I'm still celebrating!

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Those of you who saw my previous cointest, will know that in just under a months time, GeoDog aka Caesar and I, shall be carrying the Olympic Torch as it passes through London. :anicute:

We have just returned from an exceedingly hectic trip to Crufts, the worlds largest dog show. We spent quite a lot of time fundraising and doing PR for the charity Caesar comes from, Dogs for the Disabled. We did have time for some press briefings and also to watch some of the judging of the dog show.

The results of one press interview can be seen on the Crufts website

Now, to the cointest. Although time was short, I did manage to get to see the judging of three groups out of the seven, in addition to the Best in Show judging.

A Limited Edition Jukebox coin will be going to the first person who can name the three groups which I managed to watch the judging of.

If you are unfamiliar with the groups at dog shows, feel free to do some googling around to find out how Crufts is run.

Please, just one guess per hour per log in, and as time goes by, if necessary I'll give some hints.

Please don't edit your posts, wait an hour and try again!

So to recap, which three groups did I see judged at Crufts 2008?

Rescue Dog Agility

Southern Golden Retriever Display Team

Agility – International – Final

Yes, good guess, I did indeed watch the Southern Golden Retriever Display Team, even Caesar is interested in watching them, but they are not one of the judging groups in the Crufts dog show.

It's groups in the main show, the conformation (beauty) show, rather than the displays which I am after. :anicute:

Utility, Working and Hound - I don't think this combo has been used yet. Very nice article about you and your assistance dog.

I had a TB trying to reach Crufts - it was close but the folks who had it - missed the show. They are going to send it home. Well at least it was close. Perhaps a coin would have had better luck than a little rubber Boxer dog!

<snip> Very nice article about you and your assistance dog.

I had a TB trying to reach Crufts - it was close but the folks who had it - missed the show. They are going to send it home. Well at least it was close. Perhaps a coin would have had better luck than a little rubber Boxer dog!

Many thanks!

If you want a coin or TB there next year, I can get it there for you ... we go every year!

Oh dear...I got lost in the Flatcoated Retrievers. (I currently am owned by two and have two who have gone on before.)

Wow I have FCR's too. Well I had two, we just lost Tripper, very sad.

But Fagan is my multipurpose girl! Field, show, obedience. Oh and caching!

Edited by backhiker

<snip> Very nice article about you and your assistance dog.

Many thanks!

If you want a coin or TB there next year, I can get it there for you ... we go every year!

Thank you very much. I started 4 little dogs with TBs out when I started in 2006 - first one to make it close. I may be in touch and perhaps start one there next year - that would be fun! :anicute: