Fallen Soldiers Geocoin--Only $5.99!

Eric K

USA Geocoins is proud to announce our most ambitious project to date. The Fallen Soldiers Geocoin.

The Fallen Soldiers Geocoin will come pre activated with a link to an individual soldier that has lost their lives in Iraq or Afghanistan.

This project is being done with the direct support of Operation Homefront

You can read the letter from Operation Homefront here.

It has taken the support of many people to make this project possible. I want to publically thank everyone that has helped on this project. A list of supporters and volunteers can be found on the sales page.

fallenback.jpgfs4.jpg

You can reserve the Fallen Soldiers Geocoin from USA Geocoins here:

Fallen Soldiers Geocoin from USA Geocoins

This coin is being sold for ONLY $5.99 and $1.00 of every coin sold will be donated to Operation Homefront.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Order sent!

This would be about the only coin I wouldn't pre-drill and tag afore setting loose in the field.

If a mini-sized version of the info page for each fallen soldier was published on the linked page for each coin, would make it a lot easier for folks to print, laminate and release the info along with the coin.

Would it be possible to get a non-activated version at a higher price for those that want to support the cause, but also have a "keeper"? :)

Order sent!

This would be about the only coin I wouldn't pre-drill and tag afore setting loose in the field.

If a mini-sized version of the info page for each fallen soldier was published on the linked page for each coin, would make it a lot easier for folks to print, laminate and release the info along with the coin.

Would it be possible to get a non-activated version at a higher price for those that want to support the cause, but also have a "keeper"? :)

At this time there are not any plans to make an unactivated version.

However that could change in the future. For now the goal is to get the pre-activated coins out to honor all the Fallen Soldiers and this is a hefty goal.

Thanks!

Eric

It seems that every time we turn on the news we always here there is another fallen soldier here in Wisconsin. It is so sad. They have been fighting in war now for over 5 years. We hope whoever is our next Presedent will draw our troops back home. There is alot of inacent men and woman out there that are loosing their lives. We know they are doing a job and fighting for our country. To many families are loosing their loved ones.

We are proud and honored to help donate money for a good cause.

Barry and Val

sweetlife

:*(

I have 9.00 left in my paypal account and thought that this coin would be the perfect place to spend that money....

Then I saw the shipping cost to send it overseas.

I'm sorry, but unless I'm reading this wrong somewhere, 7.95 to ship ONE coin is just plain ridiculous.

Sorry ya'll. It's a beautiful coin and a wonderful sentiment, but there is no way in heaven or hades I'm spending 8 bucks to ship a coin that is going to cost all of 2 bucks to ship.

Naomi :)

The name of the coin may be changed to "Fallen Heroes"

Someone from the Marines very nicely reminded me that not all branches of the Military are known as 'soldiers'

Just want to be clear that he wasn't offended or upset about the name or anything like that, he just wanted to point that out to me.

Just a thought, is there any way to request specific soldiers....say if I wanted to buy all the coins for all the ones we have lost that were from Maine? Would this be possible?

Cache Maine:

There are currently 29 military personel listed as KIA from Maine.

Also due to the scope of this project it is hard to match up names. We are trying to honor request for family members. For special request they would also have to be done via the pre-pay method.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

One more thing.

First thank everyone for your overwhelming support on this project so far.

I may need more volunteers to help activate the coins.

If you are pretty well versed in editing html please send an e-mail to support at usageocoins dot com

Thanks!

Received my invoice and will send payment out in the mail tomorrow.

I noticed your coin page has a very nice set up with a picture of your fallen hero and a link to read about him along with the coins purpose and mission. Are they all set up like this already or is this something we have to do?? (or am I wishful thinking again)

Thanks

Lj

Received my invoice and will send payment out in the mail tomorrow.

I noticed your coin page has a very nice set up with a picture of your fallen hero and a link to read about him along with the coins purpose and mission. Are they all set up like this already or is this something we have to do?? (or am I wishful thinking again)

Thanks

Lj

That is how they will all come, each one with a different soldier.

Thanks

That is how they will all come, each one with a different soldier.

Thanks

Two colleagues of my father died in Afghanistan, is it possible that the become part of this project?

The ultimate goal of this project is to keep selling the coins until everyone that has died in Iraq and Afghanistan has been honored.

Thanks

Eric

I see that they are pre-activated, who is the owner of the coin when you purchase it?

Naomi <_<

There is a user account that has been setup just for the coins.

That special account wil be the owner of the coins.

Thanks

Eric

Will they be adopted over?

Naomi <_<

No, the coins will be owned by the special account that has been set up. The main goal of these coins is to travel as a constant memorial to those that have died in Iraq and Afghanistan and raise awarenees of Operation Homefront.

Thank you

I see that they are pre-activated, who is the owner of the coin when you purchase it?

Naomi <_<

Thanks

Eric

Naomi <_<

No, the coins will be owned by the special account that has been set up. The main goal of these coins is to travel as a constant memorial to those that have died in Iraq and Afghanistan and raise awarenees of Operation Homefront.

Thank you

The main goal will also stay remain when there is an adaption. or am i wrong.

Now the buyer is no coinholder. so $5.99 is full funding to the project.

ReeJ

Naomi <_<

Thanks

Eric

Naomi <_<

Thank you

ReeJ

Just to confirm, these are shipping via USPS, right? (as opposed to by cache)

Edited by ThirstyMick

Naomi <_<

Thanks

Eric

Naomi <_<

Thank you

ReeJ

Just to confirm, these are shipping via USPS, right? (as opposed to by cache)

Yes, they will ship to the purchase that purchases the coin.

When you receive the coins we are hoping that you will not keep them but place them in caches.

Thanks

Eric

When you receive the coins we are hoping that you will not keep them but place them in caches.

Thanks

Eric

I'll say again, it is a very nice coin, but, I think, for me anyway, a donation directly to Operation Homefront makes more sense.

This is part of the reasoning of this project is to raise awareness for Operation Homefront.

We hope that you and others will also feel free to make contributions to Operation Homefront directly along with the donations that will be made from the sale of the coins.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THOSE THAT MADE RESERVATIONS!

While working on the server the file that had the regular reservations was accidentally deleted. Anyone that made regular reservations only will need to remake the reservations.

Fallen Heroes Geocoin Reservations

The guaranteed reservations were fine and those invoices were already sent out.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you

USA Geocoins

Looks like there may still be some problems with the webpage.

You should get the confirmation page when you make your reservations.

If you don't get the confirmation page please check back to the page later why we try to fix these issues.

Thank you

I'm expecting these coins in any day now.

The volunteers have been busting their tails to help get these all pre-activated.

Right now we have 463 of the 800 activated. You can view the coins under this profile:

Fallen Heroes Geocoins Profile

If any of you are versed enough in HTML to help activate some of the coins please feel free to contact me via my profile.

Thanks!

Eric K

Received mine order today, they are really nice coins. Thank you

BUT...

Stupid question time....What do I do with them? Grab them from somewhere or just place them in a cache, or or or what ???

I know it's going to be a simple answer but I'm brain dead and can't figure it out : )

LJ

I received mine as well! Cool looking coins. I just grabbed one and wrote a quick log for it. Then I contacted another cacher and will be sending it to him to put in a cache. It's in another country so I hope it's OK!! The rest I'll be putting in caches or sending out to other cachers in the U.S.

I guess that's how they were intended to be handled? If I'm wrong, I hope somebody will set me straight!