Absolutely Frustrated

Vallejo:

I assume by the tone of your posts, poor spelling, grammar and reference to "adults' and "scouts" and "rules"we are hearing from one of the "2 kids" referred to in the profile.

If this is not the case, sorry for the misinterpretation.

I think your rant shows a little bit of lack of judgment and your conclusion seems obviously mis-drawn considering the fact that you have 103 caches currently published.dating from 11/06 to the most recent published yesterday.

So because of one or two caches OUT OF 103 that you have had trouble getting approved and published, the site basically sucks?

And you are considering jumping ship for a 2% (hassel (sic)) rate?

Sounds remarkably juvenile to me.

Theres the problem

mentioning a business name- thats stupid.

Yes, I agree. It was quite stupid of you to mention a business name. What does that have to do with finding a hidden container using a GPS receiver?

Mr smarty pants

Please don't call me that. The truth of it is, my pants aren't very smart at all. Whenever I've let them do the thinking for me, they make very poor choices. I have learned from this. Now, the only thing I follow when held at waist level is a GPS.

Theres the problem

Yes, I agree. It was quite stupid of you to mention a business name. What does that have to do with finding a hidden container using a GPS receiver?

Mr smarty pants

Please don't call me that. The truth of it is, my pants aren't very smart at all. Whenever I've let them do the thinking for me, they make very poor choices. I have learned from this. Now, the only thing I follow when held at waist level is a GPS.

Alright Mr. Smarty GPS. I am blaming you for the root beer on my keyboard. :(

Theres the problem

Mr smarty pants

Alright Mr. Smarty GPS. I am blaming you for the root beer on my keyboard. <_<

Make that two of us! :(

I told you it was just a story. It's really only 1 that they didn't publish gosh you guys sure like to get all uptight around here. You are giving me a good laugh. Is this what always happens here you all go crazy when someone tells a story. How funny.

Want to hear my story about Team Alamo?

Thanks for the fun!

I told you it was just a story. It's really only 1 that they didn't publish gosh you guys sure like to get all uptight around here. You are giving me a good laugh. Is this what always happens here you all go crazy when someone tells a story. How funny.

Thanks for the fun!

If you don't want comments, perhaps you should not tell your "story" on an open public forum?

Now if you had said "this is a work of fiction" in the first place, perhaps people would not have felt the need to point out that it is a gross exaggeration.

use of a public forum is a learning experience for all of us. As you gain more posts and spend more time reading the responses thereto, you will better understand the reactions you get to your posts and you will get a better grasp on what "sets people off."

In this forum, attacking reviewers with made up or exaggerated stories is something that will definitely do it... not to mention calling people names.

It hurts a little in the short run to be told we are wrong, but as we gain wisdom from seeing the reactions of people, for instance, who we hurt by name calling and the exaggerations we make in hopes of swaying people to our side, we will learn and grow.

Is your Team Alamo story an exaggerated, hyperbolic work of fiction with name-calling, too? If so, perhaps it would be wise to keep it to yourself. Please don't post it if responses will make you upset.

It's really only 1 that they didn't publish gosh you guys sure like to get all uptight around here.

Well, it's a general rule around here not to just make things up...even if it gives someone a good chuckle.

When you make things up in forums, some people might mistake that for a lie (call us crazy!). And then where is your credibility? That's right...in negative territory.

So the next time you come strolling by with a real problem, no one's going to listen.

Oh, and sometimes when I laugh, I forget punctuation (along with the other things that make English readable), too!!!

And as Steve Martin says in P, T, & A:

"And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener! "

If you don't want comments, perhaps you should not tell your "story" on an open public forum?

Now if you had said "this is a work of fiction" in the first place, perhaps people would not have felt the need to point out that it is a gross exaggeration.

use of a public forum is a learning experience for all of us. As you gain more posts and spend more time reading the responses thereto, you will better understand the reactions you get to your posts and you will get a better grasp on what "sets people off."

In this forum, attacking reviewers with made up or exaggerated stories is something that will definitely do it... not to mention calling people names.

It hurts a little in the short run to be told we are wrong, but as we gain wisdom from seeing the reactions of people, for instance, who we hurt by name calling and the exaggerations we make in hopes of swaying people to our side, we will learn and grow.

Is your Team Alamo story an exaggerated, hyperbolic work of fiction with name-calling, too? If so, perhaps it would be wise to keep it to yourself. Please don't post it if responses will make you upset.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he ever admitted it was false, hyperbolic or anything of the kind. He stated that it was "just a story," which would be true regardless of its veracity.

That said, I think we should sentence him to death for his heresy anyway. So few witch-hunts end with a proper witch-burning nowadays.

For every thread ranting about the cache saturation guideline, I also receive an e-mail like the one I found in my inbox this morning. This comes from someone who hid their cache too close to the beginning of a multicache:

Thanks Pal... This is what happens when I filter out multicaches... LOL. I will forward the new history info. I found to the owner of the multi and I will archive this listing. I look forward to hiding more caches in this area. You guys never get the credit you deserve for the time and work you put into this wonderful world of geocaching. I am always thankful for having you as part of my geo-family.

No rants, no whining about how reviewers are killing all the fun. This is the real world, where geocachers understand the reviewer's role in applying the listing guidelines fairly, and where reviewers do everything they can to get as many caches published as possible. You don't see lots of forum threads about the vast majority of caches, which are either published without comment or are modified or withdrawn without incident.

Never confuse the forums with the real geocaching world.

Thanks for the fun!

Reviewers and mods can get rather defensive. Except Keystone, he's learned a long time ago that it's seldom personal and does an excelent job letting things roll off his back while helping people find their intended path on this site. Keysone's not the only exception but he's one well worth pointing out.

Edited by Renegade Knight
Your reviewer was just doing their job. We're under very clear instructions to refer all commercial caches to Groundspeak. We do not have the authority to determine what commercial content is permissible. You should have received a polite note quoting the guideline -- which says that permission is needed from Groundspeak -- and directing you to contact them.

For you to transform your own ignorance of the rules into "the reviewers are hassling me" is quite a leap. We have no choice except to refer you to Groundspeak. There is no evil intent involved.

If you wish to avoid long delays, hide caches that meet the listing guidelines.

Ok They didn't publish the cache they made it hard (a hassel) ok I don't need a hard time about a cache I even changed the name and he still said he couldn't approve it that is a hassel

The other cache making me wait 5weeks thats not a hassel?

it's suposed to be fun and somtimes the reviewers can make it not fun

waiting 5weeks was not fun and having to think about waiting 5weeks again not fun now do you get it. I archived it.

So, a reviewer explains that they have no choice but to refer commercial caches to Groundspeak, and you still think they are trying to hassle you? Sounds like you're just whining because they didn't try to break the rules for you. Sounds like you are the hassle.

Hassle

Hassle

Hassle

It's "le" not "el"!! :o

it's not about the reviewer. it's about the rules
The rules you are complaining about are there for a good reason. If it weren't for rules, I'd have to worry (more) about some nutcase coming to kill me because they didn't like this post. If it weren't for rules, there would be people driving down the "wrong" side of the road, except it wouldn't be wrong... but they'd still be dead when they had a head-on. Rules are important, especially the ones that protect others, even if it is only protecting me from having to read your commercial cache.

get a Helmut.
What is a Helmut? Is that a manservant from Germany?

No, it's a dog who resides in the fiery depths. Oh wait, that's a hellmutt....sorry.

Reviewers and mods can get rather defensive. Except Keystone, he's learned a long time ago that it's seldom personal and does an excelent job letting things roll off his back while helping people find their intended path on this site. Keysone's not the only exception but he's one well worth pointing out.

The fact that I am posting this message is proof of that! :o

Since you didn't mention me, I've archived all of your caches and deleted all of your finds.

Nothing personal... :o