Idea for custom swag......

MommaLogan

I have been trying to come up with something unique to leave in caches that my family and I find. I wanted it to say something about us and be something that people would consider as good swag.

I own my own business (no this will not be advertising in any way at all) making and wholeselling stitch markers for knitting. If you don't knit, then you have no idea what I am talking about. :) For all the non knitting geocachers, lets call them custom zipper pulls. They are small charms with a crystal on a small split ring. Perfect for kids coats, even though that is not the intent of them.

I thought that attaching them to a small card with our cacher name on them with a small description of what they are (stitchmarker/zipper pull) might be fun.

Would anyone want this? Or am I just caught up in my knitting, geocaching dream world :blink:

Jenn

(I would post an image....but they have my business name on them and I don;t want anyone to think that I am advertising)

This is unique. I used to have custom zipper pullers for my jackets way back when.

I believe Groundspeak will let you put the geocaching logo on your product so long as you don't sell them.

Good luck.

Check out Cafe Press about designing your own stuff and selling it through them. I'm sure there are other websites.

Edited by Chuy!
That sounds like a great item. I've used zipper pulls that I made as trade in small and micro Caches. I think they will go over well. Even if someone doesn't want to use them for either of those purposes, they can be hung as a decoration in any number of other places...like the car mirror, or whatever. Good Idea.

My wife would use them as stitch markers. :blink:

That sounds like a great item. I've used zipper pulls that I made as trade in small and micro Caches. I think they will go over well. Even if someone doesn't want to use them for either of those purposes, they can be hung as a decoration in any number of other places...like the car mirror, or whatever. Good Idea.

My wife would use them as stitch markers. :blink:

:) Well, since we cache in the same general area....lets hope you find one for her!

Jenn

Sounds like something I would like to find! Who couldn't use a zipper pull! I like any personal thing people leave, esp with cards like you described. Can't you take a pic then blotch out the name using paint or something before you post it?

I make hemp jewlry. I can't think of any good things to leave.

Edited by gitarmac