Colorado 400t battery cover

moonpup

On my new 400t, I noticed the battery cover does not go up all the way around the sides of the gps towards the front. It seems like the two tabs that are supposed to slide in at the top don't make it because the top back of the battery cover (center) is hitting and preventing the sides from sliding all the way up. So what I have is a gap on each side of about 1/16" that seems like it would let water pour right in. Anyone else see this?

You will get water under the battery shell, that's the way it is designed.

The only place you shouldn't see water is inside the rubber seal around the battery compartment and inside a similar seal around the SD card.

People have reported damage from water somehow getting past the two seals but getting water under the shell outside the seals is normal.

GO$Rs

Thanks for the reply. Still seems like a stupid design to let water in to start with hoping the inside seal will work. Do engineers not use their heads anymore? Gee, let's make this cover so that it let's water in and hope our inside seals don't fail. Glad these people aren't working for NASA!

Thanks for the reply. Still seems like a stupid design to let water in to start with hoping the inside seal will work. Do engineers not use their heads anymore? Gee, let's make this cover so that it let's water in and hope our inside seals don't fail. Glad these people aren't working for NASA!

They have to put the seal somewhere. All O-ring style seals are at least inboard enough to create a groove to but the O-ring in. So if it is just plastic who cares if the o-ring is inset 1/8" or 1"?