Will this work with a magellan

Was reading up on premium membership and read this.

"Pocket Queries

Hand-entering geocache coordinates is tedious, and you run the risk of developing repetitive motion injuries if you hunt more than a few caches in a day. With a Pocket Query you can download up to 500 specifically defined geocache waypoints directly to your GPS in a flash! "

I have a magellan GPS that I will not give up for the world, love it. Now this says I can dowload waypoints to my GPS, does this mean it has to be a Garmin or no?

I have downloaded the LOC files to try and load onto my magellan, everyone i tried to import says file may be corrupted or not supported?

If i go pemium can i then get waypoints to work with my GPS?

Just so you know I have a magellan sport trak with latest firmware, updated back in 2005, now with topo canada on it, when I try to load the LOC's, it says open with Streets and Destitnations, my previous SW. I try and point it to Topo Canada but it gives me this error.

Maybe, Im not sure, but is there a way to download these waypoints and put them on my map then load them to my GPS, maybe by opening with another program and changing the file to another extension?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Hi,

You need to either use the Geocache Manager software that came with the GPS, or download a program called Geocaching Swiss Army Knife to convert the GPX file. (or loc files if you wish, but I highly recommend the gpx)

Enjoy,

PC

Or if you have the explorist series and aren't running vista you could use vantagepoint.

Hi,

You need to either use the Geocache Manager software that came with the GPS, or download a program called Geocaching Swiss Army Knife to convert the GPX file. (or loc files if you wish, but I highly recommend the gpx)

Enjoy,

PC

Or if you have the explorist series and aren't running vista you could use vantagepoint.

No its not an explorist.

What would I need to convert the file to?

Am going to DL the swiss army knife you spoke of to give it a try thanks.

I have a Magellan Meridian (very similar to Sportrak, I believe). GSAK works great.

Also, if you have a removable SD card (don't remember if Sportrak does), GSAK can output the file format that goes right onto the SD card. With the SD card in an SD card reader/writer, upload of 500 waypoint files is only several seconds.

I have a Magellan Meridian (very similar to Sportrak, I believe). GSAK works great.

Also, if you have a removable SD card (don't remember if Sportrak does), GSAK can output the file format that goes right onto the SD card. With the SD card in an SD card reader/writer, upload of 500 waypoint files is only several seconds.

I have since gotten GASK to work for me a few times, few other would not , bad communication problem, im going to blame this on my homemade data transfer cable, I tried afterwards, after securing it more tightly to my GPSr unit and it worked fine, uploaded and found 5 caches today, so looks like I may have got it straighted out, tnkd for all the replys and help, muchly appreciated, just gettin back into this again, but goin in hard and devoted :anibad: