New coin coming soon to Geoswag!

mousekakat

I'm proud to present the first coin in a series, the Lighthouse Suncatcher coin.

I fell in love with the suncatcher coins, love geocoins, and I love lighthouses and the ocean, so this was a natural step for me.

I don't have any information on costs as of yet, but as soon as I have more information I'll happily pass it on!

Here are the photos of the samples, as soon as I have better pics I'll post them!

2315670325_f2f78038a0_o.jpg

2315984131_55e0bb8b45_o.jpg

This coin will be offered in the metal and color combinations above, with both having their own unique icon and they will be available in approximately 4 weeks. There will be AE coins available, they will share the icon with the shiny gold version, and the majority will be sold with a very few available for very special trades!

Many thanks to Emma and Christian at OakCoins for making this coin a reality for me! I couldn't have done it without you guys! It's been great working with you!

I truly hope you all like it!

Naomi :o

WOW Naomi!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

A see through coin???? Cool!!!!

I love light houses! I know that I sound crazy, but from child I wanted to live in a lighthouse!! All of them are build in beautiful places, all have great view, almost all have beautiful houses for the keepers....

Of course, I do not think this is possible here in Greece!

I am qurious in something! I have never seen samples before! What is the difference between them and real coins? I can even see that they had their code on them and you encrypted it! So what is the difference?

Samples are great too! Of course, where you can find them....

anyway....Great job Naomi!!!! amazing coin that can give a light in our life!

I'm curious to know how they actually make this coins... They look like they are made in 3 parts - the outer ring, the inner ring and the disc with the detail in it. In particular how do they do the disc's? Anyone?

Without making a coin announcement... I'll say that we had an engineer design the levels/layers of one that we're doing. They're really intricate and it takes a skilled designer as well as a skilled craftsman to pull it off well. Luckily Chris is an engineer as well as an artist :o but we still went back and forth with a few revisions to get it right.

Naomi - keep us in mind please if you're doing trades - we'd love to have one!

Wow, a see-through coin! Is the see-through material some type of plastic?

No... its translucent hard enamels - just like our 10th Anniversary coin, and the GW5 Sunburst. Theres been a few to use this method for a bit - its a great effect. And, the coins are usually assembled from 2-3 pieces depending on how they are put together, and where the center ring lies. (Centered, or off to one side)

Thank you, everyone!

The AE will be in .... well... I'll let ya know. The coin is ordered and should arrive to OakCoins in 3 weeks and on the sale page in about 4 weeks...

And, I'm sorry that I posted this so early. I'm still relatively new to this and still learning and I didn't really realize that it was too early to release info since I had seen others doing it, as well.

Next time I'll control my enthusiasm a bit better :lol:

Naomi :)

Thank you, everyone!

The AE will be in .... well... I'll let ya know. The coin is ordered and should arrive to OakCoins in 3 weeks and on the sale page in about 4 weeks...

And, I'm sorry that I posted this so early. I'm still relatively new to this and still learning and I didn't really realize that it was too early to release info since I had seen others doing it, as well.

Next time I'll control my enthusiasm a bit better :)

Naomi :)

Don't sweat it kiddo, gives us something to lust after for awhile!!

This coin reminds me of my second cruise! On the first, I booked with a pr of friends, we booked a big room with a window (because there were 3 of us and because we didn't know if we'd ever get to cruise again and I wanted to have views). The first person dropped out shortly after paying the deposit (got into a bit of trouble if I remember correctly), the second dropped just 3 days before the cruise...after paying for the whole trip! There I was, on a cruise all alone in my big room...and loving it!

I had soooo much fun, I booked a cruise to Hawaii (well, from Hawaii to Vancouver actually)! The 13 day repositioning cruise took us all around the islands, it was AWESOME! Since my B'day was smack in the middle of the cruise, I did a helicopter tour, went deep sea fishing and splurged on the whole trip (but only booked a room with two portholes). After cruising the islands, it was time to cross the ocean to Vancouver...day one was OK, just a bit choppy. Day two was....rough!! Some of the seniors and people who had trouble walking stayed in their rooms. Day three, I sat in my room and watched the water crash over my portholes (looked like a washing machine), and I was at least 30' off the water level!! My toilet had WHITE CAPS in it!!

I had no problems getting around and the waves didn't even bother me, but the crew was passing out patches left and right, the waiters were dropping the trays full of food and most seats were open at lunch and dinner! The funniest thing I saw...the drunks walking straight-line down the halls while us sober people bounced off the walls!! It was really more an adventure than scary to me, some were terrified and never left their rooms for 4 days! I'd do it all again, but I'd have TWO lobsters at supper!! lol I figured out after the second cruise that you can order ANYTHING you want including two entrees if they both look good....life was WONDERFUL then, but ohhhh my girlish figure.... :):):lol:

This coin looks so realistic that I feel like I can just sit in the window well and stare out!! I only wish I knew about caching back then!! :)

Great...just great...here I am trying to cut back on my coin buying and you come out with a coin like this! How am I supposed to reduce my coin buying!!!?? My wife is such a nautical-minded, lighthouse-loving fan that I'll have to get in on these.

Really beautiful. Love the entire look.

Well, that is just one gorgeous coin!! I must have..... and will have to buy a present for a special someone as well. We go on lighthouse challenges out here each year and it's so much fun hunting the lighthouses. This year we will definitely get to the NJ challenge and may get in the NY and MD ones as well!!!

Nice Job Naomi..... and if possible I would LOVE to trade for the AE version...... soooo pretty.......

NO, your not to early Mousekakat :)

Let us dream about this coin. B)

It is always nice to see something beautiful forward. B)

You see, Geo-Error has the same wisdom as you , Naomi B)

I love lighthouses, also. In fact, I pay extra for my license plate each year cuz it supports them. ( 2 years ago, the state was offering - for extra money - for people to purchase special plates. IE: Mariners, lighthouses, whales, wildlife . . . etc. )

So, Of course I want on your "want" list B) .

Fairyhoney

You know when we see this coin it brings back alot of memories, we were geocaching before we knew we were geocaching because we bought a book with all of the Upper Michigan Waterfalls, and we would visit waterfalls and some of them, then we used to visit lighthouse as a friend of ours liked lighthouses so we liked photographing lighthouses for her, then we found out about geocaching and thanks to the sport it is broughten us back to alot of the waterfalls and lighthouses. When we would get to our destination place to look for the cache we would say, "we been here before" Love the coin Naomi. Very Nice sign and would love to get a couple, Hope to work out a trade with you for one.

sweetlife

Wow Naomi! This is a beautiful coin! I found my first suncatcher in a cache a few weeks ago and marveled at how it was made. This looks even better. I love lighthouses -- I live less than half an hour from Peggy's Cove Light, the most photographed lighthouse in the world.

And thanks for posting early :D Now I can definitely budget for this one!

I got the samples and just need to come up with better pics of them, but as soon as I do, you can bet your blue/pink baby booties that I'll post them here.

We are just super pleased with how the samples came out, they are just stunning...even if I do say so myself, lol!

I'm so glad you all like them! It means a lot and your positive words are just wonderful! Thank you!

Naomi :D :D

You know when we see this coin it brings back alot of memories, we were geocaching before we knew we were geocaching because we bought a book with all of the Upper Michigan Waterfalls, and we would visit waterfalls and some of them, then we used to visit lighthouse as a friend of ours liked lighthouses so we liked photographing lighthouses for her, then we found out about geocaching and thanks to the sport it is broughten us back to alot of the waterfalls and lighthouses. When we would get to our destination place to look for the cache we would say, "we been here before" Love the coin Naomi. Very Nice sign and would love to get a couple, Hope to work out a trade with you for one.

sweetlife

We've loved visiting the waterfalls and lighthouses ourselves, Painted Rocks too! The U.P. is great!

Hmmm... Lesson learned... it is NOT easy to take decent coin pics!!

Here are a couple of pics taken with light shining through the coins so you can see the effect of the suncatcher :D

2346569216_d06a79d2b7_o.jpg

This one is the antique silver with the lavendar and blue dark sky and mountain in the background :D

2346569020_7c7c088f43_o.jpg

and this is the shiny gold with the pink and yellow sunset sky.

2345739921_9b34c3b4d5_o.jpg

And this is the front of the antique silver front,

2345740103_8cdce3385a_o.jpg

And the shiny gold front... and man, shiny gold is HARD to get a pic of without any kind of reflection, dangit!

Not sure how much better these are than the sample pics, but I can try again tomorrow if you guys think I need to :D

Naomi :D

The pics are great. If you make them any better, people won't be able to order any coins because they will have ruined their keyboards by drooling all over them :D . We just knew this one was going to be beautiful and are looking forward to seeing ours in person.

Well done Naomi.

The pics are great. If you make them any better, people won't be able to order any coins because they will have ruined their keyboards by drooling all over them :D . We just knew this one was going to be beautiful and are looking forward to seeing ours in person.

Well done Naomi.

Oh, SO TRUE :D

Hmmm... Lesson learned... it is NOT easy to take decent coin pics!!

Here are a couple of pics taken with light shining through the coins so you can see the effect of the suncatcher :D

2346569216_d06a79d2b7_o.jpg

This one is the antique silver with the lavendar and blue dark sky and mountain in the background :D

2346569020_7c7c088f43_o.jpg

and this is the shiny gold with the pink and yellow sunset sky.

2345739921_9b34c3b4d5_o.jpg

And this is the front of the antique silver front,

2345740103_8cdce3385a_o.jpg

And the shiny gold front... and man, shiny gold is HARD to get a pic of without any kind of reflection, dangit!

Not sure how much better these are than the sample pics, but I can try again tomorrow if you guys think I need to :D

Naomi :D

Yeah, you're going to have to re-take these Naomi....lol! Just kidding, GREAT pics!

The coins are almost finished at the mint, but then I had some exciting news that OakCoins was going to do a pin with them, too, and the pin is a little delayed! Look for these around mid-April!

I'm so excited!

Naomi ;)

In a way the delay is good news for me. With so many awesome coins going up for sale at the moment, I'm on my way to the poor house this month!

And I really really want a few of these beauties. I'll look forward to the sale. ;)