Send to GPS

ashsama

Is the feature 'send to gps' currently running?

Whenever I try it the popup states 'looking for devices' for about 5 seconds,

then I get the yellow exclamation sign 'error on webpage' in the lower left corner....

I'm using the latest plugin and garmin mapsource works flawless so there's nothing wrong

with the hardware.

I'm also using GMN(garmin) format, if I use NMEA then I get 'no devices found'.

As a premium member I had hoped it would work but I'm out of luck I guess....

//Greg

Is the feature 'send to gps' currently running?

Whenever I try it the popup states 'looking for devices' for about 5 seconds,

then I get the yellow exclamation sign 'error on webpage' in the lower left corner....

I'm using the latest plugin and garmin mapsource works flawless so there's nothing wrong

with the hardware.

I'm also using GMN(garmin) format, if I use NMEA then I get 'no devices found'.

As a premium member I had hoped it would work but I'm out of luck I guess....

//Greg

Latest plugging, do you mean Garmin Communicator?

Also what gps and how is do you hook it up to your pc?

Q. Does the Communicator work with all Garmin devices?

A. No, the Communicator works best with devices that connect to a computer via USB cable.

While some devices that connect to a computer via serial cable or serial-USB adapter will work with the Communicator, they are not officially supported and we cannot guarantee compatibility or provide customer support.

From the Garmin FAQ.

Q. Does the Communicator work with all Garmin devices?

A. No, the Communicator works best with devices that connect to a computer via USB cable.

While some devices that connect to a computer via serial cable or serial-USB adapter will work with the Communicator, they are not officially supported and we cannot guarantee compatibility or provide customer support.

From the Garmin FAQ.

When I got my Colarado 300 last week the only way I could get the Geocache to go in the correct place was to "send to GPS"

since then I figured out how to load the Pocket Query into the GPS folder and loaded my nearest caches

There has been one extra added and I just wanted that on my Colarado but NOW when I try to send to GPS

I get the message " this feature only works with garmin GPS

As it did work last week what can have changed so it does not work this week and Why is the Colarado not showing as a Garmin GPS unit

It is working OK with mapsource and I can send maps tracks point etc

I have reloaded the the plug in I downloaded again to make sure it was latest and even rebooted PC

Where can I look next???

I think its broken, I cant use it either. even the link to Garmin is not working.

I agree; it's broken. It worked 2 days ago with my Legend HCx but not today.

RGS

I have had a thought Have you guys done the Vista service pack 1 upgrade

I did Because up to that point it was working on my Colarado last week it was fine this week it wont work

That is the only change I have made

But if you have not or use XP then that is not the cause

My XP machine is having probs It is a A440 P111 800 gh

I only use it for loading mapsoure maps now as it is such a long job it frees up my Every day laptop Vista core 2 duo 2.5gh

The Interent security has expired but as soon as I get the renewed subscription in I will be able to try with XP on my old machine It has worked on there with 76CSx no probs

Solved Ran this one in Dual Boot on XP works no problem so it is a Vista thing

After the Service pack I think it resets the ACTIVE X

If you run the install program again get to the test page the interenet options nd ALLOW ACTIVE X all works fine again The service pack must reset the Active X as a security fix

I am working again I found out because I wanted to upload to Motion Based and that aslo uses Garmin Communicator too

Edited by IvorBigun

I just got a Garmin Venture HC and I'm running Mac 10.5.2 and it isn't working either. I've tried Safari 3.1 and FireFox 2.0.0.13 and neither browsers are working. The pop-up window says that I have my GPSr connected but then the area below says that I may not have the updated Garmin Communicator, of which I just downloaded last night. Any insight to this issue would be WONDERFUL! I'm very excited to get started but would really like not to have to input by hand. :o

Edited by NtShade

I think its broken, I cant use it either. even the link to Garmin is not working.

I agree; it's broken. It worked 2 days ago with my Legend HCx but not today.

RGS

...After the Service pack I think it resets the ACTIVE X

If you run the install program again get to the test page the interenet options nd ALLOW ACTIVE X all works fine again The service pack must reset the Active X as a security fix...

I got communicator to only work the first time I installed it. I has not worked since. I had reloaded the software and the Garmin test page showed the connection as good and found my GPS (map 60CS) but the download plugin could not find the GPS and told me to load the communicator. The third time I reinstalled it, it completely broke and now the test page can't even see the plugin or my GPS.

I did this all before upgrading to SP1. I have also set all ActiveX settings to allow anything. Still does not work.

I loaded this last night on my desktop running XP and it worked just fine. It is definitely a VISTA problem.