MN MNGCA 2008 Coins are here

CamoCacher

The MN 2008 MNGCA Coins have arrived and are ready for sale. This is a first come - first served sale.

We have antique and shiny silver coins. Please specify the type and number of each in your post.

They are 10.00 each plus 1.50 for the first coin (for shipping) and 0.50 for each coin thereafter.

They are trackable and have their own unique icon.

22aabaf2-8cf6-48a9-8140-fd94cdddd2ce.jpg

Hey gardengorrlia, How funny is this? We were just talking about these coins. I hope the

one I sent you arrives soon. Not sure how long it takes to get to Canada. 1-2 weeks?

CamoCacher, Does Merkman have any or shoud I go through the MnGCA Website

to get one? I HOPE that you stay safe where ever you are being deployed to. And a

GREAT BIG THANK YOU for keeping our country free.

-Dardevle-

Edited by dardevle

Hey gardengorrlia, How funny is this? We were just talking about these coins. I hope the

one I sent you arrives soon. Not sure how long it takes to get to Canada. 1-2 weeks?

CamoCacher, Does Merkman have any or shoud I go through the MnGCA Website

to get one? I HOPE that you stay safe where ever you are being deployed to. And a

GREAT BIG THANK YOU for keeping our country free.

-Dardevle-

Dardevle

Let me know what kind and quantity on here or the MNGCA and I'll get you on the list - let me know where to invoice you at too!

Thanks for the words of support.

The MN 2008 MNGCA Coins have arrived and are ready for sale. This is a first come - first served sale.

We have antique and shiny silver coins. Please specify the type and number of each in your post.

They are 10.00 each plus 1.50 for the first coin (for shipping) and 0.50 for each coin thereafter.

Is that the correct photo? They say 2007 on the front (unless I need to get my eyes checked).

Neat coin!

Is that the correct photo? They say 2007 on the front (unless I need to get my eyes checked).

Neat coin!

They are the 2007 coins Camo just probably got mixed up they are the 2007 coins 2008 coins wont be for a while

Um,yah. It is weird. Especially since it says these are the 2007's. All the info I read about them said there were 50 minted. Are the 2008 coins different or a remint with a different year on it. I'm coinfused.

Um,yah. It is weird. Especially since it says these are the 2007's. All the info I read about them said there were 50 minted. Are the 2008 coins different or a remint with a different year on it. I'm coinfused.

2008 coins have not been made yet. I think at first there were only so many minted

and they did a remint. Not sure on the quantities though.

yes they are keewee, i was apart of the group that designed and made the coin. We tried to, at first, do the northern lights in enamels by have 3 different colors and have then blend into each other. A problem arose with that so that idea was scratched. Some one got the idea of using a photo so a googling we did go and found a great picture of the northern lights. We got permission from the person that took the photo and then Rusty at personal coins cut out part of the photo and used it in the coin. Basically we used a sticker on the back and covered it with epoxy. In the end the coin turned out very cool looking and the first trackable coin for the MnGCA.

yes they are keewee, i was apart of the group that designed and made the coin. We tried to, at first, do the northern lights in enamels by have 3 different colors and have then blend into each other. A problem arose with that so that idea was scratched. Some one got the idea of using a photo so a googling we did go and found a great picture of the northern lights. We got permission from the person that took the photo and then Rusty at personal coins cut out part of the photo and used it in the coin. Basically we used a sticker on the back and covered it with epoxy. In the end the coin turned out very cool looking and the first trackable coin for the MnGCA.

Thanks for that. Brilliant idea. Going by the photo it looks like it worked really well... and we all know how much better again the coins look in person over a photo! :rolleyes:

There are several versions of this coin.

Here are the details

The 2007 MnGCA Geocoin

4 color imitation hard enamel front

2 color imitation hard enamel back with custom printing

1.75” Diameter

4 mm thick (nice thick coin!!)

Trackable on Geocaching.com with custom icon and name

Metal Types

5 Extremely Limited Edition Copper Coins

-------------------------------

These 5 coins will only be available on future MnGCA created E-Bay auctions.

Have not been sold yet

50 Limited Edition Gold Sets

First Minting

50 Sets (1 Antique Gold Coin and 1 Shiny Gold Coin)

SOLD OUT

These coins will not be re-minted.

Regular Edition Coins

First Minting

-------------

50 Antique Silver Coins - SOLD OUT

50 Shiny Silver Coins - SOLD OUT

Second Minting

100 Antique Silver Coins

100 Shiny Silver Coins

two-tone member coins

---------------------------

First Minting - 45 coins - SOLD OUT

Second Minting - 25 coins - Limited number available for MnGCA members as of a certain date.

Basically we used a sticker on the back and covered it with epoxy.

The northern lights are actually printed right on the top of black hard enamel.

The outlines of the trees are actually metal.

This made a great effect that I haven't seen on any other coins.

It was a tall order for Rusty to fill but he did it!!!

Thanks for that. Brilliant idea. Going by the photo it looks like it worked really well... and we all know how much better again the coins look in person over a photo! :)

Yes these are beautiful coins.

Both in look and feel.

You won't be disappointed.

How much is international shipping?

Thanks for that. Brilliant idea. Going by the photo it looks like it worked really well... and we all know how much better again the coins look in person over a photo! ;)

Yes these are beautiful coins.

Both in look and feel.

You won't be disappointed.

How much is international shipping?

1.50 for the first coin

.50 after

There are several versions of this coin.

Here are the details

The 2007 MnGCA Geocoin

4 color imitation hard enamel front

2 color imitation hard enamel back with custom printing

1.75” Diameter

4 mm thick (nice thick coin!!)

Trackable on Geocaching.com with custom icon and name

Metal Types

5 Extremely Limited Edition Copper Coins

These 5 coins will only be available on future MnGCA created E-Bay auctions.

Have not been sold yet

50 Limited Edition Gold Sets

First Minting

50 Sets (1 Antique Gold Coin and 1 Shiny Gold Coin)

SOLD OUT

These coins will not be re-minted.

Regular Edition Coins

First Minting

-------------

50 Antique Silver Coins - SOLD OUT

50 Shiny Silver Coins - SOLD OUT

Second Minting

100 Antique Silver Coins

100 Shiny Silver Coins

two-tone member coins

---------------------------

First Minting - 45 coins - SOLD OUT

Second Minting - 25 coins - Limited number available for MnGCA members as of a certain date.

I should have added that the 2007 coins will not be reminted after these last ones are sold out.

When these are gone that is it for the 2007 coin.

Of course we may have a 2008 version in a few months. ;)