GpSmap 60cx

I just got the 60cx yesterday and I love it so far (yesterday found 6 caches) but there is one part I can not figure out. When you use the find button there is a place for Geocaches but I have nothing in there and do not now how to get them there, everything I have entered have gone into waypoints.

thanks to anyone that can help me .. :

Edited by campingirl58

I believe that if you use the geocache mode (which I dislike) the icon for the waypoint has to be the closed treasure chest one for it to show. Try accessing one of the waypoints and changing the icon. Or don't use the geocache mode.

My unit that has this option is currently out of reach for me to provide better instructions.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Quick answer if you're manually inputting caches, change the icon in the corner when you are marking the waypoint to the closed treasure chest and it will put it into the "Geocache" subheading in your find menu.

You may look at putting them in as POI's as you become more familiar with the unit. I use GSAK and have a 1 gig smicroSD card that I have tons of maps and caches for the entire state of Minnesota loaded onto my GPS. (I travel to unpredictable places around the state so it is great to be able to see what's nearby if I have some down time) You need a premium membership to fully take advantage of it, but if you cache a lot I find it is a more efficient method on the 60Cx.

When you get around to becoming a premium member you can download pocket queries of up to 500 caches. Load them into GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife - one of your best caching friends) and send them to the GPS all at once. You can have GSAK send them all with the closed treasure chest icon. They will then show up on the Find, Geocache screen. They will show up on the Find, Waypoints screen as well but the non-geocache waypoints will be filtered out on the Find, Geocache screen.

I use this all the time and like it.

I just got the 60cx yesterday and I love it so far (yesterday found 6 caches) but there is one part I can not figure out. When you use the find button there is a place for Geocaches but I have nothing in there and do not now how to get them there, everything I have entered have gone into waypoints.

The question is how have you entered? Are you entering manually?

I have a 76CSx but from all I read it should be like your 60CX. I've only downloaded geocaches from geocaching.com. I have my GPS connected to my laptop USB port & turned on. After I find the caches I mark each one I want & tell it to send to GPS. It finds my 76CSx and downloads the cache info. All of them so far end up in the geocaching icon.

They also show up as waypoints but that's a whole other issue for me.

Have fun.