Problem with a cache, and the people looking for it.

I joined this sight several years ago and hunted down a couple of caches. The caches I found had so much traffic that you did not need a GPS to find them. Just follow the well beaten path. Not a lot of fun in that.

Now move a head several years. Sunday morning I’m turning in to the main entrance to my subdivision and see some guy standing in the flowerbed, pulling bricks out of the brickwork for the entry way. I stopped and asked the guy what he is doing. Acting like a 5 year old caught with his hand in a cookie jar, he mumbles something about a new cache being around here. I ask him if he means a Geo Cache? He appears to be relieved that I know what he is doing and answers, yes. I fire back with a “Did you really expect to find the cache hidden in a brick wall?” He went back in to 5 year old mode again and replied “I don’t know”. At this point I just suggest that he put the bricks back, get out of the flowerbed and go look for a cache someplace else. He gets in his car and leaves.

Later in the day I saw a couple more people in the same area, they were looking as well. At lease they were not taking the brick work apart so I did not stop.

Ok just like any other group I’m sure most of you are good people that respect the laws and other peoples property. Just remember when looking for a cache don’t trash the place looking for it.

I will be keeping an eye on the area.

You might want to look up the cache page and post a note about the potential for damage to the wall and flower beds.

It's been a while . . . ever try to figure out a password from 4 years ago.

I found the cache site and left a shorter ver of the post in the finder/feedback log thing.

I also see this is some sort of Micro cache :lol: Great. when I did this years ago, they were large ammo can's. I can see the place getting trashed while people look for something the size of a pencil.

Really trying to stay open minded about this.

Interesting timing, don't y'all think, that this new account pops up to complain about what's being discussed in another thread.

Just sayin'.

:lol:

New account . . . .ok you blind moron, why don't you take a look at the join date under my user name. ya I just popped up . . . . . 4 years ago.

Now I'm trying to be nice here and respect your game here. But smartass comments like that . . . .

New account . . . .ok you blind moron, why don't you take a look at the join date under my user name. ya I just popped up . . . . . 4 years ago.

Now I'm trying to be nice here and respect your game here. But smartass comments like that . . . .

Hahahaha! Gotta love the contrast.. I'm thinking we might not hear a reply for a few days though :lol:

Edited by ReadyOrNot

Interesting timing, don't y'all think, that this new account pops up to complain about what's being discussed in another thread.

Just sayin'.

:)

Not blind, just suspicious!

Saw the join date, saw the profile, saw 5 posts and 2 caches found... that adds up to new account no matter how long ago you joined. :lol:

I was kind of thinking that you were a sock puppet, also.

Look at it from our point of view. You pop in out of nowhere to complain about the angsty topic du jour. You claim to not be able to post a note on the cache page because you don't remember your old password, yet you've already signed in using it to create this thread.

It kinda makes one wonder.

...Just remember when looking for a cache don’t trash the place looking for it....

Thank you. That's exactly why I don't like caches in keystone type retaining walls or flower beds or other areas where people will do exactly that.

I decided some time back that I won't hunt for caches that call for me to take apart any piece of public property. Too many of those out there.

...Just remember when looking for a cache don’t trash the place looking for it....

Thank you. That's exactly why I don't like caches in keystone type retaining walls or flower beds or other areas where people will do exactly that.

I decided some time back that I won't hunt for caches that call for me to take apart any piece of public property. Too many of those out there.

I try to make my finds by doing a visual search. If that fails, I might resort to frisking something. On the rare occasions that disassembly is necessary, I prefer to obtain thrid-party confirmation prior to making the attempt.

Now I'm trying to be nice here and respect your game here.

Sorry, but your comments are far from nice. Please read the forum guidelines.

No I was very nice, right up to the point some guy started attacking my post, and my reason for posting here. If there are other threads about other problems, them maybe your should pull you head out of the sand and look around.

I guess it would be easier to just report the people to the people to the local police, (and in this area they respond very quick) and trash the cache my self.

Problem solved

But as I stated just like other groups I'm sure most people here are respectful, and I should not let the one spoil it for every one else.

No I was very nice, right up to the point some guy started attacking my post, and my reason for posting here. If there are other threads about other problems, them maybe your should pull you head out of the sand and look around.

It's mtn-man's job (as is mine) to try to keep things running smoothly here. The reminder was specific to your post, but also a reminder to all that the forums are to be kept peaceful. Another reminder is that about respect:

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

But as I stated just like other groups I'm sure most people here are respectful, and I should not let the one spoil it for every one else.

Exactly right. Everyone is capable of discussing these issues in a rational manner, and we all benefit from the discussion when they remain that way.

Now if we can all get back to the topic, the thread can remain open.

Thank you.