Broke a wire inside my explorist xl. Any interior views available?

I opened up my explorist xl to see if changing the scratched screen was possible. Bad move.

I put it back together and it didn't start up. Turns out I pulled off the positive battery wire and

I cannot figure where it attached to the circuit board. There is no stub or obvious solder point

Are there any pictures or diagrams available? Any ideas?

I opened up my explorist xl to see if changing the scratched screen was possible. Bad move.

I put it back together and it didn't start up. Turns out I pulled off the positive battery wire and

I cannot figure where it attached to the circuit board. There is no stub or obvious solder point

;^) You're lucky, a quick and merciful death, no more waiting for a reprieve

that may never come. ;^)

I don't think I'm ready to kill mine yet, maybe come May I'll dissect it, but not

before (even though Maggie already pithed it to a certain extent) . . . Sorry

Norm

;^) You're lucky, a quick and merciful death, no more waiting for a reprieve

that may never come. ;^)

I don't think I'm ready to kill mine yet, maybe come May I'll dissect it, but not

before (even though Maggie already pithed it to a certain extent) . . . Sorry

Norm

Maybe it was hubris. I got waas back. I could do anything. But my buddy still had better accuracy.

I'll show him. I'll make it better, stronger, or at least scratchless. The gods punished me. When I put it

back together the positive wire with no copper showing on its end somehow made contact with the

chunk of metal that the ground wire attaches to. I decide to hook it up to the computer to see if it is

ok other than the lack of battery power. I turn it on and out comes smoke. The smell of burning wire

insulation in the morning does not smell like victory. But what a nice doorstop. :blink:

I was reading your post, and although it's already too late, I will tell you that you can get internal photos of any device with an FCC ID.

Go to the FCC's Lookup website here, and just fill in the first two fields (FCC ID) and click search.

You let out the magic blue smoke. That sucks bigtime.

I was reading your post, and although it's already too late, I will tell you that you can get internal photos of any device with an FCC ID.

Go to the FCC's Lookup website here, and just fill in the first two fields (FCC ID) and click search.

Where does one find this magical FCC ID at?

Edited by KOOLAID105

Maybe it was hubris. I got waas back. I could do anything. But my buddy still had better accuracy.

I'll show him. I'll make it better, stronger, or at least scratchless. The gods punished me. When I put it

back together the positive wire with no copper showing on its end somehow made contact with the

chunk of metal that the ground wire attaches to. I decide to hook it up to the computer to see if it is

ok other than the lack of battery power. I turn it on and out comes smoke. The smell of burning wire

insulation in the morning does not smell like victory. But what a nice doorstop. :anibad:

That's too bad. How about a picture?