Easter Weekend caching

Carbon Hunter

Easter Weekend - what's that? :D

Some of us have to work for a living! :D

Today is Prophet Muhamed's Birthday here but we still had to work. :( And tomorrow is Mother's Day!! :( What a wonderful world we live in, isn't it? But I'm not worried because during Ramadan I only work 4 hours a day for a whole month and then that is followed up by a week off for Eid ul-Fitr and another week off for Eid ul-Adha 70 days later. :o So who's complaining!

My plans for the 1st Eid is some caching in Spain and for the 2nd Eid in Turkey!

Happy Easter and enjoy your long weekend of caching. I'm a little envious! :(

cincol

Edited by cincol

As Ravenmeistre mentioned, I left PE at 3:30 on Thursday. By the time I had breakfast in Grahamstown, I already found 6 caches. Moved on to Hoggsback and in pouring rain upped the count to 11 for the day.

Found another 3 on Friday, 2 on Saturday and 2 yesterday. A great weekend of caching, although I would have liked to have found even more.

I went to caches I had already visited. At least I could watch other cachers look for them while I sat back and enjoyed their search.... I wish I could have done some new finds though. I believe they left one in my area though..... Whooooooo a new cache to find.

The Huskies, Amyson, Goofster and ourselves went to the Richtersveld. Two thousand kilometers for 3 caches!! :anibad:

WOW!!

Hope it was a good trip. Brilliant.

After all that - I tried my hand at an electrical job - and my three hours budgeted - turned into a marathon 3 days to put in some lights!!!! :)

Now I know why I'm not employed as an electrician :)

So as a consequnce - not a single cache!

Left Alberton in the early hours of Monday morning, collected Nish4 and Globalrat and was just it time going through Midrand (enroute to the Cullinan caches) to see a beautiful sunrise.

Had a great day with the gang. At one stage collected a discarded speed sign showing 40 and though this must be some sign (other than for speed :anibad: ) for the day.

Well, if we can now just get GR or Nish4 to publish a photo here, you'll see that we eventually at around 18:15 got to cache 40 for the day.

Must say here. Congrats to eragonSaphira and the team for placing the Cullinan caches. Must rate as some of the best placed, best named and nicest variety of caches I have come across in a long time. Keep it up!!!

Left Alberton in the early hours of Monday morning, collected Nish4 and Globalrat and was just it time going through Midrand (enroute to the Cullinan caches) to see a beautiful sunrise.

Had a great day with the gang. At one stage collected a discarded speed sign showing 40 and though this must be some sign (other than for speed :) ) for the day.

Well, if we can now just get GR or Nish4 to publish a photo here, you'll see that we eventually at around 18:15 got to cache 40 for the day.

Must say here. Congrats to eragonSaphira and the team for placing the Cullinan caches. Must rate as some of the best placed, best named and nicest variety of caches I have come across in a long time. Keep it up!!!

Must re-iterate Warthogs comments about the caches placed for the NOLY event. A great bunch of caches in a lovely area, well done. So many possibilities aroung as well, interesting history, and interesting detours.

If we hadn't had a leisurely lunch and a few beers, perhaps Stinky's buddy would have been on the cards. It shall be kept for another day, and perhaps I'll turn it into a real stinker for Redglobe :anibad:

Will post the start and finish photo's this evening.

If we hadn't had a leisurely lunch and a few beers, perhaps Stinky's buddy would have been on the cards. It shall be kept for another day, and perhaps I'll turn it into a real stinker for Redglobe :anibad:

Mmmm GlobalRat the “stinker” can only be logged in the cache if:

1. You must succeed in taking the “stinker” all the way up to the summit.

2. You must find a Nano cache on top of a mountain.

3. A DNF on stinky’s buddy will mean you have to take the “stinker” back down.

4. This will be the first time a nano cache have a “stinker” in the inventory.

RedGlobe awaits the challenge from GR and Fish Eagle

Edited by RedGlobe