Minnesota State Park Cache

Hello...

I was approached recently by the commitee that is planning a new festival for a State Park in MN. They want me to hide a cache for the festival. I have a few ?'s for anyone who has experience placing state park caches or anyone who knows the rules and regulations better than I do.

First, are multi-caches permitted? And if so, do you need to submit and receive approval for each stage of the cache from the State Park manager? Not a big deal if I do, I just want to make sure I get the paperwork ritght the first time.

Secondly, is it possible to request that the cache not be published until the day of the festival, or possibley during the night before the festival? This is going to be a permanent cache, but we don't want anybody finding it before the actual festival starts. I figured if I had to, I could just hide the first stage of the multi the day of the event, but then I would have to put in the cache notes that it's not actually available until said date.

Any help would be apprecitated.

Thanks!

Hello...

I was approached recently by the commitee that is planning a new festival for a State Park in MN. They want me to hide a cache for the festival. I have a few ?'s for anyone who has experience placing state park caches or anyone who knows the rules and regulations better than I do.

First, are multi-caches permitted? And if so, do you need to submit and receive approval for each stage of the cache from the State Park manager? Not a big deal if I do, I just want to make sure I get the paperwork ritght the first time.

Secondly, is it possible to request that the cache not be published until the day of the festival, or possibley during the night before the festival? This is going to be a permanent cache, but we don't want anybody finding it before the actual festival starts. I figured if I had to, I could just hide the first stage of the multi the day of the event, but then I would have to put in the cache notes that it's not actually available until said date.

Any help would be apprecitated.

Thanks!

Which state park are you looking at?

It will be for Carley State Park. It's not part of the Challenge Series, but actually another event happening at about the same time. I actually looked around, and I made contact with the cacher who is responsible for the Carley cache.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction -- I didn't know much about the Challenge series, but you guys helped me out greatly.

Thanks!!