Nicknames That Reflect the State You Live In

Iowa Tom

I'm not trying to be vain here. I am just curious.

Today I was contacted by Dakota Jim about his dropping off a TB on his way past my town. That got me wondering about how many other geocachers use their first or last name along with something that ties them to a particular state in the Union. I was once contacted by Indiana Bill too but now I cannot locate his name in the system.

The reason that I chose the nickname I did for geocaching is because when I first started writing to an astronomy forum several years ago I needed to differentiate myself from the other Toms in the group. I signed off as, Tom Iowa USA. The nickname I chose for geocaching evolved from that. The seven letters that I use fit also perfectly in a vanity license plate.

I live in Minnetonka, the original home of Tonka toys. The school uses "Tonka Pride" and "Tonka Cares" as slogans so the term is synonymous with the school. Tonka is just a shortened verson. Anyways around here there is also:

Minne-apolis

Minne-sota

TonkaJen

From Tonka Sota, never did live in Apolis.

I'm not trying to be vain here. I am just curious.

Today I was contacted by Dakota Jim about his dropping off a TB on his way past my town. That got me wondering about how many other geocachers use their first or last name along with something that ties them to a particular state in the Union. I was once contacted by Indiana Bill too but now I cannot locate his name in the system.

The reason that I chose the nickname I did for geocaching is because when I first started writing to an astronomy forum several years ago I needed to differentiate myself from the other Toms in the group. I signed off as, Tom Iowa USA. The nickname I chose for geocaching evolved from that. The seven letters that I use fit also perfectly in a vanity license plate.

And can you guess who my favorite all-time comedy team is?

I am Zolgar the Insane.

It has everything to do with my mental state (insane), but nothing to do with my physical state.

My physical place of dwelling is Tucson Arizona, but shall become the Utopian Playland, along with the rest of the world, when Doctor Steel takes over.

Nope, however...

Girlfriend and I are retired Corrections Officers from Central Florida Reception Center in Orlando, Florida.

You've heard of Disney World, the Magic Kingdom?

We're Prison World, the Tragic Kingdom.

Come down on vacation, go home on probation, come back on violation.

hehehe

Mark (and Peggy)