Occupations

fishdirt

Some people say I get paid to do nothing. At one time many years ago I was accused of being the worst professional golfer there was as I got paid to golf 3 or 4 times a week during the work day. I have been reparing computers of all sizes and types since '72.

I am now the Technology Coordinator for a board of REALTORS that has 1000 members just counting down until I can retire and geocache more while traveling the country.

Much as I have stated in the past on these forums, I tend to wear several hats, but one of the primary hats that I wear is that of a private independent consulting and R&D scientist offering expertise in about a dozen fields in the sciences; I have clients on every continent except Antarctica, and sometimes travel the USA and the world providing onsite services.

However, one side venture which has started to take more and more of my time and attention, and which is also lots of fun for me, is a small venture called Many Worlds Starship Repair Facility which I started in year 2000. We provide design, redesign, maintenance and repair services for almost any starship technology found in this universe or in any of the alternate space-time continua. And, a somewhat related venture, also part of my Many Worlds Industries umbrella, is the cluster of two time-space portal-related service organizations which I also operate. While one of the companies, Many Worlds Time-Space Portal Tuning and Monitoring, focuses upon improving the stability and coherence of existing time-space portals (both naturally-occurring and those created by sentient beings), the other focuses upon the repair and remediation of damage caused by sloppy, unfocused or incoherent time-space portals, particularly the removal, rehabilitation and restoration of entities or beings which had been ripped from their original space-time continuum by such portals. I have a lot of fun with all of these ventures, and there is never a dull moment in these lines of work.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Instrument/Electrical Technican (In other words I fix things other people break.)

Destructive Test Technician - Automotive (In other words, I break things other people fix.)

Keeeerash, kaaaaaboom, kerbaaaaaang. ;)

Working daily to keep ya safe...somebody's gotta do it!

Tech support for a govenment agency. Currently, support for 14 offices at the Information Systems Technician level. As soon as it clears personnel (hopefully next week) I'll be skipping the Assistant level and moving to the Associate Information Systems Analyst level supporting departmental offices for the northern third of California.

I am a nickle miner for the largest nickle producer in the world in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. I work 5000 feet underground. I pretty much get paid to blow stuff up. As a second job I am a pyrotechnician, doing fireworks shows, once again getting paid to blow stuff up. ;)

I forgot to add that my wife and I also have a Pet Waste Removal company called K-9 Clean.

Our slogan is " We're always on Doodie"

Annie - between substitute teaching part-time, volunteering in my church, scrapbooking, being a geomutt 'mommy' and caching (or hanging out on this forum) ....... well, there isn't any 'between' left!!! LOL ;)

PB - daytime -Pharmacy technician in our smallish community hospital, night time - audio engineer, cacher and geomutt dad!

Me - I.T. Assistant (Database Management/some Access app development)

Hubby - Home Improvement

Son - student (He's only 13)

Home Improvement! So is he a regular Tim Taylor or more of an Al? Personally, I need to find a Heidi! ;)

I don't know the show well enough... He's the one that knows how to do the job!

I am a pastor. I support my gecoaching habit by taking up a love offering at church. Every fifth Sunday of the month (that's church talk for those months where there just happens to be five Sundays), we pass around the offering plate with a GPSr attached, so that we can pinpoint who's giving what. :unsure:

Those who give a lot get a special geocoin, :)

and those who don't get a special cache consisting of a burning paper bag full of dog-poop on their front porch. :huh:

Seriously though, I am a pastor :blink:

At a private school I teach 8th grade earth science, 9th grade physical science, 10th grade biology, 11th grade chemistry and 12th grade human anatomy/physiology. Also taught bible one semester. "Fortunately" I'm not qualified to teach physics or I would be teaching that too. :unsure:

My wife's income provides enough income to have Internet access at home. Otherwise I'd be going to the library to get online to find coords etc. Since I spend far more time creating caches with colorful web pages and puzzles rather than finding geocaches I don't use much gas driving around.