hp ipaq 6515

Fénix

I installed Wherigo player today, it works very well BUT cartriges which have more than 3 rows in the main menu cannot be played :) . Seems like the square screen (240x240) is the problem, fourth and lower rows are not displayed and can not be accessed. There is a simple solution, that works for the other screens than the "main" - a scroll bar ! It would be great if you could add it there, because the Player seems to get along with ipaq 6515 very well and it is a pity these cartriges cannot be played.

Please, this is a major bug which I believe is easy to solve.

Update: if there are MORE rows than 4, white arrows in status bar appear (e.g. in Task menu) ! So the only problem is with EXACTLY four rows in (main? ) menu. That must be easy to solve (and it would be much appreciated!)

edit: it aint THAT easy, the 5. row is not visible neither on the first page nor the second, it is "hidden" inbetween...

Btw, there is one more "solution", if that was much of a problem. If Player didnt require just and only stylus to confirm choice, it would partialy solve this problem. If the joystick is working with browsing rows, why not make it usable also for confiming rows ? Or Enter key. ANY key would do actually :lol:

Edited by Fénix

Update: if there are MORE rows than 4, white arrows in status bar appear (e.g. in Task menu) ! So the only problem is with EXACTLY four rows in (main? ) menu. That must be easy to solve (and it would be much appreciated!)

edit: it aint THAT easy, the 5. row is not visible neither on the first page nor the second, it is "hidden" inbetween...

Btw, there is one more "solution", if that was much of a problem. If Player didnt require just and only stylus to confirm choice, it would partialy solve this problem. If the joystick is working with browsing rows, why not make it usable also for confiming rows ? Or Enter key. ANY key would do actually :)

the player interface is written specifically for a 240x320 device (namely a pocket pc, read "hardcoded!"). I will be working on a more robust interface that will do a better job of dynamically drawing the screen. Some other big things to do first though. It is on the list.

David.

the player interface is written specifically for a 240x320 device (namely a pocket pc, read "hardcoded!"). I will be working on a more robust interface that will do a better job of dynamically drawing the screen. Some other big things to do first though. It is on the list.

David.

Thank you very much for the reply, i understand.

Anyway, couldnt at least possibility to confirm row with the click of something else than stylus on the screen (e.g. pushing joystick, pulling joystick to right, pressing enter...) make it to the next release ? :)