Cache In Snow Out!

Kit Fox

Yesterday I woke up, looked at the San Gabriel Mountains and realized they were covered in new snow. I ended up converting my CITO event (with help from the reviewer) to a regular event. Everyone who showed up thought the snow was amazing, and it was still fun getting together to "meet and greet."

Devil's Punchbowl "Cache In Snow Out" Event

Highlights:

The caching couple from Lake Havasu who had never ever seen snow on Cactii.

The cacher from Texas who had never cached in the snow before.

7201471a-f010-4ab7-8803-c108721fbe3b.jpg

1f8a002e-ae96-4d4a-af55-e5cce73cd41c.jpg

Cybercat's "Texas Snow Gal"

edc6c0c3-3434-4179-b07a-1588c77312ff.jpg

Living in So. California, I didn't really feel I had anything to add to the discussion on how one should interpret the Available in Winter attribute. This, despite the the fact that at the time 3 of my caches were likely under snow. I just never really thought that it matters, if someone wanted to hike to these caches in the snow they probably could find them - although I got this DNF log recently - so I haven't even bothered with this attribute. With the storm that came through on Saturday at least 3 more of my caches got covered. Kit Fox's pictures provide pretty good evidence for one of them. BTW Bill, you need to add the Available In Winter attribute to your event - whatever it really means.