Washington State University Cougars? University of WA Huskies?

Joyful April

I am wondering how many WSU Cougars geocache?

I am wondering how many University of WA Huskies geocache?

Do you think a university cache theme would be too ... I can't remember what the rules say but I know that you can't places caches that promote certain things. The cache would be a postive theme and not a "you suck" theme.

Which leads me to my next posting request....

Please don't use this post for negative comments. Yes, they're rival schools but we're all geocachers. (you can cheer for your school if you want).

Thank you!!!!

wsucougars.jpguw_huskies_logo.jpg

Our daughter is a Cougar graduate and geocaches once in a while. The wife Arlene is a Husky graduate and is an avid geocacher. I went to Eastern Illinios, Bradley University and have a Doctorate from the University of Nebraska. Only time I hear from any of the schools is when they want me to send them money. Almost forgot, our son Tom is a graduate from Western WA. in geology, now is a Captain on a 747-400 Cargo for Atlas Air. Caches once in a while with the family.

Edited by W7WT

I am so very proud to say I am a COUG! I was on the crew team too. I am a Coug to the core, I have the beer gut to prove it. I bleed crimson and gray. Even have a great uncle that was the head of the account department.

Why was Jesus not born at Ewe Dub...

Couldn't find 3 wise men and a virgin.

Edited by ProjectFred325

Moved from Geocoin forum to where it's wet and cold :lol:

Thanks for the move. I was originally going to ask a geocoin question but I completely spaced it out!

I just giggled when I read your comment about moving the comment to the appropriate forum.

I could also cross post it in the "loosing my mind and forgot what I was originally going to say" forum! :)

There are actually three other state run universities. One in Bellingham, one in Ellensburg, and one in Cheney, but, as for myself, there is only one school to be proud of. That would the the Huskies

ummm..... yeah. I guess I really showed my bias by not even asking about these schools.

It reminds me of when someone says, "name the countries of North America". Answer: Canada and United States. And Mexico stands up, waving a hand in the air, and says, "What am I? Chopped liver?!?!"

My family generally roots for the Cougs, as my uncle went there, and my best friend goes there currently (he occasionally caches with me, but isn't a registered member and doesn't cache on his own)and his older brother and his dad graduated from WSU. My best friend is also part of their band. I only root for one Husky team, and that is their Volleyball team, because Courtney Thompson, their former setter, is one of my class mates from HS and a very good friend. I go to CWU, but have little school spirit.

Big Coug Fan! 1979 Forest Management - Gannon Hall resident. Jack Thompson / Steve Puidokas days!!

My dad is also a WSU grad 1958 grad - Forest Management too!!

Crazy thing is that there were young forestry prof's when dad attended that were still teaching when I got there!

Have put in nearly 30 years for Oregon Dept of Foresty in Coos Bay since leaving ole' Pullman.

That reminds me - need to put in an order for some Cougar Gold!!

I'm one of a family of geocachers, the breakdown is as follows:

Dad - Pacific Lutheran University grad (Business Admin, I think)

Mom - University of Washington x2 grad (Nursing, then a Masters in Nursing)

Brother - Central Washington University grad (Music Ed)

Sister in Law - Central Washington University grad (Music Performance)

And myself? Die-hard, through and through Husky here (Speech and Hearing Sciences, in case you're keeping tally) - I'm so die-hard, I have enough clothes to do two loads of purple-only laundry and I know the words to the fight song, the "unofficial" fight song, and the alma mater.

That's what being a Husky Marching Band member did to me, though. :/

Also, if you want something that's WSU/UW based (and I like the idea of a college-themed geocache as opposed to just UW and WSU), why not an Apple Cup coin? It's something that could be enjoyed by both sides without "bashing" towards either school.

Big Coug Fan! 1979 Forest Management - Gannon Hall resident. Jack Thompson / Steve Puidokas days!!

My dad is also a WSU grad 1958 grad - Forest Management too!!

Crazy thing is that there were young forestry prof's when dad attended that were still teaching when I got there!

Have put in nearly 30 years for Oregon Dept of Foresty in Coos Bay since leaving ole' Pullman.

That reminds me - need to put in an order for some Cougar Gold!!

My dad graduated from the WSU forestry mgmt program in 1970 (I think).

Hey you left out the Evergreen State College Fighting Geoducks! I have several caches on the Evergreen Campus. Geoducks

f304364c-9689-4ef2-9b31-42a07118c7ed.jpg

Shouldn't that be the rioting Geoducks? ;)

LOL! :)

I could say more, but it would just get into politics and I don't want to go there :) .

It is actually a lot more conservative then I expected. The kids with dread locks don't care about politics at all for some reason they are not motivated to do much of anything

I am a graduate of the UW Microbiology Department, Class of '94. My Wife (often referred to as FobesWife in my logs) is a WSU Department of Education Graduate, Class of '92. Now here is the funny part, I'm 5 years older then she is. I was a late bloomer but that is a story I will tell if we ever meet over a beer.

We are both born and raised Washingtonians but she is a coug through and through. I on th eother hand have always rooted for both schools, (expcept when they play each other) I am convinced that the rivalry is almost completely one sided.

BTW I am the cacher but the family often accompanies me on my adventures. Probably about 1/4 of my caches we have logged together.

Edited by FobesMan