2008 Groundspeak Volunteer Geocoins

I've been asked a few times recently in private about these and am now in a position to confirm their existence:

frontdr7.jpg

backug0.jpg

For the folks that don't know (are are new here):

What are they?

Coins produced by Signal himself and given to volunteer reviewers and moderators.

What are they used for?

It's up to each recipient to determine that. They can be set free to travel, given as gifts, etc. but no direct recipients have sold them (Signal wouldn't like that).

Are they trackable?

of course.

What does the icon look like?

1640.gif

When I get home I'll post a picture of the 1st Volunteer coin for comparison/historical knowledge unless somebody beats me to it.

Are the coins available for purchase anywhere?

Sorry, no.

Questions?

I'll have to second what my noodly buddy says above. These are outstanding coins this year. I had the great honor of receiving one in the mail. Why you might ask? Well, I don't know. I guess just because. It wasn't a trade, that's for sure. I got it from some Pastafarian dude, for just being me . . . :huh:

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find my coin, since it's activated and I don't own it. It will certainly take a special place in my collection next to my 2005 ones that I was giving as face to face gifts from my local approver and a very special Cache Agent :)

Thanks FSM :)

TMA

I'll have to second what my noodly buddy says above. These are outstanding coins this year. I had the great honor of receiving one in the mail. Why you might ask? Well, I don't know. I guess just because. It wasn't a trade, that's for sure. I got it from some Pastafarian dude, for just being me . . . :huh:

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find my coin, since it's activated and I don't own it. It will certainly take a special place in my collection next to my 2005 ones that I was giving as face to face gifts from my local approver and a very special Cache Agent :)

Thanks FSM :)

TMA

Congrats TMA, you certainly do deserve that coin!!

I found one of these this weekend....it was in the middle of a handshake. :anibad: Thanks!

That's a great way to get one - congrats!

Would love to trade one of these for <snip>

I should have stated that I won't be trading these. They will be used as gifts much like I did with the Copper version of my coin when I made those. I can't speak for other reviewers or moderators but that's my plan.

PengoFamily, thanks for posting the other pic.

All volunteers should resign, and all your cache are belong to us! Make your time.

*slap*

Sorry, I meant all volunteers should resign, and all of us without a volunteer coin should get one.

*slap ....slap*

Sorry....I mean, OH GEEZ DON'T HIT ME AGAIN...I'M SORRY.

*awkward silence*

Um....carry on. Nothing to see here. All of our volunteers do great jobs, especially our forum moderators and Arkansas and Oklahoma's reviewers. I name those specifically because I deal with them on a regular basis. I mean it.

Scouts Honor.

;)