Group "Charter Members"

Na, the dog house is great. Of course, mtn-man thinks this is his house, but it is actually mine. I made him install a custom door so I could hang out in the air conditioning in the summer time and still go outside to chase squirrels. They don't know I can see through my puppy door. :(

As the very first Platinum Member, I have the honor of granting this membership level to other cachers. Few know the secret to gaining this level.

Charter Members are those who purchased Premium Memberships in the first year during which they were available (2002-2003).

Platinum Members are those who purchased Premium Members to find and log their caches for them.

Well, I can speak only for myself, and not for the other Platinum members (particularly for not for Ambrosia, who is admittedly a very radical and extreme Platinum member), but as a long-term Platinum member, I resent the implications of your statement. I do not "purchase" Premium members to find and log caches for me, and rather, they volunteer to find and log all those caches for me once they realize that by doing so they may get on the short list for eligibility to be elevated to Platinum member status.

Note: it is normally forbidden to mention Platinum membership on this forum, but in this case, in order to allow me to respond to the grievous allegations made by Leprechauns, I was granted one-time permission by Michael at Groundspeak HQ to mention Platinum membership in this post only.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
I made him install a custom door so I could hang out in the air conditioning in the summer time and still go outside to chase squirrels. They don't know I can see through my puppy door. :unsure:

That's funny. I'll have to make sure Moose doesn't read this, it might give him ideas.

Na, the dog house is great. Of course, mtn-man thinks this is his house, but it is actually mine. I made him install a custom door so I could hang out in the air conditioning in the summer time and still go outside to chase squirrels. They don't know I can see through my puppy door. :unsure:

As the very first Platinum Member, I have the honor of granting this membership level to other cachers. Few know the secret to gaining this level.

Is the secret password...

"Ho! Are you a geocacher?"

Being a platinum is a big joke, right?

Yes, yes, of course! we are only joking! There is no such thing as Platinum level membership, and everyone knows that! Really!

Really! Truly! I am telling you the truth! I swear, on my heart!

Let's just forget about silly chirping about Platinum memberships and go back to talking about other things.

Wasn't the weather nice today?

Na, the dog house is great. Of course, mtn-man thinks this is his house, but it is actually mine. I made him install a custom door so I could hang out in the air conditioning in the summer time and still go outside to chase squirrels. They don't know I can see through my puppy door. :blink:

Puppymonster...please send address for sending cookies...none of those Milkbones though, you'll have to settle for Innova cookies, large size of course :unsure:

As for the super secret membership...maybe Shiloh or Storm could qualify.

When you are a charter member you get the same features as a premium member but for free? Or is there other features that you get?

We are the same as Premium Members. The only difference is that we have bragging rights as to being the first to support GC.com. Also the only way to maintain a Charter Membership is to continually support the GC.com year after year.

As to Platinum Membership.....it's by invitation only. All the other stuff you hear is just nonsense to guide you away from the truth. There is a ritual you must go through in order to be considered. Even though I was kicked out of the Platinum Members club, I still won't reveal the secrect.

El Diablo

Edited by El Diablo

Is the secret password...

"Ho! Are you a geocacher?"

Prospective platinum members are advised that, although this pickup line worked very well for Mopar, for most others it will likely cause a slap to the face.

That explains a lot. Can I be platinum now?

you must complete 2 tasks then ye shall be platinum.

But one of the tasks requires answering the 3 questions.

"He who would cross the Bridge of Death

Must answer me

These questions three

Ere he a platinum member be."

Be sure you know your stuff... a wrong answer will get thee cast into the Gorge of Eternal Peril!

But one of the tasks requires answering the 3 questions.

"He who would cross the Bridge of Death

Must answer me

These questions three

Ere he a platinum member be."

Be sure you know your stuff... a wrong answer will get thee cast into the Gorge of Eternal Peril!

Ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper. I am not afraid.

Bridgekeeper: What...is your name?

TheAlabamaRambler.

Bridgekeeper: What...is your quest?

To seek the Holy Geocache.

Bridgekeeper: What...is your favorite color?

Blue.

Bridgekeeper: Right, off you go.

So now I can be a Platinum Member! :D