Which case for Vista HCX?

mlk3454

I had a Gilsson for my last 60 series unit and I liked how well it was made and how easy it was to use. I am getting a Vista HCX and want to put it in a case to keep the wear down. I have read a lot of reviews on both the Garmin and Gilsson cases but want to hear from you guys before I pull the trigger. If yo have a favorite or if you have dislikes please post why. Thanks!

I had a Gilsson for my last 60 series unit and I liked how well it was made and how easy it was to use. I am getting a Vista HCX and want to put it in a case to keep the wear down. I have read a lot of reviews on both the Garmin and Gilsson cases but want to hear from you guys before I pull the trigger. If yo have a favorite or if you have dislikes please post why. Thanks!
Neither.

I have my Venture Cx in a CaseLogic Camera Case which I got at WalMart for ~$4. It has a belt hoop if that's useful. I sewed on Velcro straps and attached the case to the shoulder strap of my day-pack. Easy to get to and up high for best reception.

FWIW

I use the Garmin neoprene case, but sure wish Garmin would redesign this to fit the color units better . . . <_< The case was originally designed to fit the monochrome Legend and Vista.

This case comes off easily for putting into the bracket of the beanbag automount. I don't know how easily the Glisson or Foarm cases are removed . . .

Gilsson are morons.

I bought a case for an eTrex Summit a while ago, as it was advertised to fit that model. However there's a (insert expletive here) hole in the front for the "pick stick" which is not on this model. When I queried Gilsson how they can claim this is the correct model for the Summit, they answered...I kid you not..."we didn't claim it was waterproof" Geddit?

Moving on the the cases (they sent me two by mistake) both of them were incredibly poorly made, neither one fit, both fell apart.