City Navigator

sudamar

I bought City Navigator for my 60CSX and had no trouble downloading it. Recently I bought a used Street Pilot i3 and can't seem to download the maps. It looks like everything is working right...even says it is downloading on the GPS, but when it is done there is nothing there but the old highway maps that came with it. I even unlocked it, but later got a message it wasn't unlocked. Can't you use City Navigator, which I paid about $100 for, on multiple GPS's. If anyone has any ideas what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Previous versions of Garmin's maps could be loaded on two GPS units. I was able to load my older version on a Vista C and my new Vista HCx. :anibad:

However, the most recent versions of City Navigator can only be loaded on one GPS unit . . . :unsure: You can contact Garmin to purchase an additional Unlock Code, but if they are coming out with a new, upgraded version of the maps in a couple of months, you might just wait to buy those maps.

Edit for typo . . .

Edited by Miragee

If you have Version 8 of City Navigator, and not the newest version, I think you can put that on a second GPS unit. Go to Garmin's site and see if you can get a second Unlock Code for that version.

Garmin's site is where you can also find out about purchasing additional Unlock Codes. Seems they used to be about $75.00, but I don't know for sure . . . :unsure: