Ohhh no.....

GeoTectives

After 4 hours, i don´t know what do to. After putting in some 2 zones, 2 media and then when i come to an if...then statement it´s stop.

When i save to lua, i get errors and unable to save. Then i can´t load erlier saved lua files either. Just get error again.

I have a great idea to the first game here in Sweden, but the builder seems to have too much bugs in it for me.

Any ideas?

After 4 hours, i don´t know what do to. After putting in some 2 zones, 2 media and then when i come to an if...then statement it´s stop.

When i save to lua, i get errors and unable to save. Then i can´t load erlier saved lua files either. Just get error again.

I have a great idea to the first game here in Sweden, but the builder seems to have too much bugs in it for me.

Any ideas?

Perhaps you could attach the lua file to a message here and someone could read the plain code in notepad and see were you went wrong.

I found I got fewer errors if I set my PC to US regional settings when using the builder.

I would like to see the lua file myself to see where the builder failed parsing. We've been fixing parsing errors recently so make sure you have the latest builder installed.

David

David, I just got the same trouble as fellow from Sweden. :)

1) Builder failed after CTRL-S (unable to save).

2) I cannot open last saved version of my cartridge ("Error reading cartridge").

3) Please, tell me I'm not gonna be awake another night! :blink:

..attaching error message post-360754-1206334790.jpg and will try to mail you lua file (I'm not "allowed to upload" it here with such extension, as per message). Thanks in advance!

I would like to see the lua file

David

Just FYR: I've got Builder version 2.0.4907.3996 released on March 7th.

It is not possible to upload lua file here, even when I fake extension to gif/jpg. :blink:

EDIT: I've reviewed LUA file in notepad, there are no data for Events/Conditions/Actions despite I setup many. Is this the reason, why I cannot open it anymore? Any idea about reason why it happened?

Edited by Rikitan

You need to do two things to fix the .lua file so it can be opened in the builder:

1) Add the following lines of code to the end of the file:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------Builder Generated functions, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------

------End Builder Generated functions, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------
------Builder Generated callbacks, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------
--#LASTCALLBACKKEY=0#--
------End Builder Generated callbacks, Do not Edit, this will be overwritten------
-- #Author Functions Go Here# --
-- #End Author Functions# --
-- Nothing after this line --
return cartEasterbytheCastle

2) Change the dates at the top of the file to your computer's format. For me, that would be:

cartEasterbytheCastle.CreateDate="03/22/2008 20:42:07"
cartEasterbytheCastle.PublishDate="01/01/0001 0:00:00"
cartEasterbytheCastle.UpdateDate="03/24/2008 4:48:03"
cartEasterbytheCastle.LastPlayedDate="01/01/0001 0:00:00"

Have fun!