Logging a TB before the cacher that dropped it.

troiluann

We went to New Orleans & dropped a TB there. We marked on the log sheet that we were out of town & that we dropped off the TB. That same day someone else found it. They logged a "Re-grab". It took it from our inventory so we couldn't log a "drop off".

As of right now we have a TB that was not logged in the cache we retrieved it from.

Is there a rule or time limit to log a TB that you know the other cacher just hasn't had time to get home & log their drop?

No set rule but it is courteous to allow people time to log the drop. They may not have noticed your note in the logbook so next time post a note on the bug page. (You can then delete the note after you do the drop).

Either way give someone at least a couple three days and if you do Grab it away make sure you log it into the cache you found it in.

When I am caching out of town I right the Tb number down and the cache that I dropped it off at. If someone logs it before I have a chance to I can still grab it back and drop it in the cache. Then I'll email them of what I did so they can get it back. That way the bug gets its miles.

When I am caching out of town I right the Tb number down and the cache that I dropped it off at. If someone logs it before I have a chance to I can still grab it back and drop it in the cache. Then I'll email them of what I did so they can get it back. That way the bug gets its miles.

We do the same thing. It also helps to keep the TB straight on where we drop them.