Archived Caches

hardkoretech

If you logged your DNF, then you can simply view the cache by looking at your log. Alternatively, you can find archived caches if you know the GC number, or the name of the hider. Othwerwise, you are out of luck.

I do know that searching for archived caches will be brought back as a premium member feature.

If you logged your DNF, then you can simply view the cache by looking at your log. Alternatively, you can find archived caches if you know the GC number, or the name of the hider. Othwerwise, you are out of luck.

I do know that searching for archived caches will be brought back as a premium member feature.

how do i look at my log? I believe I posted a DNF

On your "My Account" page, click on the Geocaches link at the top of the page. Then, you can click on the link for "Didn't Find it." You should find the cache in that list.

For those who don't log their DNFs for some reason, this is another reason to log those DNFs. :(

Is there a way to search for an archived cache?

There was a cache I attempted a year or two ago that I DNF. I wanted to look at it again, just to read the logs.

TIA

Tom

If you posted a note or a DNF then you can find it that way. Otherwise, you'll need to ask a local that logged it for the GC number.

If you posted a note or a DNF then you can find it that way. Otherwise, you'll need to ask a local that logged it for the GC number.

Do you know of a cacher that found it? You can look through their find logs, and access the cache that way.

Good point if you know the approximate date they found it. If you don't then you could be looking through potentially many pages of cache finds in that users account trying to find it. It would be nice if you could see others finds in one complete list like you can with your own finds. Then all you would have to do is hit Crtl+F and type in the cache name to find it. Edited by TrailGators

Do you know of a cacher that found it? You can look through their find logs, and access the cache that way.

Good point if you know the approximate date they found it. If you don't then you could be looking through potentially many pages of cache finds in that users account trying to find it. It would be nice if you could see others finds in one complete list like you can with your own finds. Then all you would have to do is hit Crtl+F and type in the cache name to find it.

I found it :unsure: thanks, I did log a DNF but I was thinking like a keyword search as I remembered what it was called.