Colorado waypoint question

Quick Colorado question.

When I'm navigating to a geocache I get the pointer arrow for direction and a distance on-screen that decreases as I approach the cache.

I'd like to get this display when navigating to a waypoint, but all I get is the map.

Please can anyone tell me how to get the pointer and distance for going-to a waypoint?

Thank-you

Andy

Goto the compass screen (Shortcuts->Others->Compass) and make sure you have "distance to next" selected as one of the data fields.

GO$Rs

That's useful, thank-you very much. Hadn't occured to me to use the compass screen, I was assuming that'd I'd get an arrow on the map screen like I do for a geocache.

Thanks again

Andy

I don't know if I understand your question however, the other day I was caching and hit the bottom of the "rock and roller" when tracking a cache and a small display with the compas and distance popped up right above the map.

I had both the map and compass. <_<

Quick Colorado question.

When I'm navigating to a geocache I get the pointer arrow for direction and a distance on-screen that decreases as I approach the cache.

I'd like to get this display when navigating to a waypoint, but all I get is the map.

Please can anyone tell me how to get the pointer and distance for going-to a waypoint?

Thank-you

Andy

I don't know if I understand your question however, the other day I was caching and hit the bottom of the "rock and roller" when tracking a cache and a small display with the compas and distance popped up right above the map.

I had both the map and compass. <_<

Quick Colorado question.

Thank-you

Andy

That is the display that I use. It may be my imagination but it always appears that the pointer is more sensitive than the soft-key pointers, points to the cache better ( prolly my imagination ).

I believe that at the little-compass display if you hit the center of the RnR you then get a full-screen compass.

I have done a lot of caches with the Colorado and the other day I think I had the same sort of thing that prompted the first post.

I had entered a waypoint manually for a new cache. When I went to the waypoint list (the new cache did not show in the geocache listing as it was entered manually) and selected the new cache/waypoint I had entered then the only option was the green go to button. When selecting this the Colorado tried to navigate to the cache with the auto routing routine. There was no straight magenta line to the cache and no arrow. I did not try the compass screen, but there should be more than just the auto route option available. I was only 500 or so feet from the cache but the GPS'r kept trying to take me back to the road and around and then in from another place.

A bug? I don't know, but the go to should have a choice between on road and off road.

That is the display that I use. It may be my imagination but it always appears that the pointer is more sensitive than the soft-key pointers, points to the cache better ( prolly my imagination ).

I believe that at the little-compass display if you hit the center of the RnR you then get a full-screen compass.

Yes, that's right. There are three geocaching modes detailed in the FAQ, question GC16, I would agree that they are very useful and it would be nice to have them available for navigation to waypoints and POIs, not just geocaches.

GO$Rs