Would a P-38 can opener be OK as a cache item?

I love p38's! I keep one on my keychain, one at work, one in all my packs. . .

I put a small piece of tape or like someone else said, small rubberband to keep them from opening when they are going to be on a keychain or something.

I'm trying to get some good swag ideas, thanks!

I love p38's! I keep one on my keychain, one at work, one in all my packs. . .

I put a small piece of tape or like someone else said, small rubberband to keep them from opening when they are going to be on a keychain or something.

I'm trying to get some good swag ideas, thanks!

=============

Yo, gitar....

Rubber bands's just gonna dissolve in short order, & not easy to find in just-rite size for the job. Next time you're in a hardware store, take a look in their O-Ring bin. & dirt cheap.

Also, thanx for the gesture, 'Gumbo' .... downright 'cauc' of ya! ~8)

~*

I have been trying to figure out something cool I can leave as a signature item, and I am considering ordering a bunch of P-38 can openers (the ones that used to come with C-Rations).

It has a sharp edge, but that edge is only about 1 cm.

I've had one on my keychain since basic training and still use it (not only for opening the occasional can, but to open boxes, loosen screws, etc.). A very handy tool to have that I'm sure folks would use.

sure why not! it's not dangerous. (well not if your careful) and its not little kid's party hat. go ahead :unsure:

Well coolio, I just got a delight in my mailbox today!

Thanks much, TeamGumbo, and when we're done our siggy items consider yourself first in line!

Got mine too. That's really neat.

Thanks, TeamGumbo!! :huh::) There is a little thank-you on it's way to you already. :unsure: