Occupations

fishdirt

Accounting...the negative here is that for the first 3.5 months of the year I don't get to cache much. I did double major in accounting and information technology, though I will say the IT program at my college then was pretty much just some Visual Basic, Java Script, and a few extra Excel courses, so I don't think I'd do to well if I changed to that career path! :D

I'm a software developer. Right now I'm working on a little spare time project that will organize geocache info in a similar way that GSAK does. I am by all means not trying to replace or even come close to competing with GSAK as it is a very good solution that I really like. In fact, my little project won't be made available to the public, I just thought I'd throw in a little note about how I mix work with play...

Edited by The Sneaky Snakes

Kind of curious. How do you support your Caching habit? I am currently collecting unemployment but am going to attempt to join the freelance art/illustration arena. I had to get others addicted to help my addiction :laughing:

U.S. Navy. Sonar Technician on an air base, go figure. ; ) I'm trying to break into the graphics design business on the side, too!

I have been involved in public safety for years now, but make my fun money on the side. Make DVD's for folks, educational talks here and there.

My spouse is a paraprofessional working with special eneds students in elementary school.

Mmm...How can I work it out so I can get paid to be out Geocaching...the million dollar question!

Edited by DareGuy

Well it sures sounds like most are cooped up in a office enviroment all day. I keep facilities up and running and have about a 100 mile radius coverage so I am out and about every day.

This enables me to take breaks along the way where there just might happen to be a cache that needs checked out.

Kind of curious. How do you support your Caching habit? I am currently collecting unemployment but am going to attempt to join the freelance art/illustration arena. I had to get others addicted to help my addiction :lol:

I work an eight hour day as a cashier in a local supermarket. I would do more geocaching except all I want to do is sit with my feet up after a full day at work. I sure look forward to my days off when I can catch up with laundry and housework etc, :wub: which takes even more time away from my favourite new hobby. When I do get the chance to geocache it is helping me appreciate all the wonderful and beautiful areas of Calgary which were not so obvious when I first moved here just 18 months ago.

We cache as a family and are supported by computer tech job with Ethan Allen and pharmaceutical manufacturing with Actavis. We are new to caching but we are enjoying it. We have planned our vacation and we are even caching during that time also. We have also joined the Terracaching family and are picking up terras along the way. :lol: