Cant see Geocache Icons on GPS with .gPx files

Okay I have posted earlier about how I could not get .gPx files to work. I tried using vantage point and uploaded a packet query onto it. I can see the files, I can set the query file as active, I can see all the information, I can even view where the cache is with the cursor when i select "View", however there is still no Icon appearing on my screen to show me where the geocaches are once i move the curson. Any suggestions? Btw I have a Magellan eXplorist 400

Edited by Vorsicht

Are you sure you have the map setup to display Geocache Icons? From the map page, press Menu and go to Map Setup. In Map Setup, go to the Display tab and make sure the box next to Geocache Names has a checkmark in it. I export my .gs file from GSAK and can view the cache icons without a problem.

A while back, I had a problem viewing cache icons and I had them turned on in Map Setup. I ended up doing a full reset on my eX400 and that fixed the problem.

Yeah I was thinking about doing a reset however my Mapsend Topo canada cd is messed up and I dont want to lose my basemap while I wait for a new CD. I checked to see if I had Geocache Icons enabled, and I did, Its only .gPx icons im having trouble with, .loc files work

Edited by Vorsicht

I have solved the epic mystery. I reset my gps, and VOLIA they worked i now have 100 caches nearest to me which I got on my gps in less than 5 minutes. Plus Vantage Point lets me edit hints and baisically anything in the cache. After spending hours last night try to figure this out when it finally worked I was screaming and walking around like Tom Hanks screaming "I have made fire"

Thanks alot everyone