FS: Garmin 60cx

- Garmin 60cx (used on trail about 3 times, mostly in car or top shelved)

- 1gb micro sd Ultra (has city nav west coast loaded, U.S. Topo So. Cal, 24K National Parks CA)

- car mount (sticks to the windshield)

- USB connector (garmin to pc)

- Car charger

- CITY NAVIGATOR NORTH AMERICA NT v8, TOPO US, 24k National Park back up cd's (the city navigator has unlock for this Garmin unit)

Details: I purchased the unit just last year and it's all in EXCELLENT condition. I've used it only to come and go from long trips up and down the California coast and around the metro area. I've taken it geocaching about 3 times. It is registered to me with Garmin, so all is legit.

CIMG3201.jpg

CIMG3196.jpg

CIMG3194.jpg

Ship out of the Los Angeles area. You can pick up same day or i can ship via DHL Ground [dhl ground usually reaches its destination CA,NV,AZ overnight].

$400 (includes shipping)

PM me. Thanks.

Edited by DodgerBlues

$400 is tempting, but i think i'll wait. As i live in NY, the california maps wouldn't do me a whole lot of good.

Thanks anyway

the micro sd card has those maps pre-installed only cuz thats the area i would most probably use. The CD's have the whole US. I would be willing to install "your area" onto the micro sd card so the unit is ready to go once out the box when you receive it, on top of the cd's i send out with the unit.

My point exactly, it appears he's selling copied software, but I wanted verification. Which again is why I'm pointing out that he's dodging the question.

I sent you a PM, dude. I don't know what you're trying to pull here; getting your kicks.

I am selling the Garmin unit and the navigator software. I bought the unit from the original owner who had used one unlock code on another Garmin and he used the other unlock code on this unit. He didnt want to give me the original copy so he gave me the back up cd of it.

I dont know why you're stirring the pot here, VA3HST. I had already answered your question in a PM reply.

The unit along with the city navigator, the other cd's all came long with my purchase. That writing on those cd's are not my writing. I am selling everything that came with it when i purchased it.

Understand now, VA3HST?

I understand it just fine, but your PM didn't tell me anything, I also don't know why you answered VIA PM when the question was openly asked in PUBLIC in this thread. I'm sure others want to know if they are breaking the law by purchasing PIRATED copies of software or not.

It appears now that they are, since you answered. :huh:

I suggest you look up the definition of a "Backup" copy. It's when you OWN the original, and make a backup for your OWN personal use, in case the original is damaged, and that isn't what your doing, is it? The guy you got it from has the Original, and you have the PIRATED copy. Meaning that more than 1 person is using that 1 piece of purchased software. Did you check with Garmin, to see if they are ok with that? Theres a reason they give you 1 unlock code, and people that do this, up the prices for us all.

What am I trying to pull? Nothing. I'm just trying to prevent someone unknowingly from breaking the law, in case they didn't know. Nothing more.

Last comment on this, you answered the question.

Understand Now DodgerBlues?

I don't know if I really want to get involved, but it's too late by this point. For the OP's sake, I would say, leave it alone! What do you care if the CD's are copies if you are not going to buy it? Let the buyer use HIS(or hers) discretion. You don't have to be the GPS garage sale police. Now, I would have to say it was not the smartest thing in the world to announce that you were selling copies. You may not have said it, but you didn't need to with the pictures you posted. If I were you, I would not have advertised that. I may have sent a personal notwe to anyone interested in purchasing so that they would know what they are getting. Just FYI, I would have no hesitation in buying the product listed here if I had the money. As long as I knew they were good.

To the OP. If I were you in this exact situation (which I would not have put myself in) I would request this thread to be closed, wait a certain amount of time, whether it be a week, month, or however long then make a "sockpupet" account and re-list this with new pictures taken in a different room of your house. Also, make sure there are no direct pictures of the software and only mention that it comes with it, not that it is copied.

Best of luck to you all!!!

I understand it just fine, but your PM didn't tell me anything, I also don't know why you answered VIA PM when the question was openly asked in PUBLIC in this thread.

I didnt want to make this a debate forum like it obviously turned into.

Understand Now DodgerBlues?

Yes, the world is a lot safer now because of you. We all thank you. :huh:

I dont get this. The software that goes with the gps is registered with the unit. The seller isnt going to throw out the software even if its copied from the original. When i bought my used unit i got the copied software that goes with that particular unit. There was nothing illegal about it. So this guy is selling his cx with the registered software. Copied or not its the software for that unit.

Let me ask you this? If you bought a gps and then bought the software with 2 unlock codes. Unlocked one code with your unit, then decided to sell the unit and use the second unlock code on your next unit. Would you throw away the software for the first unit ? Or copy it and sell it with the unit like a normal person?

Dodgerblues is selling the gps and the software that goes with it end of story.

He is selling COPIES of the software. This is a violation of the EULA. You may or may not agree but it's still a violation.

Here's Garmin's position on the subject.

Question: I want to sell my Garmin GPS unit and the locked software product I have for it. What do I need to do?

Answer:

We recommend contacting Garmin Unlock Tech Support as specifics can vary a great deal.

As a general rule, you should give the buyer ALL the information you have pertaining to the unit and the software you are selling. As well as unit and software, provide the buyer with any unlock codes you have for the unit for that software product, as well as the 7 digit registration code or 8 digit original coupon code associated with that software.

If you have multiple MapSource products that require unlock or multiple units to which you have unlocked them, you should contact Garmin Technical Support for advice.

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama