Garmin Software Team places a cache!

N523RV

Wouldn't you know it, I wasn't paying any attention to this cache at work today and went home to do yardwork instead!! I was off at 4 today and probably could have been close to a FTF. Doesn't say much for the cacher in the KC area that probably lives closet to Garmin HQ then others?! :huh::)

I'll betcha they are doing a study with binocoulaurs of how many cachers have a Garmin and those other kinds of GPS's

It's easy to tell. Those who walk right to the cache site, stop, and begin searching = Garmin users. Those who walk 50 feet beyond the cache, turn around, and walk back = Magellan users. :anibad:

*ducks*

It's easy to tell. Those who walk right to the cache site, stop, and begin searching = Garmin users. Those who walk 50 feet beyond the cache, turn around, and walk back = Magellan users. :anibad:

*ducks*

I don't know about that. My Garmin Legend CX and it's replacement points me all over the place. Maybe if they spot me wandering around they'll come out and figure out what the problem is.

*ducks*

I don't know about that. My Garmin Legend CX and it's replacement points me all over the place. Maybe if they spot me wandering around they'll come out and figure out what the problem is.

Now there's an idea! No matter how close I am to a cache, I can be one mile away, if I set a route by road my Garmin 60CSx will route me via the nearest interstate, even if it's thirty miles away! Maybe I should let their software team try to find their HQ cache with it!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler
No matter how close I am to a cache, I can be one mile away, if I set a route by road my Garmin 60CSx will route me via the nearest interstate, even if it's thirty miles away!

And I thought I was the only one! :D

I live on the east side of the city of Deltona. I-4 is on the west side, several miles away. If I was already on the east side, and auto routed to a location that's also on the east side, my 60CSx would unerringly take me there via I-4. A typical route, (to go to a spot 2 miles due south), would be go west 5 miles, turn left onto I-4. Travel 1 mile south, then turn left. Go east 5 miles. Arrive at destination.

I played with my settings, changing them from "Fastest Route" to "Shortest Route" and that cured the problem.