In the mood for something sweet!

mousekakat

What you are playing for....

Well, it's Easter, so I figure a Jelly is appropriate!

Then of course, it's Easter, so it needs a little something, so how about some chocolate, too?

You're playing for one of our geojellies and a pack of chocolate. What kind of chocolate, you ask? Well, there's one that is really popular here called Toffifee. It's so yummy, we all fight over it when I bring some home! It does have nuts in it, so if you're allergic to nuts or just don't like them and you win, let me know and I'll send you some Swedish Milk Chocolate instead!

toffifee.jpg

SO, what do you have to do, you ask?

I want to hear you or your family's favorite Easter tradition or memory. I really am interested. Sweden does Easter very differently than the US, including doing it on Saturday instead of Sunday, and the food is totally different, but it's still really nice. I want to hear about how you guys do Easter and something that is a good or special memory!

Since this would be truly impossible to judge, a random number generator will be used to choose the winning entry.

This will be open for entry until I get up tomorrow morning and get online, usually any time between 8 and 11 my time. Right now we're 5 hours ahead of the East Coast of the US :unsure:

Edited to add. No more than 2 entries per forum member!

Have fun and post some good ones, pics are always welcome, especially old ones!!

Naomi :anibad:

Edited by mousekakat

Well when I was little my younger sister (4 years younger) and I always got up early and looked for what the Easter Bunny had left for us. This particular year we looked all over and couldn't find the baskets. My mother had a front loader washing machine and my sister suggested looking there. Being the big sister I said no they couldn't be there thinking maybe they would get wet. No that is rationalizing, it I was probably using my big sister powers! LOL We looked for a long time after that and she suggested again the washer and dryer. Of course there they were and my parents kidded me about it forever.

Off to church we went and came home to a large ham dinner as we did every year with all of the relatives present.

Then of course there was the time that my birthday fell on easter. My mother made a lamb birthday cake for me and that day was extra special. I was about 5 and thought that everyone was there to help me celebrate my birthday!

My favorite Easter memory is, after our kids got a bit older (we had a "caboose", our youngest is 5 years younger than all the rest) the other kids would hide the Easter eggs for him and he'd happily go out and find them....then they do it again, and again, and again..... :anibad: They would all spend hours out in the back yard hiding the eggs so Simon could go find them all....(these were the plastic kind with candy in them).

They all "took care" of the little guy :unsure:

EASTER-EGGS1.jpg

The last few years we have been getting together with our families and having a brunch buffet

and afterwards we got to my folks and look for "our" easter baskets. This year everyone is brining a dish to

pass so my folks do not have a big mess to clean. So we are at home now getting ready to head over there

and relax for the rest of the day!

Have a great Easter mousekakat and thanks for the coin/chocolate contest!

-Dardevle-

We usually get together at my wife's grandmoms house the day before and color eggs, and on Easter the kids look thru their baskets then a trip to wife's moms house for awhile, we then come home take ham out of oven and just eat and relax the rest of the day.

Thanks for the cointest and HAPPY EASTER TO ALL HERE ON THE FORUM!!!!!!

While growing up, the family always hid eggs and we would find them. Then when I became a mom, I followed the tradition for my son. He must have been 15 when I decided he was to old to find Easter Eggs in the yard. When he got up that morning he looked devastated that there were no eggs to find, so I just had to go out and hide eggs for him to find. It was like he was 5 all over again. I hid eggs every year after that until he moved out on his own. :unsure:

When I was a little girl my family would always go to Memorial Park in Houston and we'd do a big bar-b-que. My grandparents, my Uncle Ernest and Aunt Sharon and their 3 boys, Aunt Delores and her husband of the year :unsure: and their 2 kids, my Uncle Alex who was only 4 years older than me and of course, my parents. On occasion, since we're a big Mexican Catholic family there would be other family members drop by.

There'd be candy and huge egg hunts again and again since each branch of the family would bring a couple dozen eggs, cascarones galore, and bar-b-que and every thing that goes along with it and me and all my cousins would run around playing and having fun the entire day, going home totally wiped out that night.

A day or two before, my father and my uncle Ernest would go scope out the park to find "THE best spot" in the entire park (usually one with a grill and close to the public toilets :anibad: ) and they'd set up shop there to save our spot, hehehe!

I really miss our Texas Easter celebrations from when I was a kid!

Naomi :blink:

When we are kids we colour On Saterday before easter the bowled egs.[ and eat some eggs too :unsure: ]

pasen2007_01354.jpg

The eggs looked like these eggs. :anibad:

gekleurde_eieren_met_eetbare_verf.jpg

And then next day at easter morning we may search for the eggs. [that was very exciting for us kids]

paashaas_5_klein.JPG

And then the whole family are having a brunch with the eggs [natural] and easter bread. it was a feast for us kids :blink:

When I was a little girl my family would always go to Memorial Park in Houston and we'd do a big bar-b-que. My grandparents, my Uncle Ernest and Aunt Sharon and their 3 boys, Aunt Delores and her husband of the year :unsure: and their 2 kids, my Uncle Alex who was only 4 years older than me and of course, my parents. On occasion, since we're a big Mexican Catholic family there would be other family members drop by.

There'd be candy and huge egg hunts again and again since each branch of the family would bring a couple dozen eggs, cascarones galore, and bar-b-que and every thing that goes along with it and me and all my cousins would run around playing and having fun the entire day, going home totally wiped out that night.

A day or two before, my father and my uncle Ernest would go scope out the park to find "THE best spot" in the entire park (usually one with a grill and close to the public toilets :anibad: ) and they'd set up shop there to save our spot, hehehe!

I really miss our Texas Easter celebrations from when I was a kid!

Naomi :blink:

How do you celabrate easter with your kids in sweden now, naomi?????

Early eastermorning we eat easterbread [no eggs, i do not why??]

3-040406-5851311.jpg

Then we go visiting both our parents and bring them some easter spring flowers.

big-gun_01.jpg

We eat the whole day easter chocolate eggs,[till we get sick :unsure: and do not want to eat those eggs all year long :anibad: ]

WeblogPaaseieren01.jpg

And now were going to gourmet. :blink:

funcooking_gourmetten.jpg

Happy Easter to you all.

Naomi Thanks for this cointest.

We always woke up Easter morning to find the Easter Bunny left a basket in the family room for each of us full of goodies. Then we would have breakfast and on to the easter egg hunt. Sometimes outside and sometimes inside!! Then later in the day Easter Dinner.

These days I host Easter dinner on Saturday. My sister, her kids and my two stepchildren come over for appetizers, dinner and my candy, egg, dollar bill and scratch ticket hunt! Words said to describe my candy hunt are.......I'm beginning to sweat, It's hard core, Mel is nasty, This is the toughest easter hunt I've ever done, I need a hint,

How many are we looking for?, I won 50 bucks!!, I found the golden egg, I have how many left to find!, Mel is the queen of hiding! We've been searching for 4 hours now!! In the end these worn out kids still want another hunt the next year?? I guess I haven't scared them away yet!!

Edited by Moose-r-us

We kind of do a Swedish American mix now. The Easter Bunny isn't real big here, but he sure visits our house...we even have (honestly) rabbit tracks in the snow out back to prove it! Easter is celebrated here on Saturday instead of Sunday and we go to the in-laws' place and have lunch of ham, meatballs, little hot dog type sausages, various fish dishes, boiled potatos, and a few other things. I have "imported" green bean casserole and they all love it, and my Father-in-law loves candied sweet potatos, so he does them :unsure:

We dye eggs, of course, and the Easter Bunny leaves a basket with candy and little presents for the girls for them to discover that morning :blink:. If the weather is ok I hide the eggs outside, otherwise, it's inside hiding and finding :huh:.

Sunrise church services aren't done here, instead there's midnight Mass, but with the kids being so young it's kind of out right now.

Decorations are birch twigs that are brought in a few days earlier and sat in water and then have bright colored feathers attached to the ends of them to kind of represent the palms of palm Sunday, and lots of daffodils and tulips. The motif is usually chickens and roosters and the common colors are yellow and orange and golds :D. Definitely a celebration of the coming spring :anibad:

Naomi

We always woke up Easter morning to find the Easter Bunny left a basket in the family room for each of us full of goodies. Then we would have breakfast and on to the easter egg hunt. Sometimes outside and sometimes inside!! Then later in the day Easter Dinner.

These days I host Easter dinner on Saturday. My sister, her kids and my two stepchildren come over for appetizers, dinner and my candy, egg, dollar bill and scratch ticket hunt! Words said to describe my candy hunt are.......I'm beginning to sweat, It's hard core, Mel is nasty, This is the toughest easter hunt I've ever done, I need a hint,

How many are we looking for?, I won 50 bucks!!, I found the golden egg, I have how many left to find!, Mel is the queen of hiding! We've been searching for 4 hours now!! In the end these worn out kids still want another hunt the next year?? I guess I haven't scared them away yet!!

That sounds fun, I am coming to your place next Easter, lol!

Naomi

We (the parents) hid the real colored eggs for the kids inside the house...Richard was very good at finding great hiding places for the eggs. (Such as on the antlers of the deer on our Cuckoo clock). The kids had loads of fun finding them all, I think that's why they took the game outside later in the day for the younger one.

We always kept very careful count of the hidden real eggs :blink: Didn't want the kids to miss one and have find it by the :unsure: smell :anibad::huh:

It was lots of fun! but, I have to admit, I don't really miss all the egg dyes all over the kitchen......

That sounds fun, I am coming to your place next Easter, lol!

Naomi

It is a lot of fun! I love to cook and love to hide but in the end what a mess. It's funny cause they search so hard that they miss the stuff hidden right out in the open!!

Anyone is welcome to come to my house for an easter hunt!! If you dare, lol! but you may leave :unsure: !

Ohhhhhh.............I remember the joy of our little ones getting up and looking for Easter Eggs hidden by "The Easter Bunny"!! And I remember the first time they told us they no longer believed in "the Easter Bunny"!

When they got up that morning, there was no sign of the Easter Bunny, or even anything related to Easter! They looked and looked and looked! Their little hearts were breaking! Finally, they couldn't stand it, and had to ask about the Easter Bunny, so we talked about it, and what Easter really stood for. All the while, Hubby was outside hiding the Easter Eggs. Ohhhh... the smiles on their faces when he came in the door and exclaimed he'd seen the Easter Bunny running down the road!! They were out the door in a flash!!

Well, our baby is 16 now, but we STILL have to do Easter Baskets for the kids AND their spouses/boyfriend/girlfriend. So now we are up to 7 baskets, and a very special basket for our first grandchild this year, our grandson, Christopher!

I had told the kids I wasn't going to do them this year, and the girls were pouting!! lol Great memories for later on!!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

Edited by The Amigos

Ah... Easter...

Brings back a funny memory and story - one my Mom will laugh at when she reads this.

I JUST was telling one of my best friends this story - so its funny that this thread comes up.

Anyways...

When I was little, my mother always made the most EXTRAVAGANT Easter baskets - (A tradition she STILL upholds - this year Joels 'Grandmas House' basket blew away his 'home' basket!)

One year when I was probably around 7 or 8, mine had a chocolate bunny in it, that for some reason I got particularly attached to. I decided to NOT eat him - and just put him somewhere safe and cool where I could keep him and look at him from time to time. (Yeah... great plan eh?)

It was a 'Busy Bigby' which they sell EVERY year, even now - but, I was just smitten with this bunny - he was so cute and had a little blue bow.... ah, memories. :anibad:

To go on with the story - after several weeks, he was in the cabinet, and I was still looking at him semi-regularly, but Easter had past and my visits were less and less frequent. Long story short, one day when I was at school - my Mom ate him - she figured (likely in any other case correctly) I had forgotten about him and - as a Mom now, I dont blame her! LOL Id have eaten that little bugger sooner than she did!

Back THEN tho, OH the drama! Poor Bigby! I was distraught. (About as distraught as someone can be over the loss of a beloved chocolate bunny.)

So.. EVERY year after, I got a BUSY BIGBY for Easter, and even when I got too old, she would still get one for me. When I moved out, I couldn't break the tradition - I still keep getting them.

THIS is my FIRST YEAR where I could NOT find a Busy Bigby - usually everyone has em, WalMart, etc... but I just couldn't find one. :unsure: Kinda bummed over that... well.. about as distraught as someone can be over the loss of a beloved chocolate bunny. :blink:

Thats my fun Easter story, and unintentional tradition! But, now it just brings a smile to my face, and alot of happy memories over how lucky I always was at Easter. (My Mom and my Grandmother who passed in 95 both LOVED making baskets, and I was always the main beneficiary!)

Now... to sneak into Joels basket later - but I WON'T eat his bunny! Not for a few weeks at least! :huh:

Happy Easter everyone!!!

~P

We have 2 traditions now that we do on Easter for PengoBeky.

1) The night before after Beky is in bed we will hide plastic Easter eggs around the house. I put some small chocolates and little trinkets inside. Then I leave an empty Easter basket by Beky's bedroom door. Whe she wakes up and opens the door then she sees the basket and starts her egg hunt. This year she started before waking us up. LOL! When she has found all the eggs her reward is the Easter prize. This year it was a stuffed animal cheetah. She has wanted one for a long time. Beky loves animals.

2) Then we paint Easter eggs.

I will post photos of those later.....

OK I get a 2nd chance. My most embarrassing easter time story - my Brother and his Wife and two children came to stay, I went all out and made an easter egg hunt with clues got a cute little basket for my Niece to collect the eggs, my Nephew was too small at the time to take part, but I made a mistake in the planning, my Brother was helping my Niece and they got to clue 7 and ended up with nowhere to go for the next clue. So we just went and collected the prizes up, it was a bit of an anti climax, like one of those DNFs on a multicache lol.

HAPPY EASTER AGAIN EVERYONE :unsure:

When I was a kid my Mom used to boil eggs for breakfast, with (I think) onion skins so they'd be dyed brown. But before we'd eat them, we'd "tap" eggs first. You'd pick an egg that looked like it had a hard shell, then challenge someone else. One person would tap the pointy end of their egg against the other person's egg's pointy end, trying to break it without breaking their own. Then the other person would tap back using the rounded end. If your egg survived intact, you went on to challenge someone else. If your egg was the one to get broken though, it was time to eat it. :unsure:

It's funny that I've mentioned this to a few of my friends, and I don't know if any of them had ever tapped eggs as kids. I mentioned it though when I was in Ukraine last year, and the students there seemed to be familiar with it.

Edit because I forgot to say: Happy Easter everyone!

Edited by islander1988

Every year, rain or shine, snow or warmth, we have an easter egg hunt for the little ones. If it's raining or to cold, we have it inside the house. The older kids usually help hide the plastic eggs and then the younger ones will hint for them. We always have specially marked eggs with money inside (one for each child/ grandchild). Afterwards we have a big dinner with all the family. It's a great day for all.

Thanks for the cointest and Happy Easter wherever you all are!!

The best Easter memories I have are of when I was younger and my family and I would go to my grandparents house in Carolina Beach, and my sister and I would hunt for these hidden around the house:

2355722518_b491a7ae29.jpg

(For those of you who have never eaten them, it's a hard candy and tastes like buttery caramel.)

I think we actually did that even when it wasn't Easter, but it was still really fun and yummy!

Thanks for the cointest mousekakat!

Oh! a cointest!!! That's so nice!! thank you!

Well I will give you 2 of my memories! :-)

Here in Greece, all men must go to the army for some months! when I was a soldier (I was a sergeant), I stayed for 15 months! Now they stay of 12!

Anyway.... I stayed for basic trainning in Athens! Becasue Easterwas comming, we all had to take some days off to go to our home! They seperate all of us into 3 groups! One was going to take the days off, before Easter, the socond group during Easter (Holy week), and the 3rd group after Easter!

since most of the soldiers were from Athens, and it was easy for them to go home during Easter, they put all Men from athens, in the 1st and the 3rd group and all the men that were from other places like me, to the second group! By that way, all were happy!

I knew that I was in the second group, all men from Rhodes were in the second group, we already were prepaired and we were just waiting to leave! In our last day, we were cleanning the camp from wilf flowers etc!

The camp was big so this was very hard! I didn't care because I knew that in some hours, I was going to be in the boat to Rhodes, to see my family!!!

When the time was about to come to tell us to take our things and the permission to leave, an oficer came and said the new list of the second group! All were inside, except me!!! I felt so bad!!! All my friends from Rhodes were leaving except me!! What went wrong? What was going on?

I stayed in the camp for Easter! :unsure: I phoned my parents to tell them that I was not going to come! They were so sad but they told me not to worry and we will have Easter when I will come back!

I didn't understand what they were saying!

In Easter day, I was helping (with order from the oficer) at the Kitchen! All the others were eating and I had to wash all the plates!!!

I helped in cooking the lamp with the traditional Greek way! I had to be close to fire for hours, but when I went to eat, none left for me food!!! Not even the cooker!!! As you see I was so ungry!!!

When I saw the plates I had to wash....more than 4000 plates....I was furious!!! I started saying bad words and that I will not do that....

I also said... they didn;t left any food for me and want me to clean all these plates? I hope to start rainning.... you know! I still feel bad for that!

Guess what! It started rainning so heavy!!!! All plates were cleaned!!! :anibad:

Oficers were running to cover them selves.... it was a mess!!!

That night I learned whatr hapend and I was not in the 2nd group!

A guy from Athens, a soldier like me, that his uncle was a high rank officer of the camp, just wanted to take days off again! He was in the first group! So, someone had to stay behind! I was the one!

Things were not good for me! I was desperate! days passed and I was leaving with the 3rd group! When I saw the papers, they were saying that I had permission to stay in Athens and not in Rhodes!!! I went to the officer who was responsible and had a fight! I didn't care anymore! I was playing with fire but I won! He change it and finally went home!

My family waited in the port! Because I didn't come during Easter, they didn't salebrate Easter too!!! This was probably unique but my family was going to have Easter a week after!!!!! all happent like it was real Easter!!! I felt so nice!!! These were probably the best Easter I ever had!!! Ok, I know that they love me, but what I felt was...

That was pure love!!!! I am happy that I lived that, and I will never forget it!!!!

We only have 1 family tradition and it falls on Easter. Every year me, my brother, his wife and their 2 kids head up to my folks place. The night before my dad colors Easter eggs. He spends the morning hiding them outside and then when the whole family is done eating 'Easter brunch' we are told to gather in the living room.

Each of us is given a plastic bag and my dad proceeds to give us the details. We are told how many eggs and the boundaries of where they are hidden. Then he gives the 'go'. I immediately push my niece and nephew out of the way as I hear the fading words; "AUNTIE!!!!!" Thing is, there is a Golden egg involved here. I'm not going to let some little girl and boy get in my way of the Golden egg :blink: There are two prizes, 1 for the most eggs found and 1 for the Golden egg.

For years my brother who is not very competitve, lost to me in both categories, lol. Every 10th year he might find the Golden egg but never the most. I think those years he was secretly helped along. He is only a year a few months younger than so there was no unfair advantage.

I remember the year he was engaged and he brought my (now) sister-in-law up for Easter. This being the first year with us having to share the experience with an 'outsider' :anibad: When we were given our instructions and released to get eggs, I wasn't too worried as I took an early lead in the most eggs category. There was no way she would find the Golden egg. We hadn't even been looking for 2 minutes when I hear "is this the Golden egg?' That snake found the Golden egg, I coudn't believe it! No one beats me at my own game let alone on my territory! I was ready to tackle her adn rip the egg out of her hand. There she was all smiles while I had to pretend I was happy for her when I was really peeved. Well there were more eggs to be found and I didn't try as hard to find the rest of them, lol. I ended up finding the most but who gives a rip when the prized Golden egg was already spoken for. She's been in the family for 11 years now and she hasn't found it again cause I run even faster looking for the eggs.

Now there is a 5 year old nephew and 9 year old niece involved and I have come to slowly realize that I still don't care how young they are, they are gonna have to learn someday what it's like to be a loser in the egg finding department, lol, just because you're young and inexperienced doesn't mean you get a free ride. Ok, I do give the eggs I find to both them as I am running around, I don't keep any (see how sweet I can be) but I don't share the Golden egg! I will play dirty if I have too :unsure:

On a serious note, I do enjoy the Golden egg hunt, it makes for alot of laughs and we always talk about stories from the past. One day my parents won't be around and the Golden egg tradition will never be the same, so I consider myself very lucky to be able to do this every year and relish every moment of it.

Happy Easter and thanks for the cointest :huh:

Hmmm now something that happent during Easter, to remember for sure!!!!!!!

It was Holy week, and Thurstday! We were living in the old town of Rhodes, the Medieval town!

I was only 3 years old!!! My parents had taken me with them, and went to buy the lamp from the butcher, for the Easter! My father was carrying it! A complete lamp!!!

The Prime Minister of Greece during that time, was Constantinos Karamanlis (Not the one we have now! :huh: ). He was here in Rhodes for the Easter, and he was visiting the old town!

I saw many people there, so I left from my mother to go and see!!!

The Prime minister was there! Can you imagine what I did????

I went close to him and said in child Greek (you know ...some difficult words were not complete!): I know you!

He replyed: You know me?

- Yes! you are Karamanlis and you say Greek men and Greek Women vote New Democracy (the name of the political party)!!!

He laught, took my hand and we walked together in the old town!!!

My parents saw the whole thing and were..... The prime minister spoke to them, gave his hands and my father felt so strange!!! He was holding with one hand the lamp, and with the other he was saluting the Prime Minister of Greece!!! :unsure:

We didn't realised that there were many reporters there!!! Next day, I was the famous kid!!! All newspapers had my photo holding the Prime minister! I am not talking about local newspapers, but all newspapers!!!

The only mistake they made is that they thought I was 5, because I was talking quite good!

I am posting a proof too! The newspaper is an Athenian one and the date is: Friday, 28th of April of 1978! I was born on March 28th of 1975!!! :anibad:

a7ea9811.jpg

In case this will not work, I am giving the link too!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb22/GA...IS/a7ea9811.jpg

So, that Easter was a special one!!!! :blink:

We do something with the kids called pocking. We boil a couple dozen eggs and then we each take our share and decorate them by dyeing them and applying stickers and such. Then, Easter morning, we will find "the Lord of the Eggs". Each person picks one of their eggs and then taps them together. The egg that doesn't crack is the winner. This procedes until all eggs are cracked except one. During this process, there is a lot of grandstanding and smack talk and much to do about the whole process. We don't really have any kind of prize for the winner, but you do get to brag that your egg was #1! After that, it's egg salad for the next week!

Happy Easter!

*Mental note*.... do not get in Steph's way at future Easter egg hunts...

ROFLMAO!!!

Geez, Steph, you aren't a little competitive, are ya, lol?

Thanks for the laugh! I may just have to send you a special prize for that one, lol!

Naomi :unsure:

:anibad: I get it from my dad! Blame his genes. Not an Easter story but to show how competitve the two of us are....

One day I was up at my folks place and me, my mom and dad took a walk. They live at the top of a small mountain. We walked down by the lake, talking and skipping rocks. When it was time to head back, my mom (noncompetitve) was walking slower and my dad and I were talking as we started up the mountain driveway. He always walks with a 'walking stick", he's always like them. Anyhow, as we headed up the driveway, we were dead even and just talking and I slowly without any intention (albeit, I'm quite a bit younger, lol) got a couple paces ahead of him and then he quickened his pace and was in front of me by a few steps. Well the talking grew less and less and the "walking" got faster and faster. Half way up the drive way the two of us were in a dead sprint up the mountain in a 'who could get up the driveway the fastest' lol. He did beat me but not by much, lol. Neither of us could hardly breathe as my mom walked passed us and into the house and as she opened the door while both of us were hunched over with our hands on our knees, she said "I beat you both into the house" and smiled. Turkey!

Hmm, I do love those Toffifees so....

We dont really have any firm traditions but we usually have easterlunch, we eat bolied eggs that we paint first and some minisausages called "prinskorv" and some meatballs"köttbullar" . Then we give papereggs filled with goodies, candy or small soft toys. I put in a small book and some clothes and a chicken- or rabbit figurin.

img7301kg9.jpg

Sometimes the eggs are BIG

p3220037sl6.jpg

and sometimes they are just not big enough.

img7311he5.jpg

This year we may have started a tradition, called Äggjakt i Delsjöskogen. It was an easterevent with hidden cacheeggs and just a hangaround meeting others. Very nice, had a really good time.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c0-8e4d74be524c

The writing is in swedish but there are pictures too.

Well thats a little about our easter.

Karin

Easter for us is just a great time to spend a few quietish (well 8 dogs and the one cat - it is never sshhhh quiet...) days together as a family and enjoy some relaxing time.

Of course copius amounts of Chocolate are essential, but as the kid has grown older he now beleives that the eggs are not laid by a Golden Goose, so we have given up on the egg hunt event. Lucky I suppose we have had torrential rain since thursday night through to this morning.

And I am not telling how many Golden Eggs we used to hide out there, just in case anyone competitive finds out and starts stalking us?

Happy Easter to all of you (especially Mousekakat and family) and hope this starts the begining of the Summer Weather and some more caching.

Swedish Chocolate......Good Idea - will add it to the shopping list when we visit Ikea again next week - so many YUMMY Swedish foods treats in there!

well, it might be boring (not) and it might be unique (not), but we do this:

after the kids go swimming...

db1cdf8f-18c7-49e1-8246-2ddd15ae3745.jpg

then, the next day, this:

ac048f5d-3d20-4368-b595-39c6a5dea4de.jpg

Today, one of the eggs (filled with $12 in the new "gold" coins) was camo'd & hidden (by me) very well. Coords recorded.... and, after the kids (all 18 of 'em) found all the other eggs, I gave one of the kids my GPSr and told 'em to hunt down the "good stuff". With the GPSr they nailed it in about 10 minutes. I think this will become the new tradition.

Oh yeah,

the other tradition that the kidz absolutely love is doin' resurrection rolls.

here's how they work:

Ingredients:

* 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough

* large marshmallows

* Melted butter

* Cinnamon

* Sugar

Directions:

* Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb.

* Each child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ.

* Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial.

* Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow.

* Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (Otherwise the marshmallow will "ooze" out of the seams)

* Bake according to package directions.

* Cool.

* Break open the tomb and the body of Christ is no longer there!! :anibad::blink:

* Celebrate God's love! :unsure:

In the town where I grew up was the worldwide headquarters of Barclays Bank, a giant of a building by our town standards. The logo of the bank is a flying eagle, and one Easter some lads from the local rugby club covered a rugby ball in aluminium foil, scaled the outside of the building and deposited the "egg".

Uproar! The local press had a field day and of course people came from the outlying areas to see the egg that the Barclays International eagle had laid.

To this day I can't pass the builing without looking for more eggs no matter what the season is!

Happy Easter everyone & thanks for the cointest Naomi.

I really loved the first year we moved into our new house right before Easter. We were so excited to have a yard..and trees that we hid all the eggs outside for the kids to find. They were all still young enough to have a ball. This year my oldest, the teen helped with the hiding and just the two youngest went out to hunt. They took about 3 minutes to find 13 eggs. Those caching skills really came in handy. Next year we'll kick it up a notch and 'camo' the eggs so they don't stick out so much.

This year was also special as we invited the new neighbours, who are from British Columbia for our Easter Dinner. It was total spur of the moment, but we found some really great people and we were glad to share our food with them.

Happy Easter everyone!

Today was EmmaGems first Easter. Morning was normal as we had the hunt in the afternoon. We went to our friends house where they had probably 300 freakin eggs!!! We brought a dozen eggs from our chickens...They were already green, so we didnt color them, just picked out all the green ones.

The eggs were divided amongst all us old folks...errr, I mean wise rabbits and we hid them in 3 different areas. 1 for the little kids, then the bigger little kids, then the big kids!

They went to town on those eggs and you shoulda seen em!!! They didnt even see the eggs they were so excited!!! :D ...There were so many, they would just run right past em, yould tell em "theres one" and they'd look all around so fast and still not even see it! :D

My little Buddy got 23 eggs just himself, not counting the plastic eggs or his sisters!!! Emerald got about 6, but then when all the kids were shure they got em all and settled down abit playin with their new toys and grubbin down their candy, There I set out~To find all that was left!!!- I ended up finding at least 10 more eggs that they all missed! :D

Great Fun today...I loved it! :D EmmaGem was highly admired by all in her cute little easter Dress! :D:blink::)

my mother told me when I was a small kid that the easterbunny had hidden all kind of eggs and that the children must surch for them when we came from the church.

the found eggs we put them in a basket and we take them to home and we eat those with the complete family at the lunch.

it was a wonderful time.....

at one moment i asked my mother what a easterbunny was.

my mother told me that it was a white rabbit was whit long stand up ears.

I ran to te outside looked at my casper and askt him:

casper do you have hidden our eggs ??

my easter story that my mother told me for a lot of years :blink::)

greetings Lorca.nl

We have two family traditions around easter the first is that my dad always hides the easter baskets. My dad is so good its scary. one year when we were in colorado at my grandmas he hid my cousins in a 20ft tall tree at the top and the other in as ceiling vent. We also always have a huge family dinner of 20 to 30 people (not all are blood family some are people we adopt for the day) its a fun time had by all. the other tradition is that my brothers birthday is around easter every year so we always get him a pinata. its always fun but sadly since he turned 18 this year this is the last year for pinata. good contest

one of the other tradition now with new nieces and nephews is that i hide 8 eggs in my grandmothers yard and each egg has a name on it and a toy for each one. Most are toy cars or accessories for dolls but the kids like it and its training for me for when i have to take over hiding the baskets after my dad "quits"

And the winner is....

*drum rolling*

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

Timestamp: 2008-03-24 09:43:24 UTC

And who was lucky number 27?

The Cat! Gatoulis!

Oh! a cointest!!! That's so nice!! thank you!

Well I will give you 2 of my memories! :-)

Here in Greece, all men must go to the army for some months! when I was a soldier (I was a sergeant), I stayed for 15 months! Now they stay of 12!

Anyway.... I stayed for basic trainning in Athens! Becasue Easterwas comming, we all had to take some days off to go to our home! They seperate all of us into 3 groups! One was going to take the days off, before Easter, the socond group during Easter (Holy week), and the 3rd group after Easter!

since most of the soldiers were from Athens, and it was easy for them to go home during Easter, they put all Men from athens, in the 1st and the 3rd group and all the men that were from other places like me, to the second group! By that way, all were happy!

I knew that I was in the second group, all men from Rhodes were in the second group, we already were prepaired and we were just waiting to leave! In our last day, we were cleanning the camp from wilf flowers etc!

The camp was big so this was very hard! I didn't care because I knew that in some hours, I was going to be in the boat to Rhodes, to see my family!!!

When the time was about to come to tell us to take our things and the permission to leave, an oficer came and said the new list of the second group! All were inside, except me!!! I felt so bad!!! All my friends from Rhodes were leaving except me!! What went wrong? What was going on?

I stayed in the camp for Easter! :D I phoned my parents to tell them that I was not going to come! They were so sad but they told me not to worry and we will have Easter when I will come back!

I didn't understand what they were saying!

In Easter day, I was helping (with order from the oficer) at the Kitchen! All the others were eating and I had to wash all the plates!!!

I helped in cooking the lamp with the traditional Greek way! I had to be close to fire for hours, but when I went to eat, none left for me food!!! Not even the cooker!!! As you see I was so ungry!!!

When I saw the plates I had to wash....more than 4000 plates....I was furious!!! I started saying bad words and that I will not do that....

I also said... they didn;t left any food for me and want me to clean all these plates? I hope to start rainning.... you know! I still feel bad for that!

Guess what! It started rainning so heavy!!!! All plates were cleaned!!! :D

Oficers were running to cover them selves.... it was a mess!!!

That night I learned whatr hapend and I was not in the 2nd group!

A guy from Athens, a soldier like me, that his uncle was a high rank officer of the camp, just wanted to take days off again! He was in the first group! So, someone had to stay behind! I was the one!

Things were not good for me! I was desperate! days passed and I was leaving with the 3rd group! When I saw the papers, they were saying that I had permission to stay in Athens and not in Rhodes!!! I went to the officer who was responsible and had a fight! I didn't care anymore! I was playing with fire but I won! He change it and finally went home!

My family waited in the port! Because I didn't come during Easter, they didn't salebrate Easter too!!! This was probably unique but my family was going to have Easter a week after!!!!! all happent like it was real Easter!!! I felt so nice!!! These were probably the best Easter I ever had!!! Ok, I know that they love me, but what I felt was...

That was pure love!!!! I am happy that I lived that, and I will never forget it!!!!

I'm going to send out a box of the chocolates as honorable mention to the authors of two posts that made me laugh the most :)

The first going to the author of this post :)

We only have 1 family tradition and it falls on Easter. Every year me, my brother, his wife and their 2 kids head up to my folks place. The night before my dad colors Easter eggs. He spends the morning hiding them outside and then when the whole family is done eating 'Easter brunch' we are told to gather in the living room.

Each of us is given a plastic bag and my dad proceeds to give us the details. We are told how many eggs and the boundaries of where they are hidden. Then he gives the 'go'. I immediately push my niece and nephew out of the way as I hear the fading words; "AUNTIE!!!!!" Thing is, there is a Golden egg involved here. I'm not going to let some little girl and boy get in my way of the Golden egg :D There are two prizes, 1 for the most eggs found and 1 for the Golden egg.

For years my brother who is not very competitve, lost to me in both categories, lol. Every 10th year he might find the Golden egg but never the most. I think those years he was secretly helped along. He is only a year a few months younger than so there was no unfair advantage.

I remember the year he was engaged and he brought my (now) sister-in-law up for Easter. This being the first year with us having to share the experience with an 'outsider' :) When we were given our instructions and released to get eggs, I wasn't too worried as I took an early lead in the most eggs category. There was no way she would find the Golden egg. We hadn't even been looking for 2 minutes when I hear "is this the Golden egg?' That snake found the Golden egg, I coudn't believe it! No one beats me at my own game let alone on my territory! I was ready to tackle her adn rip the egg out of her hand. There she was all smiles while I had to pretend I was happy for her when I was really peeved. Well there were more eggs to be found and I didn't try as hard to find the rest of them, lol. I ended up finding the most but who gives a rip when the prized Golden egg was already spoken for. She's been in the family for 11 years now and she hasn't found it again cause I run even faster looking for the eggs.

Now there is a 5 year old nephew and 9 year old niece involved and I have come to slowly realize that I still don't care how young they are, they are gonna have to learn someday what it's like to be a loser in the egg finding department, lol, just because you're young and inexperienced doesn't mean you get a free ride. Ok, I do give the eggs I find to both them as I am running around, I don't keep any (see how sweet I can be) but I don't share the Golden egg! I will play dirty if I have too :D

On a serious note, I do enjoy the Golden egg hunt, it makes for alot of laughs and we always talk about stories from the past. One day my parents won't be around and the Golden egg tradition will never be the same, so I consider myself very lucky to be able to do this every year and relish every moment of it.

Happy Easter and thanks for the cointest :D

Steph, I've learned a valuable lesson here... do not compete with you, lol!

And the second going to the author of this post :)

Ah... Easter...

Brings back a funny memory and story - one my Mom will laugh at when she reads this.

I JUST was telling one of my best friends this story - so its funny that this thread comes up.

Anyways...

When I was little, my mother always made the most EXTRAVAGANT Easter baskets - (A tradition she STILL upholds - this year Joels 'Grandmas House' basket blew away his 'home' basket!)

One year when I was probably around 7 or 8, mine had a chocolate bunny in it, that for some reason I got particularly attached to. I decided to NOT eat him - and just put him somewhere safe and cool where I could keep him and look at him from time to time. (Yeah... great plan eh?)

It was a 'Busy Bigby' which they sell EVERY year, even now - but, I was just smitten with this bunny - he was so cute and had a little blue bow.... ah, memories. :D

To go on with the story - after several weeks, he was in the cabinet, and I was still looking at him semi-regularly, but Easter had past and my visits were less and less frequent. Long story short, one day when I was at school - my Mom ate him - she figured (likely in any other case correctly) I had forgotten about him and - as a Mom now, I dont blame her! LOL Id have eaten that little bugger sooner than she did!

Back THEN tho, OH the drama! Poor Bigby! I was distraught. (About as distraught as someone can be over the loss of a beloved chocolate bunny.)

So.. EVERY year after, I got a BUSY BIGBY for Easter, and even when I got too old, she would still get one for me. When I moved out, I couldn't break the tradition - I still keep getting them.

THIS is my FIRST YEAR where I could NOT find a Busy Bigby - usually everyone has em, WalMart, etc... but I just couldn't find one. :blink: Kinda bummed over that... well.. about as distraught as someone can be over the loss of a beloved chocolate bunny. :D

Thats my fun Easter story, and unintentional tradition! But, now it just brings a smile to my face, and alot of happy memories over how lucky I always was at Easter. (My Mom and my Grandmother who passed in 95 both LOVED making baskets, and I was always the main beneficiary!)

Now... to sneak into Joels basket later - but I WON'T eat his bunny! Not for a few weeks at least! :D

Happy Easter everyone!!!

~P

And Paula, didn't you mean "egg-travagant?" :D

Soooo... send me your addresses and I'll get your goodies out to ya!

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Naomi :)

Edited by mousekakat

Congrats to cinamaboxers and tsunrisebey with winning the :D sweet :D price.

Mousekakat thanks for the cointest and i'm going to light the last candle for you now on the internet.

Naomi, you can do it tomorrow, think positive and be who you are, everything will be allright. :blink:

SUCCES :)