2007 Red Jeep Contest Winner

Discovery Scout

95ad00c2-37d4-4335-810b-b7dc9c4075d4.jpg

I am very excited to say that my photo was chosen as the winning photo in the Red Jeep TB contest. I found out 5 days ago but my family advised me not to say anything until the geocaching site confirmed my win. They posted the photo today! I can't thank everyone enough for their comments on my photo and of course for their votes. Thank you to Groundspeak, geocaching.com, Jeep, etc for this cool contest. I have never really won anything of value before this contest. Of course, at this point I don't have any details on the actual grand prize and when I may be getting it.

My wife and I feel very fortunate for this chance. The vehicle I have been driving is literally falling apart and we can't afford to get a new one. My first baby (daughter) was born on 2/8/08 and we both decided not to allow her in my current vehicle for safety reasons. So this will be great timing! It will be awesome to have a reliable vehicle! I learned to drive in a Red Jeep Wrangler and have always loved Jeeps.

Congratulations to all the winners and runner ups! There were a ton of cool photos this contest!

DadandK2.jpg

A BIG thanks again from my wife, baby, and myself!

Eric

6434c1ea-a4a0-40e4-999b-c4650cc594e1.jpg

I got my 2008 Jeep Liberty from the 2007 Jeep TB contest on July 1st! It felt fitting getting it on that day because I think that was the date or around the date of the contest beginning last year. The first thing you will see in the photos is the Jeep isn't Red. I was given a choice in color and options on the Jeep. I really considered getting the Red Rock Crystal Pearl, but my last car was my dad's old red car and red has never been my favorite color. I figured since I am paying a little over 10,000 in taxes and options I could get my favorite color.

cd268392-097d-4881-a6a3-b78674a79bc9.jpg

I want to thank everyone again for the votes, comments, and kindness! Thanks also to Jeep and Geocaching! This was so awesome and couldn't have come at a better time for my family.

ae950438-a689-4147-a1cb-963be8e86411.jpg

I haven't heard if they are considering doing the Jeep TB contest again, but it was a great contest.

Thanks!

Eric, Anne, and Kailey

ae16a309-76f8-439c-a468-671e5b8f5c0d.jpg

Congrats on the win and the delivery of your prize! I'm jealous though, because that's the color I would have chosen had I beat you. :huh: We should feel fortunate for what we did win, as 2007 may have been the final year for the *JTB contest. Eartha notified another thread about the 2008 contest that the new owners of Jeep have opted to not do it this year.

Thanks again!

And Brian, I saw the post by Eartha, very disappointing. If not only for the contest, but finding the Jeep was cool too. I hope they eventually do something like that again, even if you don't win a big prize. I too feel especially fortunate to have won what may have been the last Jeep contest. Thanks!