GPS nickname

I have referred to my 60CSx as Dr. Theopolis. Since I carry it around my neck. Anyone remember Dr. Theopolis???

Dibaty dibaty dibaty but Buck...

I call mine "Clu" from the movie TRON.

Okay, I must be getting old.... No, Wait! Now I remember!! Flynn's tank program in the beginning.

Oh-No! Now I have truly passed the point of no return.. Yet another mouth to feed Eneloops to....

Adding newest bargain found at Cabelas... Garmin eTrex Legend HCx.. Sky (sky-blue, Okay, so the case it blue-grey..) 12 finds in the past month,

and I'm loving the MiniSD!!!! Full TOPO map of New England loaded, and track logging independent of the internal memory in GPX format. Just wish they had as good a bargain on a Vista HCx.... I've misplaced Doctor (The Lowrance PhD).. I could really use the compass!

Garmin Nuvi 370 = "Garwoman"

Our game, when she is in on-road mode getting us near a cache or for "real" navigation, is to add "you idiot" to the end of her instruction. (Sort of like "in bed" at the end of a fortune cookie futune).

Garwoman, "In .3 miles, turn left..."

Car-full-of-cachers in unison, "..YOU IDIOT!"

This works especially well when Garwoman intones, "recalculating, recalculating..." Some will envariably add the unspoken narrative going on in Garwoman's head, "...as I am ALWAYS doing for you! If you would simply turn when I TELL you to turn, we wouldn't be in this mess! Which reminds me...this car is TRASHED! Will you ever throw away your own McDonald's wrappers? There are 20 yr old french frys under your seat!!..."

(Yes, it was a VERY long road-trip filled summer for two adults and two kids!!)

That's great! Maybe I will hafta start doin that with my Nuvi 760, which we call b+(chin betty.

My fav two phrases she utters:

"recalculating"

"when possible...make a u turn"

:laughing:

Garmin Nuvi 370 = "Garwoman"

Our game, when she is in on-road mode getting us near a cache or for "real" navigation, is to add "you idiot" to the end of her instruction. (Sort of like "in bed" at the end of a fortune cookie futune).

Garwoman, "In .3 miles, turn left..."

Car-full-of-cachers in unison, "..YOU IDIOT!"

This works especially well when Garwoman intones, "recalculating, recalculating..." Some will envariably add the unspoken narrative going on in Garwoman's head, "...as I am ALWAYS doing for you! If you would simply turn when I TELL you to turn, we wouldn't be in this mess! Which reminds me...this car is TRASHED! Will you ever throw away your own McDonald's wrappers? There are 20 yr old french frys under your seat!!..."

(Yes, it was a VERY long road-trip filled summer for two adults and two kids!!)

That's great! Maybe I will hafta start doin that with my Nuvi 760, which we call b+(chin betty.

My fav two phrases she utters:

"recalculating"

"when possible...make a u turn"

:shocked:

When mine says that.. I swear she wants to call me an a55..

Let's see.... The whole fleet... In order of purchase....

eTrex - Old Yellar.

DeLorme LT-20 (#1) - Spike

eTrex Legend - Blue

Magellan MAP-410 - Flip (because of the antenna)

eTrex VentureHC - Half-Pint

DeLorme LT-20 (#2) - Ducky (rescued from a tag sale)

Magellan Explorist 500 - Rocky

Magellan Explorist 400 - Bullwinkle (Don't laugh. It's the 1st that came to mind.)

Lowrance iFinder PhD - The Doctor

Yes, I know.. I have Too Many!!

Said elsewhere... If you have one GPSr, You're not lost. If you have more than 2, You're totally lost!

Which puts me in the category of.... Umm.. Nevermind! ;)

Stephen (gelfling6)

And... Now, I have truely hit the lowest of the low... I have adopted, yet another GPSr to feed....

Garmin GPS-72 - Gonzo The Great (you know, the little blue Weirdo from the Muppets?) Just earned it's 1st Geocache today!

You can't seem to have too few GPSr's.. ;)

Stephen

And, I haven't stopped there... Add two more...

Microsoft I500(minipuck)- Dalek (because of the new producer's use of Blue-LED's in Doctor Who)

(And Microsoft's constant attempt to "Exterminate!" the competition.)

Garmin Nuvi 205 - Newbi (Just bought it today, Oh this is gonna be fun!)

Let's see.. that... 12, yes, count them, 12 active GPSrs. I truly am a GPS addict.

Newbi is going to be used at work, mostly... Mapping bus routes.. trying to make sense of a scambled mess of routes coming out of the computer, and not matching the routes drivers have been driving for years.

Stephen (gelfling6)

Let's see.... The whole fleet... In order of purchase....

eTrex - Old Yellar.

DeLorme LT-20 (#1) - Spike

eTrex Legend - Blue

Magellan MAP-410 - Flip (because of the antenna)

eTrex VentureHC - Half-Pint

DeLorme LT-20 (#2) - Ducky (rescued from a tag sale)

Magellan Explorist 500 - Rocky

Magellan Explorist 400 - Bullwinkle (Don't laugh. It's the 1st that came to mind.)

Lowrance iFinder PhD - The Doctor

Yes, I know.. I have Too Many!!

Said elsewhere... If you have one GPSr, You're not lost. If you have more than 2, You're totally lost!

Which puts me in the category of.... Umm.. Nevermind! :huh:

Stephen (gelfling6)

And... Now, I have truely hit the lowest of the low... I have adopted, yet another GPSr to feed....

Garmin GPS-72 - Gonzo The Great (you know, the little blue Weirdo from the Muppets?) Just earned it's 1st Geocache today!

You can't seem to have too few GPSr's.. :laughing:

Stephen

And, I haven't stopped there... Add two more...

Microsoft I500(minipuck)- Dalek (because of the new producer's use of Blue-LED's in Doctor Who)

(And Microsoft's constant attempt to "Exterminate!" the competition.)

Garmin Nuvi 205 - Newbi (Just bought it today, Oh this is gonna be fun!)

Let's see.. that... 12, yes, count them, 12 active GPSrs. I truly am a GPS addict.

Newbi is going to be used at work, mostly... Mapping bus routes.. trying to make sense of a scambled mess of routes coming out of the computer, and not matching the routes drivers have been driving for years.

Stephen (gelfling6)

Hi, My name is Stephen, I go by the handle of Gelfling6, and I'm a hard-core GPS Addict!

Add 3 more to the stack..

Garmin GPS-72 - Mr. Gray

Garmin eTrex Legend HCx - Horatio (after Horatio Caine, Lead character of CSI-Miami)

and now....

Garmin eTrex-Summit HC - Topper (still haven't decided if it's named after a hot-air balloon I know of, or the lead character in the "Hot-Shots" parody movies (Topper Harley))

My Legend (the second, although I've now upgraded to the Cx) is simply that... the Legend. After reading this thread, I'll have to come up with something creative now.

My husband calls caching 'geothingy'. As in 'When we go on our road trip, you should see if there's any geothingies to find' and 'It's been a while since you've gone geothingy'. I laugh every single time.

I've never named my GPS until now but "Hal" will be a good name in honor of Arthur C. Clarke, who passed away yesterday...

CACHER: "GPS, I'd like to go to the cache without wading through .8 mile of briars only to find a paved walking path 50 feet from the cache."

GPSR: "I can't let you do that, Dave."

My Garmin GPS60 is called Big G.

Firstly because it is a Garmin and secondly for my grandfather who when we were young(er) he would take us walking, 'adventuring' and 'jungleing' he would call it which I believe could also be termed bushwacking. Seemed appropriate.

Kim (The Real Big G is still around so it isn't a posthumour honour. I shall have to tell him when I next see him.)

PS, I also named my KitchenAid Artisan 'Whippy the Wonder Mixer' which must be sung to the tune of Weird Al's 'Harvey the Wonder Hamster'.