GPSmap 60CSx Geocache icon - How to change to open chest?

luked

I have been successfully adding Geochaches to my CSx. They show up as little treasure chests on my screen but when I get to the cache I cannot figure out how to change them to an "open" treasure chest. Tried all the usual menu's etc, all the manual says it that when you find a cache it will change.

Am I completely blind? :huh:

THX

Luke D

yes!

First of all, what are you doing? Looking for a geocache, right?

FIND

What do you want to find? A cache, right?

GEOCACHE

Okay, so you're standing in your driveway, what's next? Going to find the cache, right?

GOTO

You go there, look around, you either find it or you don't, right?

FOUND

If you will then look at your icons, that cache icon is now an open box.

If you'll go into Calendar, you'll see that cache listed as one of your geocache finds for that day.

Edited by LifeOnEdge!

yes!

First of all, what are you doing? Looking for a geocache, right?

FIND

What do you want to find? A cache, right?

GEOCACHE

Okay, so you're standing in your driveway, what's next? Going to find the cache, right?

GOTO

You go there, look around, you either find it or you don't, right?

FOUND

If you will then look at your icons, that cache icon is now an open box.

If you'll go into Calendar, you'll see that cache listed as one of your geocache finds for that day.

Where do i find the "FOUND" option? This is what I am trying to figure out

find

geocache

Select a Geocache

go to

It's here you must select "Off Road"

Now page to the Compass page. It is here at the bottom you can mark it found.

Now to see the open treasure chests.

Find, geocache, menu, show found cache. Don't forget to change it back to not found to see all the not found caches listed.

It sounds like you are really, really new to this unit and you just need to play with it, read your reference materials, and keep playing with it.

Even with the above replies, there are things I would not do as a beginner. You're just begging for trouble. For example: Viewing Found caches. This will likely convince you that your GPS isn't working properly. Just View Waypoints. All waypoints, geocaches both found and unfound will be displayed.

A quick hint: FIND FIND is a fast way to get to recently viewed waypoints list.

At this point, however, I'm betting that when I say "FIND FIND" you're scratching your head. Right? Pressing the Find key twice takes you to a list of recently viewed waypoints.

You can display geocaches, but you have a choice of viewing unfound caches (closed chests) or found caches (open chests.) You toggle between the two views and the unit remembers which was used last. SO, if you choose to view found caches, you won't see unfound caches in the list.

If you EVER find yourself saying: Wait! I just downloaded 500 caches into my GPS and NOW they're NOT THERE! You have View Found Caches enabled.

There should be some "Getting to know your GPSmap 60 CSx" threads in this forum. Look for those and play around. You'll get there.