Geocaching Books

coloradoevie

I have recently been introduced to geochaching and our office gets tons of visitors throughout the summer season looking for a nearby cache (N 39° 35.182 W 105° 13.135). I would like to carry a book that would get other people or newcomers interested in geocaching. Any suggestions? There are only a few that show up on Amazon.com, so I was wondering if anyone has any personal favorites? (And if you could provide an author or ISBN that would help me research it too.)

Thanks!

There are some sheets you can print out that explain the game and refer the reader to geocaching.com. Maybe you could hand those out? I'm still a newbie, but to me this game seems better suited to a website description and hands on experience instead of a book. Add the evolution of the game, and local variations, and it seems to make a book a clumsy tool for caching. Then again, maybe the best book in the world is out there and I haven't seen it. Good luck either way. Converts are good.

Adding: I wasn't trying to comment on Markwell's book, I was typing when his post went up.

Edited by va griz

I carry copies of the trifold brochure from geocaching-U. I've also handed these out at scouting events.

As for books, I did pick up the Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching when I first got involved. What I liked about the book was where it shows you can do more with geocaching then just finding some ammo can in the woods (fun as that is).

As for books, I did pick up the Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching when I first got involved.

I did the same. Which means, for me, that I read it last week. :anicute:

It's out of date. The list of suggested prizes conflicts with the guidelines here. This site has had a major update since the book was written. GPS technology has changed. It still refers to now grandfathered cache types.

I had already read a lot on the Groundspeak site, so I knew plenty, but I wanted to read the book to get a more complete picture. It sure was helpful, but just not current.