My Find PQ time delay?

geedunk

Does anybody know the update delay time between logging your caches and running the "my finds" PQ?

I logged 14 finds into the website, then went to PQ and ran a query I needed and also ran "my finds" to update my GSAK.

The "My File" data packet I was sent had my other days caches but did NOT have any of todays 14 finds.

Now I must WAIT 7 days to run it again to get todays finds.

I'm guessing there must be some delay - I'd like to know what it is so that next time I'll wait before running the "my finds" query.

Thanks!

P.S. took about 20 min to log all my caches and it was about 2-3 min between my last entry and my PQ run.

I had this happen once, and learned not to request the All Finds query right after I finished logging. I've found that if I wait for an hour after writing the last log, I've never missed any finds in those queries. But, to my knowledge there is no science to it. Sort of like you're not supposed to go swimming for an hour after eating. :(

I had this happen once, and learned not to request the All Finds query right after I finished logging. I've found that if I wait for an hour after writing the last log, I've never missed any finds in those queries. But, to my knowledge there is no science to it. Sort of like you're not supposed to go swimming for an hour after eating. :(

This matches my experience. I usually try to wait a couple of hours between entering my last log and triggering the My Finds pocket query. An hour might well be long enough, but after being burned once or twice by asking for it too quickly and then having to wait a whole week, I don't take any chances.

--Larry

I normally have a bookmark notify list for the caches I am searching for.

I have found that if I get the e-mail notifying me of my posting that My Finds PQ will have that find log.

Recently, it has been within a few minutes or less.

I don‘t know if it guaranteed that the notification means it will be in the PQ, but so far it has never failed me.