10 things

va griz

1) you can't get all the caches on a route on one trip. Stick to the plan and besides, you don't have the printouts for those not on the plan anyway and you won't find them!

2) If retrieving and placing TBs and coins all in one day, take good notes, and triple check the numbers!

3) If you are looking for a cache that you can't find, and there is an area with fresh dirt that appears as if someone dug up a tree or bush :rolleyes: - no one dug up or removed the cache location you are looking in the wrong place. :rolleyes:

4) Trust your senses, not the gps for the final find.

5) If you think it's junk, it is, and don't leave it in the cache. Trade UP!

6) Dogs are a great geocaching cover.

7) When caching alone, without dog, don't persue a cache in secluded areas if something doesn't seem right.

8) If you go for that cache on the way to dinner, you will be late. :sunsure:

1) As has been mentioned before, mark where you parked the car, for goodness sake mark where you parked the car!

2) Ziplock bags don't stay waterproof after a few people have opened them, attempted to close them and stuffed them back into the cache container. Plastic bags inside caches or around the outside of caches will actually retain any moisture that gets in. If your cache container REALLY IS waterproof you won't need plastic bags to protect it or its contents. A decent lock & Lock box costs very little, and is much better than a free container that is ALMOST waterproof.

3) If you are planning on using British footpaths in summer, wear long trousers, but still carry cream for insect bites and nettle stings.

4) Sticking with the theme of British footpaths, there will always be a patch of wet ground that you cannot avoid going through, even in the middle of a spell of dry weather.

5) Carry something to sign the logbook with!

6) Carry a cheap notebook and a pencil sharpener to replace full/wet logbooks (one page will replace a micro logsheet) and sharpen the pencil in the cache. Cache owners appreciate maintenance as it saves them a trip just to replace a logbook, cachers without pencils will appreciate the one in the cache being sharp! My local Superstore sells notebooks for 18p and sharpeners for 36p, everyone should carry them!

6) Carry a cheap notebook and a pencil sharpener to replace full/wet logbooks (one page will replace a micro logsheet) and sharpen the pencil in the cache. Cache owners appreciate maintenance as it saves them a trip just to replace a logbook, cachers without pencils will appreciate the one in the cache being sharp! My local Superstore sells notebooks for 18p and sharpeners for 36p, everyone should carry them!

Thanks for inadvertently answering a question for me. I wasn't sure if cache owners appreciated unauthorized maintenance. I'll be sure to do this is the future :unsure:

Thanks for inadvertently answering a question for me. I wasn't sure if cache owners appreciated unauthorized maintenance. I'll be sure to do this is the future :laughing:

No problem :unsure: Replacing a logbook and drying the inside of a wet cache is always appreciated by cache owners.

The easy path up the hill is only visible from the top.

The more blood I shed, the more fun I've had.

Your wife or girlfriend will always find the easy path to the cache; and they will laugh at you (hopefully not at the same time, but I don't have that problem.)

Of the three caches we have found, two of them, I (a woman) knew basically where they were, long before we had figured out what the GPS was telling us. The bf and the son, however, had to take the long way, though I did try to tell them where we should be looking....

So now we believe in women's intuition. Today my intuition as to its general area was wrong, but I am the one who found it, though I was not the one with the GPS. So I feel all psychic now. :lol: