Fallen Soldiers Geocoin--Only $5.99!

Eric K

Well, I'm pretty frustrated with this. I purchased five coins but cannot activate them because they technically aren' t mine, and the "owner" hasn't gotten around to getting them all activated.

I really wanted to drop thiese at GW VI.

I'm beginning to think they are a rip off!

Valerie

Valerie:

Please try your codes again. The last batch of 900 coins should now all be activated.

Thank you

Well, I'm pretty frustrated with this. I purchased five coins but cannot activate them because they technically aren' t mine, and the "owner" hasn't gotten around to getting them all activated.

Valerie

Valerie:

I stand corrected. There are still approx. 16 of the coins that haven't been activated.

Please allow a few days for those to be activated.

Thank you

Thanks to all of your kindness we have now donated $900 to Operation Homefront and activated coins to honor 900 individuals.

USA Geocoins is now taking reservations for the Polished Nickel Version of the Fallen Heroes Geocoins.

Fallen Heroes Polished Nickel Geocoin Reservations

As we stated with the original sale our goal is to have a coin out for every member of the military that has lost thier lives in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Thank you all for all of your support with this project. ESPECIALLY the volunteers that have helped activate 900 coins!!! This would not be possible without these fine folks.

Thank you!

USA Geocoins

Eric,

So how much money do you make on these coins? You sell the coins to people but they can't claim them as their own, you then donate $1 to OHF after you pocket $2-3. you use volunteers to activate the coins?? why not let the people who paid for them activate the coins? . You sicken me

Well let's teach you some basic math.

Coin selling price $5.99

$1.00 of each coin sold to charity.

Coin price now at $4.99

$1.50 of each coin is the price of tracking numbers.

Coin price is now at $3.49

So if I'm making $2 to $3 per coin as you say that means I'm getting the coins minted for about 49 cents each.

If you don't get the point of these coins then don't buy them.

I am PROUD of the fact that we have in some small way created a memorial for 900 soldiers that have lost their lives and have another 300 coins on the way in.

That will mean that 1200 people have been memorialized and that $1200 would have been donated to Operation Homefront to help the families of some of these men and women.

You only care that you don't 'own' the coin. You, sir, sicken me!

So just how much are you making per coin?? My guess is more than $1

Thanks to all of your kindness we have now donated $900 to Operation Homefront and activated coins to honor 900 individuals.

USA Geocoins is now taking reservations for the Polished Nickel Version of the Fallen Heroes Geocoins.

As we stated with the original sale our goal is to have a coin out for every member of the military that has lost thier lives in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Thank you all for all of your support with this project. ESPECIALLY the volunteers that have helped activate 900 coins!!! This would not be possible without these fine folks.

Thank you!

USA Geocoins

Eric,

So how much money do you make on these coins? You sell the coins to people but they can't claim them as their own, you then donate $1 to OHF after you pocket $2-3. you use volunteers to activate the coins?? why not let the people who paid for them activate the coins? . You sicken me

Coin selling price $5.99

Coin price now at $4.99

So if I'm making $2 to $3 per coin as you say that means I'm getting the coins minted for about 49 cents each.

I am PROUD of the fact that we have in some small way created a memorial for 900 soldiers that have lost their lives and have another 300 coins on the way in.

That will mean that 1200 people have been memorialized and that $1200 would have been donated to Operation Homefront to help the families of some of these men and women.

That is just rude - and it sounds like you have an axe to grind for some reason.

I would very much doubt if there was a single cent being made off these coins as I can't even imagine a coin being made in a Chinese mint and then posted/shipped to the US for anything remotely close to $3.49 each. Even in bulk, at that price I couldn't imagine USA Geocoins making a single cent from it. Sit down and think about it. Shipping from the mint must be at least another $1 per coin. The metal is free, the labour to put the enamals on isn't free, the dies used to make the coins isn't free.

I am not an American - but I still get what this is all about. What you should be more worried about is those who are profiteering from these coins - those who are buying them and then selling them on eBay for $12.95. Your efforts would be far better served going and bothering those people about what they are doing!

Edited by keewee

It really isn't anyone's business how much someone is making from a coin. Many people are in it for profit, many are in it for the joy of coin collecting. It sounds to me like there isn't a whole lot of profit here, and what there is for profit is being donated to a good cause. If someone doesn't like a coin or the way a coin sale is held, no one is twisting anyone's arm to purchase it. We certainly don't need an argument in here about whether someone is making a few cents off a coin produced for a worthy cause.

It really isn't anyone's business how much someone is making from a coin. Many people are in it for profit, many are in it for the joy of coin collecting. It sounds to me like there isn't a whole lot of profit here, and what there is for profit is being donated to a good cause. If someone doesn't like a coin or the way a coin sale is held, no one is twisting anyone's arm to purchase it. We certainly don't need an argument in here about whether someone is making a few cents off a coin produced for a worthy cause.

Well said oh big globally one!

Thank you!

USA Geocoins

Eric,

Coin selling price $5.99

Coin price now at $4.99

That is just rude - and it sounds like you have an axe to grind for some reason.

I would very much doubt if there was a single cent being made off these coins as I can't even imagine a coin being made in a Chinese mint and then posted/shipped to the US for anything remotely close to $3.49 each. Even in bulk, at that price I couldn't imagine USA Geocoins making a single cent from it. Sit down and think about it. Shipping from the mint must be at least another $1 per coin. The metal is free, the labour to put the enamals on isn't free, the dies used to make the coins isn't free.

I am not an American - but I still get what this is all about. What you should be more worried about is those who are profiteering from these coins - those who are buying them and then selling them on eBay for $12.95. Your efforts would be far better served going and bothering those people about what they are doing!

Yes i do have "an axe to grind". coins I purchased are not activated!!! Activation of a coin takes all of what 1 minute tops?? Now I see another poster who has "non-activated coins" aslo. It seems that at least 6 of the 16 coins that are supposedly unactivated are in the hands of just 2 board members. this seems odd to me.

I do see and understand the purpose of this project and I appreciate the person who posted the template for adding the hero's photo to the coin holder. I feel this is something that should have come with the coin.

now a company that gets it's coins minted in china and calls themselves USAGeocoins is kind of an odd thing.

I really wish I had never seen these coins.

Valerie

Valerie:

I stand corrected. There are still approx. 16 of the coins that haven't been activated.

Please allow a few days for those to be activated.

Thank you for looking into it Eric. I initially bought one and place it in a cache and found it so meaningful I bought 5 more. I really wanted to leave these in caches at GW VI but I guess it means just as much in a local cache.

thanks for taking on this project

Valerie

Yes i do have "an axe to grind". coins I purchased are not activated!!! Activation of a coin takes all of what 1 minute tops?? Now I see another poster who has "non-activated coins" aslo. It seems that at least 6 of the 16 coins that are supposedly unactivated are in the hands of just 2 board members. this seems odd to me.

I do see and understand the purpose of this project and I appreciate the person who posted the template for adding the hero's photo to the coin holder. I feel this is something that should have come with the coin.

now a company that gets it's coins minted in china and calls themselves USAGeocoins is kind of an odd thing.

I really wish I had never seen these coins.

Wow - Tell you what. I would be willing to buy your coins and pay the cost of shipping so as to ease your frustration. How would that work? Let me know.

Edited by BilLow

Eric, why do some of the links for the soldiers not work? 3 out of 4 don't give any history about the soldier, just thought it would be nice to include it with the coin. Tup

Send an e-mail support at usageocoins dot com with the coins that have the issues and we will get them fixed for you.

Thanks,

Eric

*Bumping a very old thread*

I was shocked yesterday to find one of these coins still traveling around in its original coin sleeve and with its original mission paper still intact - although it had gotten wet at some point and is hard to read now.

I'm going to clean it up, re-package and reprint the tag and send it on its way soon. It's very cool to see such an old coin still moving around. I remember when these first were minted and sent out.

I'll use this as an opportunity to once again thank all those that have served.

• Upvote 2