Colordao GPX problems

I have currently just been uploading geocaches to my Colorado by pushing the send to GPS button on the Geocaching web site. But this morning a new cache popped up in my are and I tried doing what I had done the night before and they are getting sent to the GPS according to the Garmin communicator but when I try to find them on the Colorado they Are no where to be found. I tried it with some other caches that I know I have loaded onto My Colorado before. I also deleted a GPX file of a cache that was on the Unit, I tried reloading it and it does not appear on the unit, But if I search for it in the GPX file folder it is there. HELP!!!

Edited by snowyaker1

Yup, seeing something similar. Now that I have stopped complaining about battery life :laughing: I have copied over a bunch of gpx files to the garmin/gpx/ folder yet when i browse for waypoints or geocaches i see nothing. I even tried a send to from garmin communicator through firefox and still see no geocaches.

anyone??

Yup, seeing something similar. Now that I have stopped complaining about battery life :laughing: I have copied over a bunch of gpx files to the garmin/gpx/ folder yet when i browse for waypoints or geocaches i see nothing. I even tried a send to from garmin communicator through firefox and still see no geocaches.

anyone??

I'm having the same problem. I can send cache directly from the web page and it shows up but when I try to send a whole database from GSAK nothing shows up. Clyde told me to export as a file and then send to Colorado. It acts like its working but the caches still don't show up on the unit.

DrPerp

I'm having the same problem. I can send cache directly from the web page and it shows up but when I try to send a whole database from GSAK nothing shows up. Clyde told me to export as a file and then send to Colorado. It acts like its working but the caches still don't show up on the unit.

DrPerp

Be careful that you have not sent more than 2000 caches to the unit. It does strange things if you do.

Go in delete all of the GPX files from the GPX directoy on the unit.

Turn it on.

Go back in and put the GPX file on there. Restart the unit and they should show up as long as they have the proper Groundspeak information in them. Within GSAK, make sure the "Waypoint Name" is set to "%code" when exporting.

The only other "normal" problem is when using a MAC. The MAC does something strange in that the files are not really deleted when you delete them. Some silly Apple problem....

Moonpup for your issue cut the gpx files from your unit. Past them to your desk top. When that is done, put them back in teh GPX folder on your unit, that should work, that is what Garmin said.

To be absolutely sure I'd throw a reboot of the Colorado in between copying the files off and back on.

- Copy gpx files to PC

- Delete gpx files from the CO

- Disconnect CO

- Power on CO

- Connect CO

- Copy gpx files back to the CO

- Disconnect CO

- Power on CO

GO$Rs

There are easier ways to do that but I can't get GSAK to work with my colorado I had no problem with my other unit but It just doesn't work with the COlorado and I can't figure it out. If you have a suggestions for other ways let me know.

From GSAK, export a GPX file (ctrl-G) to the GPX directory on the Colorado. That is all you need to do. It is best if you put "%code" in the "Waypoint Name" field for everything to work correctly.