Internet Explorer 8 Beta

Team Dromomania

I installed the Internet Explorer 8 Beta on my Windows XP PC today to try out a few of its new neat features. Everything was going well until I tried to access my geocaching account. I get a flash of info and then I'm left with a green background but no text or images. Have any others had this problem and if so have you found a solution? The "Emulate IE7" button works fine so I'm still able to log on but it's under the old system.

I thought I had searched well and I'm surprised that this might be the first item on this topic. If I'm duplicating a thread could you please direct me there.

Thanks.

Without doing anything special IE 8 Beta seems to be doing ok on geocaching.com today. There are still some issues on a couple of other sites but the problems are gone here so I'm closing this thread.

You can't close the thread. You can "report" the thread and ask the MOD's to close it for you. Since you have already made your wish known here, if a MOD drops by, they will close it for you. But what would it hurt to keep it open? At least till IE 8 is out of Beta. There could be other issues.

Without doing anything special IE 8 Beta seems to be doing ok on geocaching.com today. There are still some issues on a couple of other sites but the problems are gone here so I'm closing this thread.

You can't close the thread. You can "report" the thread and ask the MOD's to close it for you. Since you have already made your wish known here, if a MOD drops by, they will close it for you. But what would it hurt to keep it open? At least till IE 8 is out of Beta. There could be other issues.

Until IE8 is out of beta, it isn't worth it for a commercial site to chase the issues. Problems should be addressed to the developers of IE8.