Minting Questions

AmsterDaddy

I have a couple of questions that I am hoping that some of you might be able to help me with. I was recently turned on to Geocaching by a coworker and I was instantly addicted. In my caching experiences, I have helped some Geocoins travel and have really admired them. Now I can honestly say that I am addicted to Geocoins as well. After looking at some of the coins that are out there and the great artwork, I’ve created two coins of my own (one round and one “odd“ shaped). My only problem is that I’m not sure what minting company to go with. I’ve read and researched the pinned topics, as well as some of the other posts. My questions are:

1. From your experience having coins made with the listed companies, who would you recommend?

2. From your experience with trading coins, or having coins made, who seems to offer the best quality?

3. For those of you that have had “odd” shaped coins made, who would you recommend?

My only intention here is to find the best experience, with the best quality, for the best price. Unfortunately, there isn’t a Consumer Reports for Geocoins and it seems like a majority say that they are better than the other. I’m looking for positive and negative experiences, however, I would prefer to keep the thread positive and would rather have negative experiences PM’d to me. Thanks in advance for your input! :)

~AmsterDaddy

I just started working on a coin of my own. A thread like this a month ago might have been real handy!

I talked to Castleman and Landsharkz. Both were really good and were willing to discuss my ideas and offer suggestions. I ended up going with Landsharkz in part because I like to support Canadian companies.

I'm now waiting for a quote.

You've done the right thing by looking at the pinned threads.

Your best bet is to contact those companies and see who you get a good feeling from. All of them are Groundspeak approved so you shouldn't have issues with anybody.

If anybody wants to make a recommendation, they can contact you offline to do so to prevent this thread from becoming an advertisement.

Welcome to the obsession.