Seize The Day Geocoin

CinemaBoxers

SEIZE THE DAY!

GO CACHING!

Available at GeocoinDesign.com

March 2008

Hi everyone!

Wanted to share the art on a coin we've been working on for some time.

I went a little art deco when I designed the 'Fall Into Caching' coin for Geocoinstore last fall.... and I wanted to revisit that type of art.

Long story short - Jim and I were eating lunch one day, and I saw a poster that I absolutely loved the style of so, inspired, I went home and did a sketch. It sat in my sketchbook for about 5 months or so, and I pulled it back out - (after we went to lunch at the same place again) and I redrew, reworked, and completely redesigned both sides of the coin. This one was almost entirely done on paper, then scanned in for the blueprint phase... which goes to show - graphic programs aren't always needed for coin design. :o

I wanted to do something entirely caching related, but Art Deco in theme. The front is 3D, back is 2D. Translucent enamels - with details under the enamel. :anibad: I wanted to keep the enamel to a minimum on this one, and let the elements shine.

The back comes from a design I used, believe it or not, for a high school project - I reworked it, and had some fun with the metal, and textures to make it a mostly metal intricate design to really show off the patterns.

The coin is in production now, and should arrive at the same time as the Kitty coins. It seems that both the kitty and the Seize the Day coin will be in our store at the same time. We hope this won't be an issue for our customers. The nice thing is - this allows everyone to save on shipping, and they will also both ship before we leave for MOGA.

Approximately 285 will be available in our store for purchase.

This coin will be available in:

95 Antique Gold

95 Antique Nickel

95 LE Antique Copper (Will NOT be reminted)

And, a SPECIAL Limited Edition event only version

will be going with us to MOGA in MO in April.

65 Polished Gold - Red enamel.

Trackable with its own icons

stdicon32.gifstdicon16.gif

As usual - the edition will be limited to 750 coins total.

Im very pleased with this coin - and again, it allowed me to work in some elements that I turned to that inspired me for several coins Ive done recently.

When you see it in person - take your time and pick out all the 'caching' elements! (You will see cachers with both a Garmin and a Magellan, and some caches - as well as the places you FIND caches - both city, and woods!) The coin is ALL about making the best of a good day - which of course means - GO GRAB A CACHE!

I hope everyone enjoys it!

Here is the mint art - it should be IN HAND with the kitties around March 28th.

std.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Beautiful! :anibad::o

I'm sure glad I am going to MOGA...definately have to pick up one or two of those gold beauties. :o

I agree - these coins look great, but I have no idea what MOGA is - I guess it is some kind of event, I shall go and search now for it, only out of interest you understand - there is no way I could get to it. But I do like shiny gold coins :o so if anyone wants to get one and trade, my lists are kind of hit and miss with being updated, but I am usually good at removing stuff I no longer have.

*snip* but I have no idea what MOGA is -*snip*

Shameless plug! :o Click here >>>------> MOGA <-------<<< ereh kcilC :anibad:

CF30

Yep... we will be attending MOGA - and can't wait! Last year, us and a good friend decided to head down together. We were in MO in Jan for an event, we might be frequent MO visitors from now on. The people were great, the event in Jan was well planned and we had a blast. Hope to see some others coiners down there for MOGA - which right now has MEGA status!

Now, who do I know that will be going MOGA and can snag me one of the Seize the Day coins? Anyone? Anyone?

Oh, I know someone that just might be able to do such a thing. :o

I suppose I would have to offer you an arm and a leg. I would really like to have the LE to add to the ones I can buy at the website. Let me know.

I suppose I would have to offer you an arm and a leg. I would really like to have the LE to add to the ones I can buy at the website. Let me know.

No arm, leg or first-born child necessary. Just cost + shipping. I will be at MOGA too, Team FIREBOY and Moos-r-us. ;)

CF30

If they go as fast as the GW5 Sunburst coins did at that event, better plan to buy early! :o

No arm, leg or first-born child necessary. Just cost + shipping. I will be at MOGA too, Team FIREBOY and Moos-r-us. :D

CF30

Thank you for offering to snag me a Seize The Day Geocoin in the LE version at MOGA. Would you like to make arrangements before hand? Or shall I wait until you have it in hand before I send $$$ for the cost of the coin plus shipping. Crowesfeat30, please email me through my GC email.

Jodi

Were you able to work out getting a MOGA edition, TF?

Yes A&T, I did manage to make arrangements to get the Seize The Day Geocoin- Polished Gold version. Now I just have to sit, wait and hope that Crowsfeat30 is able to track down Paula at MOGA while she still has coins available. Thanks for offering to get me one of these coins. If for any reason Crowsfeat30 cannot go to MOGA could you be my Plan B? Always good to have a backup plan! This is a fantastic design and I am eager to add it to my collection.

Edited by Team FIREBOY
Cinamaboxers, these are very pretty coins, i like the colors behind and the little details.

congrats :anibad:

I didn't want to overload anyone with overly big pics, but in the large photos, you can see TINY details I had included - the 3D is lovely on these. Kudos to the mint for getting it just right!

(The GPS buttons are even visible!)

Cinamaboxers, these are very pretty coins, i like the colors behind and the little details.

congrats :)

I didn't want to overload anyone with overly big pics, but in the large photos, you can see TINY details I had included - the 3D is lovely on these. Kudos to the mint for getting it just right!

(The GPS buttons are even visible!)

Paula, please show us the big picture, i've posted some big pictures to and nobody has said bad things about that. [they maybe thougt but not said :anibad: ]