Garmin iQue M5

Sulley_Monster

I'm using player version 2.0.4807.4913. The M5 has Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition version 4.21.1008.

Edit: I see a new version of the player was released last week. I'll load it and try again.

I just tried installing and running it on our M5 and it locked up. Rebooted 3 times Got as far as walk 165' part of the tutorial once. :anicute: Version 2.0.4907.4007

Guess we won't be playing :drama:

I'm using player version 2.0.4807.4913. The M5 has Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition version 4.21.1008.

Edit: I see a new version of the player was released last week. I'll load it and try again.

I just tried installing and running it on our M5 and it locked up. Rebooted 3 times Got as far as walk 165' part of the tutorial once. :) Version 2.0.4907.4007

Guess we won't be playing :rolleyes:

I couldn't even get that far. I'd get to the part where I needed to put on the space suit and it locked up. I tried it 3 times and it locked in the same place each time.

I know Groundspeak did some custom scripting for that cartridge, so I wonder if it's just because that's when it did all the calculations for zone creation.

If you're able and have a few minutes, try making a test cartridge with zones on the road to/from your workplace. Keep your PDA on while driving and see if it locks up as you go from zone to zone. If you want, at one part in town where you know you'll have to stop, create some question you have to answer to see if it handles that. At least this way you can test your hardware while not wasting your time since you're driving there anyway.

If you're able and have a few minutes, try making a test cartridge with zones on the road to/from your workplace. Keep your PDA on while driving and see if it locks up as you go from zone to zone. If you want, at one part in town where you know you'll have to stop, create some question you have to answer to see if it handles that. At least this way you can test your hardware while not wasting your time since you're driving there anyway.

This is going to be the tough part for me. I've just started looking at the builder...it's a bit overwhelming at the moment. I'm going to tinker with it over the next few days and see what I come up with.

I too was having trouble with my garmin ique m5. Here's what it was. The first time I installed everything in order as per recommended. When I loaded it up to use I had no troubel. The problem I encountered was when I loaded the tutaorial cartridge. When I would scroll to read the words is when it would lock up. Then after that I did a soft reset and it got locked up at searching for gps like others have. I did a restore to a previous restore point and then reinstalled everything again and back to the same loop. So I decided to delete the toturial from the unit and install a different cartridge (easter egg hunt) and I have had no problems since then.

I created a cartridge for my home including my mailbox, trampoline and shed as the zones and I am happy to say that it was a success! ;) So I am working on making a Wherigo cache for my area. As of this moment there are NO Wherigo caches in Arizona and I hope to be the first to place one. It will be a basic set up for now but I hope to make some of the really cool ones I have seen others make.

Welcome to the new age of geocaching where we are not just the search engine but now we can live out a fantasy game, in real life. Zelda has nothing on Wherigo.

I had the same lock-up issues with the tutorial cartridge on my M5, especially locking up when I tried to scroll the screen. Each time I reset it, I could get a little farther in the game. After about 5 tries, it locked up while displaying the completion code. Success!!! .... I think. I loaded and ran another locationless cartridge that worked fine, then built my own simple test cartridge that also ran with no problems. I'm wondering if it was the more intensive media in the tutorial? Still experimenting.... :mad:

Okay, I have the M5 as I have said earlier. I have used all the newer players and here is what I have come up with.

1) After removing all the software and then reloading the cab, I can get the player to work... 1 time. I found a way around that by unselecting the "auto detect" to "com 4 9600" and it works fine. Even after playing new cartridge or stopping the player and even after a soft reset.

2) But with all the players I have used, I still have one issue. When there are pictures on something and when I have to scroll down, it locks up and I have to do a soft reset. I think an earlier poster described the same problem with the tutorial which was a problem for me too. But I think to define more of what the issue is, is that when there is a picture and the screen needs to be scrolled down. Is there anyone having this issue with other PDA/GPSr? I am short of doing a hard reset and installing everything again from scratch.

I've tried several times to get Wherigo to work with the M5. I can't get it to go beyond the screen GPS device detection in progress screen.

Same for me but initially the M5's GPS was detected by the WiG player but all I had installed was a cartridge an hour away from me.

So I put the easter Egg "anywhere" cartridge on the M5 and find that the WiG player cEn't detect the satellites even though the M5 shows 3D with 8 satellites!

Now what? No changes were ever made to any of the M5 settings.