Northwest Michigan cachers, help me please

fishdirt

I am having a problem locating caches next to the pine river on the map on the geocaching site. I can't seem to even find the pine or pere marquette rivers. I go kayaking up there every year and would love to cache near the camp grounds and even along the river. Can someone point me to some caches next to the river and local campgrounds?

Check out this cache, GCK21Y, on the Pine River. Should lead you to ones around it.

Happy kayaking----I'm also a kayaker but so far don't have the "stones" to do the Pine River---yet.

Ah, no worries. It's a bit tougher in sections then the Pere Marquette. The area kayak places give you options on the toughness of the river. We always go on the last leg, it's the fastest and there is a nice slope of rapids. Though my second year there I must say I almost died 3 different ways. Mainly due to cold weather (hypothermia, drowning -I actually gave up and was ready to go until my hand felt a log above me, and being crushed...by the same log that saved me from drowning). good times! Just be careful of delayed popping tree limbs and eddys (they were strong enough to suck my paddle under and keep it there).

Thanks for the info. I tried that group but it seems a bit redundant to sign up for another geocaching community for me just for one question.

Edited by fishdirt