REAL Newbie question on Colorado 400t map

ctk2651

Ok, as you can see from another post I'm new to hiking / geocaching gps and Colorado 400t.

I'm looking at the map of my location and zoom down below 100ft and see what looks like scribbly lines all around the direction arrow. As I zoom in farther they become more pronounced, like a child took a pen and scribbled all over the map. I'm thinking these are some type of tracking marks??? But the unit has barely moved since it has been turned on, like moved 10ft?

So what are they and can I clear them from the screen?

Ok, as you can see from another post I'm new to hiking / geocaching gps and Colorado 400t.

I'm looking at the map of my location and zoom down below 100ft and see what looks like scribbly lines all around the direction arrow. As I zoom in farther they become more pronounced, like a child took a pen and scribbled all over the map. I'm thinking these are some type of tracking marks??? But the unit has barely moved since it has been turned on, like moved 10ft?

That is the track log. The GPS signal avries somewhat and so the unit thinks it is moving around.

If you don't wnat them, go into "tracks" in the setup menu and turn "show on map" off.

Thanks Red90,

Kinda thought so and from playing around figured how to turn them off. What threw me was the amount of "movement" being displayed.

That is the track log. The GPS signal avries somewhat and so the unit thinks it is moving around.

If you don't wnat them, go into "tracks" in the setup menu and turn "show on map" off.

Also you can get a screen shot to show us any future issues you may have.

All you have to do is press and hold the right soft key for about two seconds. Then connect your CO to you computer and the screen shot should be in [drive]:\Garmin\scrn\<unique_id>.bmp .

Screen shot? Does data stored on the computer only happen when you load the waypoints/tracks software which is PC compatible? Of course, I run on a iMac.

Also you can get a screen shot to show us any future issues you may have.

All you have to do is press and hold the right soft key for about two seconds. Then connect your CO to you computer and the screen shot should be in [drive]:\Garmin\scrn\<unique_id>.bmp .