South Wales annual event

The third annual South Wales event kicks off during May day bank holiday. Like last year it will be a super event - with the added addition of the event being right on the coast this year. Take a peek here to see what it is all about - and don't forget to bookmark the page to get uptodate information about added fun as it is entered. This year it is also hoped that a display by the mountain rescue will be taking place - kiddies events are being organised - a great raffle - and plenty of other entertainment. An informal BBQ is in the offing - not to mention to have fun taking part in the muddiest assault course in the country where - you guessed it - some caches will be hid. Sound like fun to you. Register your interest and get booked now so not to be dissapointed. Plenty of camping space available for those that like to camp - plenty of hotels and B&b within a reasonable distance - and holiday cottages on the site. Right next to the stunning gower coastal park this is an ideal place for a nice holiday so anyone coming from afar a three day stay would be ideal.....

Edited by derrylynne

We can hardly move through our hallway for camping equipment. Can't wait now to finish work and get it packed up ready for the off this afternoon. :D

Looking at the weather forecast I don't think it's going to be as bad as they originally said and I have noticed in the past that the weather people are usually pessimistic before a bank holiday weekend.

The worst day looks like Sunday but hopefully that'll mean more mud :)

So if anyones umming and aaahing over coming just due to the weather then don't fret just make that decision to come along. :)

We were hoping to come along to the event tomorrow, but our daughter has sprung out in a load of spots which look like they could be chickenpox - but she's otherwise okay.

Do you think it'd be okay if we came along with her anyway, or should we all stay at home?

Simon

We were hoping to come along to the event tomorrow, but our daughter has sprung out in a load of spots which look like they could be chickenpox - but she's otherwise okay.

Do you think it'd be okay if we came along with her anyway, or should we all stay at home?

Simon

Unfortunately, if it is chickenpox she's infectious until all the blisters have formed scabs and you really need to keep her away from others. It's particularly nasty for pregnant women in their first 20 weeks of preganancy when it can cause birth defects. Sorry to be the bearer of bad new, but better safe than sorry.

Hope she feels better soon. :D

A great event - well organised and also well populated!

I needed to leave a little earlier than expected so I spent one night less than I originally planned to - but enjoyed the whole event none the less.

I hope things didn't go too awry last night :lol: At least I hope the campsite didn't get threatened by fire as it did last year in the 2007 event...

As I mentioned to the people doing the assault course on Sunday morning, I'm putting the pictures I took online for a limited period. They're pretty much all the pictures I took so some may be duplicates and others may be badly framed/out of focus but I hope you'll be able to pick out your favourites.

Here they are: http://hywel.org.uk/assaultCourse