Easter cointest

Geo.Error

Easter Placemats

In the catalog of simple Easter crafts, Easter placemats is one such art and craft, that truly embellishes the house. All that you need to make these personalized placemats is cardboard, glue, contact paper, Easter cards and photos. Here are the steps as to how to make Easter placemats.

Steps Of Making:

Take Easter cards, photos or any of your favorite pictures and cut them into different funny shapes of your choice.

Take the cardboard and with the glue, paste those cut out pictures on it.

Once you are through with the pasting work, then laminate your collage using contact paper.

To give it a personal touch, write something on it and don't forget to sign off. Now your beautiful Easter placemats are ready.

Easter is a Christian Festival that celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. On the third day after Good Friday, the day of his crucifixion, now called Easter Sunday, He rose from the dead. Mourners went to His tomb to collect His body. However, He was not there and they were greeted by an angel who said

"He is Risen".

The cross is a symbol of His crucifixion and Resurrection.

Hot cross buns, a cake or biscuit eaten by many during this season,

are also, symbols of these events.

The lamb is another symbol associated with Jesus.

He is often referred to, in scriptures, as the,

'Lamb of God',

who sacrificed his life for all mankind's eternal life.

Eggs are a symbol of the new life that returns

to nature at Easter Time. The custom of exchanging eggs

began long before Easter was celebrated.

It was a custom of the Egyptians and the Persians.

They exchanged eggs decorated in Spring colors.

They believed Earth hatched from an egg

which contributed to this custom.

Early Christians used red colored eggs

to symbolize the Resurrection.

In England they began writing messages

and dates on their eggs and exchanging them

with friends and loved ones.

In the 1800's, candied eggs were made.

They were open on one end and a scene was put inside.

They were used as table centerpieces.

Easter Colors

Easter colors wheel is a real comprehensive one and encompasses innumerable colors. Most of the people are unaware about the Easter color philosophy. In fact, all the colors of Easter have their own unique significance. If one is indicative of brightness, the other represents the darkness of our sins. If all this sounds interesting, then read further to know about the significance of Easter colours.

1 - RED: this color is associated with the blood that Jesus Christ had shed for mankind. Thus the color red is a symbol of love and sacrifice for goodness of humanity.

2 - WHITE: this Easter color signifies purity and grace.

3 - GREEN: the color green brings ray of hope. Green is the color of grass.

4 - PURPLE: Easter color purple is indicative of royalty. It is said that the color purple brings wealth.

5 - YELLOW: it is the color that is related to the brightness of sun. It’s a color that brings joy and happiness.

6 - BLACK: it is the color that indicates the evil side. To put it other words, we can say black signifies darkness.

7 - ORANGE: it is the color that represents hope. It is associated with the dawn of day.

8 - PINK: Easter colour pink indicates fresh beginning.

Rabbits symbolized new life and rebirth

in ancient Egypt.

They considered it a symbol of the moon

as the moon determines the date of Easter.

The Easter Bunny's visit is based upon a German Legend.

The legend goes that a poor woman decorated eggs

for her children to find during a famine.

At the moment they found them,

they looked up to see a big bunny hopping away.

Of course, the real Easter Bunny

comes to visit many of you

and on Sunrise Island, it is the Sunnie BunnieZZ©

who prepare baskets for the critters of Lettuce Bee Woods

and it is Grampaw who delivers them.

I hear somethin' thumpin',

bumpin, pumpin', jumpin'!

Could it be the Easter Bunny

bringing goodies for my tummy?

Baskets filled with peeps and chicks

and jelly beans I likes to licks.

Chocolate rabbits taste the best

And Egg Hunts are the most fun-nest!

So, bring your Easter yumminess

upon big feet of bunnieness!

And have a thumpin', jumpin' Day

on this Hippity, Hoppin' Holiday!

Easter Island

Easter island history is a mystery in itself. The inhabitants of the Easter Island were called by the name of Rapa Nui and owing to this reason; this island is sometimes also addressed as Rapa Nui Easter Island. Most of the people are ignorant about Easter Island information.

Here are some Rapa Nui Easter Island facts:

This isolated Island of the world; Easter Island is approximately 65 square miles large.

This remote island of volcanic origin is located on the Pacific Ocean.

It was discovered by an explorer called Jacob Roggeveen in the year 1722, on the 5th of April and when he reached the location, he spotted about 200 giant statues along the coast. They were huge sized, about 82 tons in size. But apart from these statues, there were other such 700 giant statues that were located at a distant level.

People residing on this island had no means of transport for crossing the sea.

When the island was spotted, its explorer found it to be a completely barren island with no plants on it.

But amazingly when the Polynesians reached this isolated island in around 400 to 700 A.D, the scene had completely changed. It was no more a barren land and in fact, they found densely covered palm forests over there. Hauhau trees could also be spotted.

Seabirds found on the island included albatross and boobies.

For the Nonvegetarian diet, the ancient inhabitants of the island ate the porpoise meat.

When Is Easter 2008

Easter is the most important festival of Christians as it is observed to honor the Jesus' return to life. Easter is a festivity of colors and joy. It brings a message of hope along. It conveys the message that after the dark clouds, there is a ray of silver lining. Easter has a lot of significance especially for the Roman Catholics. They use the Julian calendar for the purpose of calculating the Easter day date. Read further to know when is Easter Sunday in 2008…

Easter always falls on the first Sunday after the full moon night of the spring season. Generally the Gregorian calendar is used for the purpose of computing the Easter date. In many countries, Easter Monday is granted as a legal holiday.

When Greek Orthodox Easter is Celebrated

Will you be able to celebrate Greek Orthodox Easter in Greece on your trip? Here are enough Greek Easter dates to keep the most avid advance planner happy, from 2008 to 2023.

Every few years, "Western" (Catholic and Protestant) Easter and Greek Orthodox Easter coincide; these years are indicated by (same) following the date.

Greek Easter Picture Gallery

2008 - Easter Sunday - April 27th

2009 - Easter Sunday - April 19th

2010 - Easter Sunday - April 4th (same)

2011 - Easter Sunday - April 24th (same)

2012 - Easter Sunday - April 15th

2013 - Easter Sunday - May 5th

2014 - Easter Sunday - April 20th (same)

2015 - Easter Sunday - April 12th

2016 - Easter Sunday - May 1st

2017 - Easter Sunday - April 16th (same)

2018 - Easter Sunday - April 8th

2019 - Easter Sunday - April 28th

2020 - Easter Sunday - April 19th

2021 - Easter Sunday - May 2nd

2022 - Easter Sunday - April 24th

2023 - Easter Sunday - April 16th

J.S. Fry and Sons developed the first solid chocolate bar and it went on sale in 1847. Cadbury Brothers produced their first bar of chocolate in 1849. Both bars would have been made from dark chocolate as milk chocolate was not available until after 1875 when Swiss chocolatier Daniel Peter developed the process for making the sweeter lighter version of chocolate.

Easter Gifts For Her

When the season heads its way for Easter festivity, the market gets flooded with woman Easter gift baskets. The choices are not just restricted to eatables, but the hampers have entered the parlance of beauty products, apparels and other fashion accessories too. There are so many Easter gifts for her as in for girls, that the average man is bound to get confused.

Here are some Easter gift ideas for women: -

A smart handbag is what makes a great fashion statement of the modern girl of today. So presenting a classy purse would be a fantastic idea. If the girl believes in maintaining that cool girl image, then present her a nice colorful shoulder bag.

Girls are usually fond of adorning their bedroom with lots of stuff toys. So this Easter, gift her a big cute looking bunny rabbit stuff toy.

Buying the fashionable girl, an impressive looking party dress, would serve as the perfect gift for Easter festivity.

For the beauty conscious girl, there can be no better idea than cosmetic makeup kit.

Gift her a bouquet of fresh white Lilies and Tulips.

Jewelry, being the girl's best friend, makes a fabulous gift for any festivity. This Easter, present her some exquisite bunny jewelry.

A pack of Easter books is just perfect for the readers.

Girls are usually fond of chocolates and candies. So chocolate candy basket would serve as the right choice for her.

Geocoins :unsure:

Sixty million chocolate Easter Bunnies are produced each year.Chocolate bunnies should be eaten ears first, according to 74% of American children. 13% said bunnies should be eaten feet first, while 10% favored eating the tail first.

Adults prefer milk chocolate (65%), to dark chocolate, (27%).

Easter Gifts For Him

In the contemporary times, it's not just the Easter gift items for women that are gaining momentum, but the man Easter gift basket is equally popular among the youngsters. In fact, the reservoir of Easter gifts for him is overflowing with multiple options, putting the common man into the state of dilemma. Well, when it is about buying Easter gifts for men, a vast array of products is hitting the market ranging from retro design lighters to beautiful ashtrays and hi tech mobile phone etc.

Here are some Easter gift ideas for men: -

Novelty cufflinks

Retro designs are in vogue among ashtrays and lighters.

Classy sunglasses

Lava Lamps

Watches make an excellent gift for guys. In fact most of the men are fond of maintaining a good collection of watches. But, while choosing the watch, take care whether the person, whom you are presenting the watch, is fond of wearing classic antique watch or does he wish to own the latest technology watch?

After shave products

Cologne perfumes and fragrances

DVD's and CDs

For guys who wish to maintain hip hop style kind of image, for them fashion accessories like leather wallet, scarf, set of designer handkerchiefs would be a fantastic idea.

Geocoins for wife to reclaim :blink::unsure::blink:

Here are the lyrics of the famous Easter poem called 'Easter Bunny by Mary Brandolino.

Easter Bunny

In memory of all the bunnies we couldn't save.

I remember Easter Sunday

It was colorful and fun

The new life that I'd begun

In my new cage.

I was just a little thing

When they brought me from the store

And they put me on the floor

In my cage.

They would take me out to play

Love and pet me all the time

Then at day's end I would climb

In my cage.

But as days and weeks went by

I saw less of them it seemed

Of their loving touch I dreamed

In my cage.

In the night outside their house

I felt sad and so neglected

Often scared and unprotected

In my cage.

In the dry or rainy weather

Sometimes hotter sometimes colder

I just sat there growing older

In my cage.

The cat and dog raced by me

Playing with each other only

While I sat there feeling lonely

In my cage.

Upon the fresh green grass

Children skipped and laughed all day

I could only watch them play

From my cage.

They used to take me out

And let me scamper in the sun

I no longer get to run

In my cage.

Once a cute and cuddly bunny

Like a little ball of cotton

Now I'm grown up and forgotten

In my cage.

I don't know what went wrong

At the home I did inhabit

I just grew to be a rabbit

In my cage.

But they've brought me to the pound

I was once loved and enjoyed

Now I wait to be destroyed

In my cage.

Three blondes died in a car crash trying to jump the Grand Canyon and are at the pearly gates of heaven. St Peter tells them that they can enter the gates only if they can answer one simple religious question. The question posed by St. Peter is "What is Easter"?

The first blonde replies, "Oh, that's easy! It's the holiday in November when everyone gets together, eats turkey and are thankful..." "Wrong!, you are not welcome here, I'm afraid. You must go to the other place!" replies St. Peter.

He turns to the second blonde, and asks her the same question: "What is Easter?" The second blonde replies, "Easter is the holiday in December when we put up a nice tree, exchange presents, and celebrate the birth of Jesus."

St Peter looks at the second blonde, bangs his head on the on the pearly gates in disgust and tells her she's wrong and will have to join her friend in the other place. She is not welcome in Heaven.

He then peers over his glasses at the third blonde and asks, "Do YOU know what Easter is"? The third blonde smiles confidently and looks St Peter in the eyes, "I know what Easter is." "Oh?" says St Peter, incredulously. "Easter is the Christian holiday that coincides with the Jewish celebration of Passover. Jesus and his disciples were eating at the last supper and Jesus was later deceived and turned over to the Romans by one of his disciples. The Romans took him to be crucified and he was stabbed in the side, made to wear a crown of thorns, and was hung on a cross with nails through his hands and feet. He was buried in a nearby cave which was sealed off by a large boulder." St Peter smiled broadly with delight. The third blonde continued... "Every year the boulder is moved aside so that Jesus can come out and, if he sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter." :unsure::blink::blink:

Easter comes but once a year

Easter comes but once a year

But when it does, we all know its here

Children filling themselves with chocolate

Dads down the pub for a pint of beer!

We go to the church for the wine and bread

Dad's half asleep, and jerking his head

Baby sister is here too, munching away

On the free Easter egg that the Priest gave us today

But remember we must, that the Lord died for us

And ascended into heaven to give us fresh lives

For each and every one of us

Easter Holiday

Easter holiday is a celebration of the resurrection of Christ!

Jesus Christ, The Son of God bled and died for us in a sacrifice.

This spring day's celebrated, generally in the month of April.

All of the bright and pretty colors, of the Easter outfits with frill.

Women and children will wear their Easter bonnets.

In the spring, you'll hear the various musical sonnets.

April will bring many rain showers.

That'll bring us various beautiful flowers.

One special flower for this day is the Easter lily.

Its color is white, and yet snowy & milky.

The birds will sing their songs of praise.

As we begin to feel the warmth of the sun's rays.

As we say "Goodbye" to the winter's gloom,

The flowers and trees have already begun to bloom.

All of life's beauty, The Lord created, for us all to share.

Spring breezes begin to flow, sending fragrances through the air.

The winter's thawing will let the rivers, lakes, and streams rise and flow.

The beauty of the Earth will make us all feel aglow!

Farmers and gardeners will start to hoe.

And then they'll begin to sow.

On Sundays, we'll hear the various church bells ring.

Let's be grateful for the LORD, let's rejoice and sing.

If it wasn't for the Lord, we wouldn't have anything!

Easter Reflections

With OUR EYES we see

The beauty of Easter

as the earth awakens once more...

With OUR EARS we hear

The birds sing sweetly

to tell us Spring again is here...

With OUR HANDS we pick

the golden daffodils

and the fragrant hyacinths...

But only with OUR HEARTS

can we feel the MIRACLE of GOD'S LOVE

which redeems all men...

And only with OUR SOUL

can we make our 'pilgrimage to God'

and inherit His Easter Gift of ETERNAL LIFE.

He Arose - by Barney E. Warren

“He is risen,” said the angel to the women,

When they came to see Him sleeping in the cave;

Jesus burst the mighty bars of death asunder,

And arose to reign triumphant from the grave.

Refrain:

He arose, my Savior,

He arose, my Savior,

He arose, my Savior,

Triumphant from the grave.

He is risen, surely death is now abolished:

Grave, where is thy victory? Death, where is thy sting?

Jesus flashes light into the darkened valley;

Swell the mighty chorus, men and angels sing.

He is risen; let the nations hear the music,

Let the gospel truth reach every distant plain;

Let the tidings roll that every guilty captive

May be fully free and help to praise His name.

He is risen, hence the fear of that grim monster

Is forever banished to the shades of night;

And the grave and death have lost their wretched terror

While we live on earth or take our upward flight.

Easter Traditions in Australia

Australia has a different style of celebrating the Easter festivity. There are certain things that are specific to Australia. To say for example, in major part of Northern hemisphere, Easter bunny has a special importance related to Easter festivity. In fact, it is considered to be one of the most important symbols of Easter. But in Australia, Easter bunny is said to have a bad history of destroying the vegetable crops and owing to this, the Aussie people have found another alternative Easter symbol, namely Bilby. Easter traditions in Australia are truly unique. Read further to know about Easter customs in Australia…

Here are some ideas about Easter celebration in Australia:

In Australia, Easter is celebrated in the autumn season unlike other Northern hemisphere countries, where Easter falls in the springtime.

Easter celebration in Australia encompasses of church prayers, Easter bilby and not to forget the colored Easter eggs.

The specialty of Easter in Australia lies in the hosting of a unique agricultural show in Sydney known as "the Royal Easter Show", where the nation's best produce is exhibited. It also consists of displays of farm animals. Other highlights include firework, hosting of parades, joy rides, delicious food and other fun activities for kids.

Easter is a time for family gatherings. Men and women get together and have a gala time.

In Australia, instead of the rabbit, Bilby is considered to be one of the major symbols associated with Easter festivity. The reason of bunny rabbit being replaced by Bilby is that, the bunny rabbit is reported to have destroyed the agricultural crops.

In the reservoir of games, the hot favorite game is Egg Knocking.

Among Aussies, Easter celebration commences on Good Friday and ends up on Easter Monday.

Easter Traditions in Germany

It is interesting to explore facts about Easter customs in Germany. Here are ideas about Easter celebration in Germany: -

In Germany, Easter commences on the Good Friday with the draping of cross. It is on this day, people eat fish as a part of Easter feast.

In the menu of special Easter lunch on the Easter Sunday, colored Easter eggs and lamb shaped cake acquire prominent positions. In the sweets, people relish the cookies and chocolate candies.

As a part of Easter traditions in Germany, egg hunt game is very popular among the Germans. Another game that is enjoyed by kids is Chocolate kiss.

To give a warm welcome to the spring season, there is a tradition of burning the old Christmas trees in a specially chosen venue.

Green colored Easter eggs are used on the Maundy Holy Thursday.

In the Oberammergau town of Germany, passion play is held which is based on the life of Jesus Christ. It's a play in which about 1200 villagers participate and the play is a real long one, extending up to six hours.

Before the start of Lent season, a special carnival called Fasching is held. Its major attractions include a parade in which people showoff their masks.

Kids light huge bonfires on the Easter eve.

German people prepare a special recipe called Cruller, which is a kind of thick doughnut.

Three blondes died in a car crash trying to jump the Grand Canyon and are at the pearly gates of heaven. St Peter tells them that they can enter the gates only if they can answer one simple religious question. The question posed by St. Peter is "What is Easter"?

The first blonde replies, "Oh, that's easy! It's the holiday in November when everyone gets together, eats turkey and are thankful..." "Wrong!, you are not welcome here, I'm afraid. You must go to the other place!" replies St. Peter.

He turns to the second blonde, and asks her the same question: "What is Easter?" The second blonde replies, "Easter is the holiday in December when we put up a nice tree, exchange presents, and celebrate the birth of Jesus."

St Peter looks at the second blonde, bangs his head on the on the pearly gates in disgust and tells her she's wrong and will have to join her friend in the other place. She is not welcome in Heaven.

He then peers over his glasses at the third blonde and asks, "Do YOU know what Easter is"? The third blonde smiles confidently and looks St Peter in the eyes, "I know what Easter is." "Oh?" says St Peter, incredulously. "Easter is the Christian holiday that coincides with the Jewish celebration of Passover. Jesus and his disciples were eating at the last supper and Jesus was later deceived and turned over to the Romans by one of his disciples. The Romans took him to be crucified and he was stabbed in the side, made to wear a crown of thorns, and was hung on a cross with nails through his hands and feet. He was buried in a nearby cave which was sealed off by a large boulder." St Peter smiled broadly with delight. The third blonde continued... "Every year the boulder is moved aside so that Jesus can come out and, if he sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter." :D:blink:;)

now your just being silly and double posting :unsure::blink::D

Easter Traditions in England

Easter Sunday is not just a holiday but also a special day that is celebrated to honor the Jesus' return to life. It's a day to celebrate the victory of life over death and light over darkness. Well, to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, every nation hosts some special kind of celebration that is specific to their region. Easter celebration in Britain is truly different. Read further to know about Easter traditions in England…

Here are some ideas about Easter customs and traditions in UK: -

As a part of Easter tradition, there is a trend among British people to eat yummy hams, in order to commemorate the Easter Sunday.

In England, special springtime dance troupes are called upon, to give exclusive Morris dance performances. This trend of holding dances is not new; rather it is a century old tradition.

In a small town of England called Olney, the tradition is of conducting pancake race on every Shrove Tuesday. It is an event that is celebrated on a large scale and people have a real gala time enjoying this unique day also addressed as Pancake Tuesday.

Churches are beautifully decorated with different color flowers. White lilies are placed on the altar and these gorgeous flowers are also displayed on the graveyard.

For offering prayers in the church, men and women dress up in their special outfits and as a part of their wardrobe, colorful Easter bonnets embellished with flowers is like a must.

Special Easter parades are held in Britain and the parade conducted at Battersea Park in London is a very popular one.

Easter Traditions in USA

Easter is a major religious festival of Christians that is celebrated in a grand manner with a big party time celebration. Every nation has its own way of celebrating a particular festivity. Every country has some peculiar traditions and customs. For example it is the tradition of America to conduct special Easter parades, where men and women flaunt their special costumes and colorful bonnets. The person who leads the parade can be spotted holding Easter candle or cross in his/her hand. It is interesting to explore facts about Easter traditions in USA. Read further to know about Easter celebration in America…

Here are some ideas about Easter customs and traditions in US: -

In the New Orleans, it is a trend of conducting an annual Easter carnival called 'Mardi Gras', which features lot of fun activities like parade, jazz music bands and a bumper party.

A must play Easter game for American kids is Easter egg roll.

A special dish for Easter springtime in USA is baked ham, potatoes and vegetables. Another most demanding recipe is hot cross buns.

It was in the early 1700's, when for the first time, eggs were dyed and the credit for starting this practice in America can be attributed to Pennsylvania Dutch (German) settlers.

As a part of Easter traditions in the US, sunrise services are held and the prime motive is to include various Christian religious groups in this event.

Painting the Easter eggs and then conducting Easter egg hunt games for the kids is what most American parents do on the Easter week.

I made these for my daughter one year (36) to give out to her classmate for Easter they are so simple to make for all you crochers out there

:unsure: You can use any color you want...

Easter Bunny Fridge magnets

fbunhead.jpg

Materials:

Sm amt worsted weight yarn, (Cream, Ecru or White)

Sm amt worsted weight yarn, (Pink)

Sm amt worsted weight yarn, (Dark Color)

Crochet hook, size F

Finishing Materials:

2 (5/8") Plastic eyes

1 Colored pompom

14" (1/2" W) ribbon

Glue

Magnet

Tapestry needle

Finished Size: 5" T

Gauge: Not important to overall size

Skill Level: Beginner - Medium

Special Stitches:

Sc Dec: (insert hook in next st, pull up a lp) as many times as stated, yo, draw through last lps on hook to complete the dec.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head: (Using white, ecru or cream)

Rnd 1) Ch 4; 15 dc in 4th ch from hook (first 3 chs skipped count as first dc); join with a sl st to 4th ch of beg ch 4: 16 dc.

Rnd 2) Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in joining; * (2 dc) in next dc; rep from * around; join with a sl st to first dc: 32 dc. Fasten off, secure ends.

Ears: (Using pink)

Row 1) Join yarn to any dc on bunny head with a sl st; ch 1, sc in joining, sc in next 2 dc: 3 sc.

Row 2) Ch 1, turn work; (2 sc) in first st, sc in next sc, (2 sc) in last sc: 5 sc.

Row 3) Ch 1, turn work; sc in first sc, sc in next 4 sc: 5 sc.

Row 4) Ch 1, turn work; sk first sc, sc in next 2 sc, sc dec over last 2 sc see special sts: 3 sc.

Row 5) Ch 1, turn work; sk first sc, sc in next 2 sc: 2 sc.

Row 6) Ch 1, turn work; sc dec over last 2 sc: 1 sc. Fasten off, secure ends.

Opposite Ear: (Using pink)

Row 1) Sk next 2 dc on bunny head from last ear and join yarn to next dc with a sl st; ch 1, sc in joining, sc in next 2 dc: 3 sc.

Rows 2-6) Rep rows 2-6 for first ear.

Edging: (Using white, cream or ecru)

Rnd 1) Join yarn to last unworked dc on bunny head before ear with a sl st; ch 1, sc in joining, evenly sc around bunny ear, placing 3 sc in tip of ear, sc in next 2 dc (bet ears), sc evenly around next ear, placing 3 sc in tip of next ear, sc in each dc around head.; join with a sl st in first sc. Fasten off, secure ends.

Finishing: