Activate F.T.F. coin?

Deep Search

If it's intended as a FTF prize then it should be unactivated so they can keep their prize if they want to. If it's activated then it's not really a prize because activated coins in caches are meant to travel not keep. They may choose to activate it and release it or the finder may want to treasure it and hang onto it. By leaving it unactivated you give them that option.

Dumb question maybe... :o

The only dumb question is the one that's not asked.......

I agree with the responses above. If its meant as a prize then leave it unactivated so they can decide what to do with it. The first one I received I activated it and it is now used to track my mileage. I have found a couple more and they are treasured and labeled in my binder as a FTF prize but I have not activated those.

Is the principle the same for specific FTF tokens or coins. I'm just about to place my first cache and have a FTF in the box. I thought they were an intensive/thank-you, and didn't think that these token were meant to travel? :unsure:

If the coin has a tracking number then it could travel if activated but it doesn't have to. I have left coins as a "gift" or "reward" for the FTFer and leave them unactivated so that they can do whatever they want with them.